PDA

View Full Version : Two from Forest: Iacovitti & Yates

DS1862
28-07-2017, 03:47 PM
From Twitter:

@LeighCurtis_NP
1 hour ago

Notts County are in for Forest duo Alex Iacovitti and Ryan Yates. Magpies just waiting on #NFFC

@LeighCurtis_NP
42 minutes ago

Yes told both are very keen. Notts are waiting for Forest, although I suspect hinges on what business they do before they agree.

What we need?

Redrag
28-07-2017, 06:16 PM
From Twitter:

@LeighCurtis_NP
1 hour ago

Notts County are in for Forest duo Alex Iacovitti and Ryan Yates. Magpies just waiting on #NFFC

@LeighCurtis_NP
42 minutes ago

Yes told both are very keen. Notts are waiting for Forest, although I suspect hinges on what business they do before they agree.

What we need?

I would think that this is potentially a very good loan for you. Both 20 years old, Iacovitti is in the first team squad, has made his full debut and played for Scotland's youth teams, Yates is in the uner 23s but is also expecte to make the step up. There's a lot of promise there if you can brin it out. I hope that you can.

But they are not up for sale.

Bohinen
28-07-2017, 06:17 PM
From Twitter:

@LeighCurtis_NP
1 hour ago

@LeighCurtis_NP
42 minutes ago

What we need?

It seems that Ryan Yates was playing on loan for Shrewsbury in League One last year, so it might be what we need, but not necessarily what he needs. He got a red card against Bristol Rovers for two bad tackles, but I wouldn't hold that against him.

Redrag
28-07-2017, 06:22 PM
I would think that Tyler Walker's available as well.

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2017, 06:36 PM
Becoming our feeder club, ;D

Steward
28-07-2017, 06:38 PM
Lets not get excited (if at all) untill they've actually signed.

queenslandpie
28-07-2017, 07:42 PM

Florist would know all about that. All those players that have left so they can realise their dream of premiership football actually happening. B)

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Florist would know all about that. All those players that have left so they can realise their dream of premiership football actually happening. B)

They went for a fee Queenie. We want you to give our youngsters game time.
It's a vicious circle. Bring them on, the gap gets wider.

LaxtonLad
28-07-2017, 07:49 PM

Embarrassing for any Magpie supporter with Forest mates/workmates, thank fluff I'm retired.

BigFatPie
28-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Embarrassing for any Magpie supporter with Forest mates/workmates, thank fluff I'm retired.

Having 3 loan deals from any club, let alone our local rivals, does have the feel of feeder club about it.

Grant's fine, but I'd rather we signed decent players of our own tbh.

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2017, 08:04 PM
Having 3 loan deals from any club, let alone our local rivals, does have the feel of feeder club about it.

Grant's fine, but I'd rather we signed decent players of our own tbh.

Signing decent players costs money. If you don't have it, then this is a good deal for you.
Believe me, these kids are good.
I hope you develop them further with game time. Either for our first team, or for transfer money. win win win

countygump
28-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Signing decent players costs money. If you don't have it, then this is a good deal for you.
Believe me, these kids are good.
I hope you develop them further with game time. Either for our first team, or for transfer money. win win win

Agree with le Trickster. Win, win situ for all. Would anyone have batted an eyelid if we'd have taken 3 young uns from Leicester or Villa? Don't care where they come from personally as long as everyone benefits.

SmiffyPie
28-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Feeder Club?? Stop being so friggin delicate ladies. Quite a few people bumping their gums about how poor we are and the quality we are able to attract. If KN/AH have something going with them over there then fine by me. Unless of course we are happy with another 'consolidation' season (ffs) (Sorry BFP) (x)

Redrag
28-07-2017, 08:30 PM

A feeder club sells off its best players to another club over a number of seasons. This is not remotely what is happening here. If a long term relationship developed where Forest supplies its promising players on loan to Notts County for them to gain league experience and mature as players that would be mutually beneicial, both clubs would gain and both would ofer something to the other.

SmiffyPie
28-07-2017, 08:32 PM
A feeder club sells off its best players to another club over a number of seasons. This is not remotely what is happening here. If a long term relationship developed where Forest supplies its promising players on loan to Notts County for them to gain league experience and mature as players that would be mutually beneicial, both clubs would gain and both would ofer something to the other.Well said that man.

BigFatPie
28-07-2017, 08:40 PM
All fair points.

