PDA

View Full Version : Starting X1

thedonz
28-07-2017, 03:28 PM
Starting to piece together the first match preview with the season starting in 2 weeks and really struggling to come up with a starting eleven.

I know things might change in that time but based on what we know at the moment , is anyone else a bit lost like me?

sinkov
28-07-2017, 03:44 PM
I think you can pencil in Heaton, Lowton, Tarko, Mee, then it gets tricky. I'd expect Iceland and Brady to be playing wide but I wouldn't put money on it. Dyche seems to be in love with Hendrick so I'd expect him to start, the rest is guesswork imo.

thedonz
28-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Glad I'm not the only one struggling. I think Jack Cork might get a start in midfield

The Bedlington Terrier
28-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Heaton,
Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Ward,
Gudmundsson, Hendrick, Cork, Brady,
Vokes and Gray.
Good bench too:
Pope, Long, Taylor, Defour, Westwood, Barnes & Walters.
An embarrassment of riches!

thedonz
28-07-2017, 04:02 PM
I wouldn't mind that starting X1 BT. Not very often have we seen a team over the last 2-3 years without either or both Arfield and Boyd.

oldcolner
28-07-2017, 05:54 PM
I suppose it depends what Sean wants to do. Plays his best team or give those on the fringes a chance before the more serious friendlies.
Tarks wasn't played on Tuesday due to a niggle and Anderson stepped in, the attack pairings were Walters and Vokes which got two goals, Barnes and Gray which did little and AYgei got a cameo of 7 mins.
I would like to see Aygei and Defour get a start, Anderson get another chance and Taylor some more time. Maybe he'll do two teams for 45 mins each. Is Bardsley still injured?

The Bedlington Terrier
28-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Sorry oldcolner, I thought it was meant for the opener against Chelsea. :confused:

thedonz
28-07-2017, 07:07 PM
It is for the Chelsea game. However there may be some clues over the last 3 friendly games. Especially the home games against Celta Viga and Hanover