To extend the logic though, and if the rules let us, we could loan 11 players from Forest u-23s, and not bother having any of our own players? Would that be ok?

Thin end of the wedge imo, just like b teams in the Feckatrade.

chedozie
28-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Not often I agree with your tricky but on this I'm with you all the way, anyone from anywhere that's gets us out of this hell hole of league I'm happy with and to be honest whilst I would never hope to ever see the day where your club would be celebrating days like you've had in the past, I'd rather see a certain club on the M5 south suffer much more everyday of the week...

Elite_Pie
28-07-2017, 08:52 PM
We want you to give our youngsters game time. It's a vicious circle. Bring them on, the gap gets wider.

Not necessarily. I've just hit on a cunning plan - if we can develop them from raw reserves to upper end League 1 standard then they will be useful for us, but not much use to you. In that way we get the win / win bit.

MAD_MAGPIE
28-07-2017, 09:04 PM
A feeder club sells off its best players to another club over a number of seasons. This is not remotely what is happening here. If a long term relationship developed where Forest supplies its promising players on loan to Notts County for them to gain league experience and mature as players that would be mutually beneicial, both clubs would gain and both would ofer something to the other.

Is the right answer. I honestly do not care one bit where a player comes from. What I do care about is are they good enough to play for Notts County and secondly do they offer something that we do not already have in our squad? If the answer is yes to both then bring them in.

I see no need for any Notts fans to worry as we are not a feeder club, or a nursery for Forest or any other club. We are a club that wants to progress and get out of League Two through promotion and need players that can do a job for us.

Freeman25
28-07-2017, 09:11 PM
All fair points.

To extend the logic though, and if the rules let us, we could loan 11 players from Forest u-23s, and not bother having any of our own players? Would that be ok?

Thin end of the wedge imo, just like b teams in the Feckatrade.

The rules don't let us.

As far as i can remember from playing FM (actually a great source for this kind of stuff) it used to be that you were allowed 4 "long term loans" and I think there is a limit of 4 loan players from the same club, I thought it was 2 but if we're trying to sign 2 Forest players on loan on top of Grant it's either not or that was a rule for Premiership clubs that I'm remembering.

You're also only allowed 5 loan players in your matchday squad, as you may remember Derry used to talk about juggling which loan players he had in the team and on the bench.

I'll load it up and check

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Not necessarily. I've just hit on a cunning plan - if we can develop them from raw reserves to upper end League 1 standard then they will be useful for us, but not much use to you. In that way we get the win / win bit.

lol, Lacovetti in particular has Championship experience. He is not raw reserves.
He is just not quite ready for first team action.
do your homework next time.

Elite_Pie
28-07-2017, 09:26 PM
lol, Lacovetti in particular has Championship experience. He is not raw reserves.
He is just not quite ready for first team action.
do your homework next time.

You tell me to do my homework, yet you actually get his name wrong?????

It's Iacovitti, not Lacovetti you dumbass.

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2017, 09:29 PM
pmsl. I type his name wrong on an IPHONE.

You really are hysterical EP. Don't ever change please. B)
Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Elite_Pie
28-07-2017, 09:38 PM
pmsl. I type his name wrong on an IPHONE.

You really are hysterical EP. Don't ever change please. B)
Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

No, you pretend you are 'in the know' when the reality is that you don't have a clue.

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2017, 09:52 PM
No, you pretend you are 'in the know' when the reality is that you don't have a clue.

Really. What if I told you my friend works in the club?

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2017, 09:52 PM
phonebox by yourself, pmsl

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2017, 09:53 PM
This just gets better lol

SmiffyPie
28-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Girls!! FFS, is there really any need to screw every post up with your petty bitching? Don't you know how phucking pathetic you look?

Edit: And I do know who starts the crap and picks the friggin bones out of every comment. Bloody sad arse!!

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Girls!! FFS, is there really any need to screw every post up with your petty bitching? Don't you know how phucking pathetic you look?

i actually agree Smiffy. he really needs to leave the John Smiths in the fridge lol

Elite_Pie
28-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Really. What if I told you my friend works in the club?

I'd struggle to believe you.

You have a friend?

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2017, 10:13 PM
I'd struggle to believe you.

You have a friend?

lol, classic keep going, i love this.

Elite_Pie
28-07-2017, 10:32 PM
lol, classic keep going, i love this.

The thing is, I'm a Notts County fan spending his evening on a Notts County messageboard, whereas you are a Forest fan spending his evening on a Notts County messageboard.

Think about it.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
28-07-2017, 10:56 PM
Sorry but I'm not a fan of the Alan Hardy love in with florest !
Bringing in red dogs, training them, improving them, developing them, giving them game time then sending them back for florest benefit.... no sorry !
Let's invest that time, patience and effort into our own youngsters that seem to be being released left, right and centre !

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2017, 11:26 PM
The thing is, I'm a Notts County fan spending his evening on a Notts County messageboard, whereas you are a Forest fan spending his evening on a Notts County messageboard.

Think about it.

Listen clown, I was on topic talking about Forest youth being developed to NCFC advantage.
You really are the king are of argumentative,
If you wish to discuss said players, then fine
If not, just shut the **** up, you boring plank

i961pie
29-07-2017, 05:26 AM
Listen clown, I was on topic talking about Forest youth being developed to NCFC advantage.
You really are the king are of argumentative,
If you wish to discuss said players, then fine
If not, just shut the **** up, you boring plank

Why don't one of you just totally ignore the other then a lot of the threads won't turn into playground squabbles.
I'm sure with a bit off effort you could manage it:zzz:

irishpete
29-07-2017, 07:13 AM
If I want to watch players from over the Trent,I'd go & watch them over there not ML.An odd one is OK,but 2 or 3 no thanks.Starting to look like panic signings to me.

ancientpie
29-07-2017, 07:36 AM
I must confess that I'm not entirely comfortable with the thought of having 3 young reds in our side, it smells of us becoming a feeder/ nursery club for them. Hopefully they will do well & help us out of this league & forest will be less inclined to lend us players if the gap closes, but I haven't invested in a ST to watch their reserve/ youth team & hope that KN picks the team on merit rather than an obligation to play loanees.

i961pie
29-07-2017, 07:46 AM
I must confess that I'm not entirely comfortable with the thought of having 3 young reds in our side, it smells of us becoming a feeder/ nursery club for them. Hopefully they will do well & help us out of this league & forest will be less inclined to lend us players if the gap closes, but I haven't invested in a ST to watch their reserve/ youth team & hope that KN picks the team on merit rather than an obligation to play loanees.

The likes of Grealish McGregor and Bola were loanees, I'm not bothered where they come from if they are good enough and get us out of this league

sidders
29-07-2017, 08:09 AM
The likes of Grealish McGregor and Bola were loanees, I'm not bothered where they come from if they are good enough and get us out of this league

Then you should be. The kind of wholesale loaning that seems to be occurring brings the day that Nottingham boasts only ONE football club that much nearer.
Okay, is that what you want?

Old_pie
29-07-2017, 08:11 AM

You did mean "Don't you know how phucking pathetic you BOTH look?" I trust.

Neither of them can keep to their promises that is a FACT!

The-Mac pie
29-07-2017, 08:23 AM
I don't really care where we get loan players from...
If they are willing to wear the black n white stripes and keep us Away from the trap door..
For now that will do me fine.
Canny thinking as far as I'm concerned
I'm sure "ah" and "kn" have a long term plan..
Maybe the short term plan isn't to everyone's liking...

Bohinen
29-07-2017, 08:35 AM
If they are willing to wear the black n white stripes and keep us Away from the trap door..

This aspect of the short term plan doesn't bother me. Far worse is lumbering us with deadwood on 2 year contracts.

The-Mac pie
29-07-2017, 08:44 AM
Very Well put bo

Elite_Pie
29-07-2017, 09:20 AM
You did mean "Don't you know how phucking pathetic you BOTH look?" I trust.

Neither of them can keep to their promises that is a FACT!

Out of interest, what promise have I ever made that I haven't kept to?

Elite_Pie
29-07-2017, 09:23 AM

The ideal scenario is that the players they loan to us turn out to be good League 1 standard. That way they might just help us move up a division, but they won't be much use to them when we send them back.

Old_pie
29-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Out of interest, what promise have I ever made that I haven't kept to?

Both you and Tricky have previously apologised for taking over threads with petty bickering, the sort of girlie bickering that Smiffy mentioned, and you've both been under threat of banning orders for so doing, but neither of you can give up.

If what you said wasn't a promise then you're a politician AICMP.

Elite_Pie
29-07-2017, 10:00 AM
Both you and Tricky have previously apologised for taking over threads with petty bickering, the sort of girlie bickering that Smiffy mentioned, and you've both been under threat of banning orders for so doing, but neither of you can give up.

If what you said wasn't a promise then you're a politician AICMP.

You have the wrong person, I've never apologised for "taking over" threads. How can you take over a thread? On this board there are several arguments that develop (Vlad got involved in more than me!), several threads that meander off topic, always has been and always will be.
A few people occasionally whine like Smiffy, usually saying "ruining every thread" when in reality it's a tiny number.

SwalePie
29-07-2017, 10:20 AM
You have the wrong person, I've never apologised for "taking over" threads. How can you take over a thread? On this board there are several arguments that develop (Vlad got involved in more than me!), several threads that meander off topic, always has been and always will be.
A few people occasionally whine like Smiffy, usually saying "ruining every thread" when in reality it's a tiny number.

Back to the thread subject then...(please, please, please don't carry on this petty personal bickering guys)

I doubt that all three would regularly be in the starting eleven but if they're pushing our own players to perform and keep their places then so be it!

queenslandpie
29-07-2017, 10:30 AM
Back to the thread subject then...(please, please, please don't carry on this petty personal bickering guys)

I doubt that all three would regularly be in the starting eleven but if they're pushing our own players to perform and keep their places then so be it!

Why do you doubt that all 3 would regularly be in the starting eleven? I dont know who good these 2 are or aren't but if one of them is on the fringes of Florists first team as trickster suggests they would be better than our lot for sure. Having three Florist loanees ( or 3 loannes at once from any club) in the first team doesn't sit well with me though.

Old_pie
29-07-2017, 10:33 AM

Both you and Tricky have said you'd stop it (the bickering) and certainly on one occasion when I complained about it a (sensible) mod - Swale(?) stepped in and you BOTH gave reassurances.

So instead of the topic continuing on subject or even subject related, you two would be at it, as again you are now, hammer and tongs, well handbags and thongs. It's tiring as there is some interesting stuff to be said about the two clubs using each other.

Now I hope your doctor doesn't confuse selective memory loss and early onset dementia, or maybe you merely have a more flexible view on what "taking over a thread" means.

Personal messaging is available and I don't know why you don't take your obsessions with each other over there.

Anyway enough from me, I've made my point, again, and I don't want to end being like you two and taking over the thread.

Edit: Sorry Swale - was busy writing above when you posted yours.

Elite_Pie
29-07-2017, 10:45 AM

You would think that Grant would be an automatic choice, but I don't know much about the other two. Iacovitti only played 8 games on a season loan for Stags and was sent back early, but given our shortcomings in central defence should get a chance. Yates has played 12 times for Shrewsbury, so I doubt either of them are anywhere near the Forest first team. It's still just a story in the Red Rag at the moment, so we'll have to wait and see if it happens.

Elite_Pie
29-07-2017, 10:52 AM
Both you and Tricky have said you'd stop it (the bickering) and certainly on one occasion when I complained about it a (sensible) mod - Swale(?) stepped in and you BOTH gave reassurances.

You are wrong. I've never given reassurances about anything. I'm guessing you probably misunderstood a joke New Year Resolution post I made at the turn of the year when I said I had made two resolutions:

1. In 2017 I promise not to get involved in arguments any more on this board.
2. In 2017 I promise not to get involved in arguments any less on this board.

I reckon I've stuck to those pledges pretty well!

kill_the_drum
29-07-2017, 11:14 AM
You are wrong. I've never given reassurances about anything. I'm guessing you probably misunderstood a joke New Year Resolution post I made at the turn of the year when I said I had made two resolutions:

I used to post regularly on this board but to be honest every decent thread gets sabotaged by you and your inferiority complex with Tricky.
I don't know either of you and I'm sure I'd happily enjoy your company over a pint. But in all honesty Elite, you come across as a real douche bag on this board.
I don't know what your twos problem is or what has happened in the past, but I think you need to let it go. It's boring and annoying for everyone else!

Elite_Pie
29-07-2017, 11:18 AM
I used to post regularly on this board but to be honest every decent thread gets sabotaged by you and your inferiority complex with Tricky.
I don't know either of you and I'm sure I'd happily enjoy your company over a pint. But in all honesty Elite, you come across as a real douche bag on this board.
I don't know what your twos problem is or what has happened in the past, but I think you need to let it go. It's boring and annoying for everyone else!

So why didn't you offer your opinion on the potential loan deals instead of moaning?

kill_the_drum
29-07-2017, 11:19 AM

I just don't understand the pigheadedness of any fan that wouldn't want to improve there own team because it's possibly improving a player that plays for a rival club (are they even a rival?)
Forest have one of the best youth academies outside the Premiership, lets exploit it as much as we can if it improves our circumstances!

navypie
29-07-2017, 11:23 AM

I must admit I have been pretty lonely over here in Switzerland but seeing ep's bitching as brought a smile to my face . Keep it up elite , I look forward to more of the same as well as your excellent match reports in the coming weeks . Roll on September 4th !

Trickytreesreds
29-07-2017, 12:04 PM
I just don't understand the pigheadedness of any fan that wouldn't want to improve there own team because it's possibly improving a player that plays for a rival club (are they even a rival?)
Forest have one of the best youth academies outside the Premiership, lets exploit it as much as we can if it improves our circumstances!

And KTD hits the nail firmly on the head.

The Forest academy is going from strength to strength. It has continued to pump out first team candidates now for the last 6 years consistently. It has even Become a money making machine. The Greeks have made it quite plain, that more cash will be invested into it.

Now I am quite happy for Notts to help us develop these players. You get a return on it as well.
The question I would be asking though, is why is Notts youth development either so crap, or non existent?

Old_pie
29-07-2017, 12:15 PM
The question I would be asking though, is why is Notts youth development either so crap, or non existent?

There was no need, we could afford to the likes of Schmeichel, Hughsie and others. Worked well (for a while at least).

navypie
29-07-2017, 12:24 PM
There was no need, we could afford to the likes of Schmeichel, Hughsie and others. Worked well (for a while at least).

I could afford almost anything if I paid by card !

tarquinbeech
29-07-2017, 01:50 PM
I must admit that I'm 50/50 on this topic.....having a good relationship with your nearest neighbours is a plus, Grant is an example of this.
Getting half-decent loan players in (at minimal cost) at our level could be a godsend...if they don't work out, send them back, simples.

The downside is that we COULD end up with a team of 3 Forest lads and 8 County lads on the same pitch, which is a no-no in many eyes, also, how does this encourage the likes of JordOn, who's been knocking around the Reserves for a few years, finally gets a chance of first-team action...but then gets nudged out by Forest Reserve players?.....who's going to really want to sign for our Academy if we get a reputation as a Forest feeder club?

Lastly, the cynical side of me is whispering that this is a Marketing ploy to get more Forest fans to County games....mmmm

keldsyke
29-07-2017, 01:58 PM
I must admit that I'm 50/50 on this topic.....having a good relationship with your nearest neighbours is a plus, Grant is an example of this.
Getting half-decent loan players in (at minimal cost) at our level could be a godsend...if they don't work out, send them back, simples.

The downside is that we COULD end up with a team of 3 Forest lads and 8 County lads on the same pitch, which is a no-no in many eyes, also, how does this encourage the likes of JordOn, who's been knocking around the Reserves for a few years, finally gets a chance of first-team action...but then gets nudged out by Forest Reserve players?.....who's going to really want to sign for our Academy if we get a reputation as a Forest feeder club?

Lastly, the cynical side of me is whispering that this is a Marketing ploy to get more Forest fans to County games....mmmm

So you were happy with Grant (Forest) Bola (Arsenal) the lad from Hull and the 8 other lads playing in the team that saved us from relegation?

Bohinen
29-07-2017, 02:00 PM
I think the problem here is Hardy sees himself as some kind of saviour of Nottingham sport. He wants to help Ilkeston (and their new Ladies team!), Notts and Forest. Compare that with Pavis, who was driven to make us equal with or better than Forest because he had fallen out with them. Maybe it didn't work, but he gave it a good try.

Hardy isn't really a Notts fan is he though? I'm not even sure he'll stick with us for that long, he seems to like his new toy. But, for now, some quality Forest loanees might be better than scraping the barrel for trialists, who we seem to be offering contracts to.

tarquinbeech
29-07-2017, 02:04 PM
So you were happy with Grant (Forest) Bola (Arsenal) the lad from Hull and the 8 other lads playing in the team that saved us from relegation?

Kels - I'm happy with decent loan players at our level, yes............my point (and the point of many others on this thread), is having 3 loan players from our nearest neighbours and long-term competitors.....is that a good thing in the long-term?

Redrag
29-07-2017, 02:32 PM
You would think that Grant would be an automatic choice, but I don't know much about the other two. Iacovitti only played 8 games on a season loan for Stags and was sent back early, but given our shortcomings in central defence should get a chance. Yates has played 12 times for Shrewsbury, so I doubt either of them are anywhere near the Forest first team. It's still just a story in the Red Rag at the moment, so we'll have to wait and see if it happens.

I made a mistake earlier on, Iacovitti is still 19, he turns 20 in September, but he has palyed twice for Forest, the first time being a year ago, his loan spell with Mansfield ended when Steve Evans arrived and didn't want him.

Ryan Yates has not made his Forest debut but the Barrow manager said

"He's a diamond in terms of wanting to learn, wanting to get better, wanting to get stronger. That's what makes Ryan so potent in this squad. He rubs off on other people with his hunger and desire."

Forest recalled him from there and he played 12 games in League 1 from the time he joined Shrewsbury, that is, from the start of February.

Forest seem to have so many players at the moment that they can't guarantee that they will get the first team time they need. If you have better options then that's great but I think that they are good prospects.

Redrag
29-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Last comment from me before concentrating on the Forest game on Twitter. Why not look on this as a short term solution and develop links between the staff at both academies so that the success which the Forest academy seems to be enjoying at present can be shared and make future loans unnecessary?

pedrolane
29-07-2017, 03:20 PM
It looks to me that Hardy had no recruitment strategy at all? Lets just go for Forest's unwanted players. Grant agreed is a good player, the other two mentioned are hardly going to make us promotion contenders. Being very poorly advised by Fletcher and his mates IMO.

kill_the_drum
29-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Kels - I'm happy with decent loan players at our level, yes............my point (and the point of many others on this thread), is having 3 loan players from our nearest neighbours and long-term competitors.....is that a good thing in the long-term?

There is no 'long term' in football. There's only here and now.
If Alan Hardy came out now and said I'm going to budget enough to avoid relegation for the next few years but invest heavily in a top spec academy, what do you think the reaction would be?
Players and managers have less than a two year cycle, and owners 5 years. Nobody cares about long term.
We don't have the resources or the time, so let's take advantage of the clubs that do!

i961pie
29-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Then you should be. The kind of wholesale loaning that seems to be occurring brings the day that Nottingham boasts only ONE football club that much nearer.
Okay, is that what you want?

That's rubbish, teams in our position have loanees all the time it is the only way they can afford to operate. I think you are being a bit over dramatic because one or two might be coming from Forest. Someone posted earlier if they were from Stoke or Villa it wouldn't matter a toss.

ancientpie
29-07-2017, 06:40 PM
That's rubbish, teams in our position have loanees all the time it is the only way they can afford to operate. I think you are being a bit over dramatic because one or two might be coming from Forest. Someone posted earlier if they were from Stoke or Villa it wouldn't matter a toss.

I would be worried if we had 3 loanees from any one club although will admit that that club being forest seems to somehow make it worse. We know that Grant looks a good player at our level but I know little about the other 2, if they prove themselves to be better than our own players then obviously we should play them but my concern is that if they are of the same level they will get picked to keep the reds "sweet" & our own players/ youngsters will miss out, as always I will reserve judgement & only time will tell.

SmiffyPie
29-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Last comment from me before concentrating on the Forest game on Twitter. Why not look on this as a short term solution and develop links between the staff at both academies so that the success which the Forest academy seems to be enjoying at present can be shared and make future loans unnecessary?It should be regarded as a short term solution and why some posters are getting their knickers in a twist is beyond me. If it was three loans (say) from team a, b and c they wouldn't bat an eyelid. But from Florist?? Gasp, shock horror!!!! AH appears to have to go down the loan road to get anything like the quality we need, if from across the river why not?? Suppose AH could always have be cuter earlier on in the transfer market and not pizzed up the wall any money he had on Ilkeston and the Ladies but there you go.

BigFatPie
29-07-2017, 07:07 PM
It's utter cobblers to suggest that potentially getting over a quarter of our team from Forest is the same as from the likes of Villa or Leicester.

Our newish chairman has proved himself to be a pragmatist when it comes to voting for b teams against fans wishes and getting rid of the ladies team. Who's to say he wouldn't fancy formalising the arrangement with Forest, sharing their academy, maybe even sharing training facilities? If all you're concerned about is the bottom line, having two successful professional teams in Nottingham is unsustainable.

No one has ever suggested merging or sharing grounds with Leicester or Villa.

SmiffyPie
29-07-2017, 07:32 PM
It's utter cobblers to suggest that potentially getting over a quarter of our team from Forest is the same as from the likes of Villa or Leicester.

Our newish chairman has proved himself to be a pragmatist when it comes to voting for b teams against fans wishes and getting rid of the ladies team. Who's to say he wouldn't fancy formalising the arrangement with Forest, sharing their academy, maybe even sharing training facilities? If all you're concerned about is the bottom line, having two successful professional teams in Nottingham is unsustainable.

No one has ever suggested merging or sharing grounds with Leicester or Villa.Which in a roundabout way is what I am saying. AH isn't going to get us out of this division without loans, and that is the bottom line these days. As for formalising stuff? Well hopefully he is enough of a supporter (he must be because he loves the fawning when he mingles in his trackie) to use Florist (or anyone else) until we are in a position to not need them?

Trickytreesreds
29-07-2017, 07:41 PM
It should be regarded as a short term solution and why some posters are getting their knickers in a twist is beyond me. If it was three loans (say) from team a, b and c they wouldn't bat an eyelid. But from Florist?? Gasp, shock horror!!!! AH appears to have to go down the loan road to get anything like the quality we need, if from across the river why not?? Suppose AH could always have be cuter earlier on in the transfer market and not pizzed up the wall any money he had on Ilkeston and the Ladies but there you go.

I think you'll find, you would get the best out of loanees, as the travel time/distance/friends of the players is nothing. Getting loaned to PNE could be a real pain for a youngster.

SmiffyPie
29-07-2017, 07:55 PM
I think you'll find, you would get the best out of loanees, as the travel time/distance/friends of the players is nothing. Getting loaned to PNE could be a real pain for a youngster.I have absolutely no issue with loans from Florist (spit!!) to object because it is Florist is short sighted in the extreme.

Trickytreesreds
29-07-2017, 08:23 PM
I have absolutely no issue with loans from Florist (spit!!) to object because it is Florist is short sighted in the extreme.

Exactly. I'd accept loans from Derby, if I thought it improved us.

:O OMG, did I just say that?

i961pie
30-07-2017, 07:17 AM

No one has ever suggested merging or sharing grounds with Leicester or Villa.

It's a conspiracy I tell yer;D

pedrolane
30-07-2017, 08:17 AM
Trouble is it's a loanee that Mansfield sent back which to me says he's not that good! Hid dad his probably a friend of AH's...

ancientpie
30-07-2017, 08:28 AM
It's a conspiracy I tell yer;D

But it could be a conspiracy theory that comes true, over the years I have spoken to a few Notts fans who think that closer links with forest,ground sharing,feeder club & even some kind of merger would be a good thing for us, these fans are in a very small minority but so was AH when he ignored fans wishes re the Checka Trade thingy, he voted for it because it was "financially good" for the club, how many more things could he deem financially better?

Bohinen
30-07-2017, 08:50 AM
But it could be a conspiracy theory that comes true, over the years I have spoken to a few Notts fans who think that closer links with forest,ground sharing,feeder club & even some kind of merger would be a good thing for us, these fans are in a very small minority but so was AH when he ignored fans wishes re the Checka Trade thingy, he voted for it because it was "financially good" for the club, how many more things could he deem financially better?

I think the concern is justified, even though I would take these two on loan in preference to trialist deadwood.

I have read these pro-ground share posts on here. The people concerned even take the moral highground, like they're some kind of silent majority and people who want to keep our separate identities hold extreme views. Let's be clear, it's quite normal for Notts fans to hate Forest. It's what fans in two city clubs do. Hardy doesn't think like we do because he's not a long-term Notts fan.

sidders
30-07-2017, 09:52 AM
I think the concern is justified, even though I would take these two on loan in preference to trialist deadwood.

I have read these pro-ground share posts on here. The people concerned even take the moral highground, like they're some kind of silent majority and people who want to keep our separate identities hold extreme views. Let's be clear, it's quite normal for Notts fans to hate Forest. It's what fans in two city clubs do. Hardy doesn't think like we do because he's not a long-term Notts fan.

'Hate' is a mighty powerful word, Bo, and not one to use lightly. In fact I would agree with those who say it's a wasted emotion.
I have frequently said of late that I hate Trump and in this sense I mean that I strongly dislike the man.
But I wouldn't say that I hate Forest in the same way. My cousin with whom I'm quite close is a Forest fan so hate is out of the question but he knows where my loyalties lie between Notts and Forest.
It's truer to say that I don't care for Forest, one way or the other.

LaughingMagpie
30-07-2017, 10:12 AM
I hate Forest with a passion

keldsyke
30-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Just watching Teamtalk and they are talking about the benefits of Tyler Walker coming to Notts, and Lacovetti mentioned too, as well as the relationship being built between Notts and Forest.

Personally, when they pull on the Notts shirt and give 100% to the cause that's all that matters. They also mentioned Hull who have signed 3+ ? on loan from Chelsea.

Sid is right too, 'Hate' is a word that shouldn't be used lightly, ultimately you end up thinking like Vlad. After all there is more important things in life than football.

SmiffyPie
30-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Hate has no place in football, or in life in general. Dislike yes, but hate? Ridiculous.

irishpete
30-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Hate 'em with a feckin passion.Always have done,always will do,even if I have relations that support them.

ancientpie
30-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Just watching Teamtalk and they are talking about the benefits of Tyler Walker coming to Notts, and Lacovetti mentioned too, as well as the relationship being built between Notts and Forest.

Personally, when they pull on the Notts shirt and give 100% to the cause that's all that matters. They also mentioned Hull who have signed 3+ ? on loan from Chelsea.

Sid is right too, 'Hate' is a word that shouldn't be used lightly, ultimately you end up thinking like Vlad. After all there is more important things in life than football.

I believe I heard that in the last International break Chelsea had 55 players away on duty so this is slightly more understandable than loaning 3 youth team players from your closest neighbours & main rivals for fans imo. Re "hate" used in this context it is just like farting & saying you've just **** your pants, I have been known to say I "hate" forest but the truth is that I just dislike them &some of their fans immensely, some of my best mates & family are reds & I would probably be the first to donate if they were ever in serious trouble but this doesn't mean that I have to agree with AHs sudden burst of love for them & their fans.

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
30-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Yates would be a great addition..Forest player or not.

BanjoPie
30-07-2017, 02:38 PM
I hate Forest with a passionj

Why? - what have they done to you?

BanjoPie
30-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Hate has no place in football, or in life in general. Dislike yes, but hate? Ridiculous.

Quite right

Big Bob
30-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Hate 'em with a feckin passion.Always have done,always will do,even if I have relations that support them.

Get a life

irishpete
30-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Get a life

I've got a life thanks.

Redrag
30-07-2017, 04:03 PM

That's it. If Grant was allowed to play in a match for you against Forest then he would try his hardest to beat them. That's what bein on loan involves.

Freeman25
30-07-2017, 04:11 PM
I believe I heard that in the last International break Chelsea had 55 players away on duty so this is slightly more understandable than loaning 3 youth team players from your closest neighbours & main rivals for fans imo. Re "hate" used in this context it is just like farting & saying you've just **** your pants, I have been known to say I "hate" forest but the truth is that I just dislike them &some of their fans immensely, some of my best mates & family are reds & I would probably be the first to donate if they were ever in serious trouble but this doesn't mean that I have to agree with AHs sudden burst of love for them & their fans.

ChelseaTV/Youtube channel do a segment every week called Game of Loans where they give a brief update on their "loan army", there was a stat last season that a Chelsea loan player had scored a goal in every week of the season, not sure if it held up until the final day though. They do often have good links with certain teams and end up loaning multiple players there but you wouldn't consider any of them "rivals" except for maybe Fulham who have had Lucas Piazon on loan for a couple of seasons.

Trickytreesreds
30-07-2017, 04:36 PM
I've got a life thanks.

well that's it then, from the Oirish opinions lol

irishpete
30-07-2017, 04:47 PM
well that's it then, from the Oirish opinions lol

I'm not Irish,don't jump to conclusions.

Trickytreesreds
30-07-2017, 04:56 PM
I'm not Irish,don't jump to conclusions.

lol ok I'll change my log in to trickymalaysian

Elite_Pie
30-07-2017, 06:41 PM

I think a few people are getting a bit uptight over the word 'hate' when it's used in a football context. I suppose 'strongly dislike' would be a more accurate term, but would you seriously sing "If you strongly dislike Forest, stand up"? My hate for Forest is aimed at the club rather than the fanbase. Their fans are like ours, a mixture of good, bad and average. I know that Redrag apart, we attract the bottom of the barrel type of Forest poster on here, but I have family and friends who support them who I get on well with. My 'hate' is limited to loving it when they lose but that doesn't mean I get incandescent with rage if they win. Notts are my first priority, so if they can offer us a few players who make us a better team then I can easily live with that.

Trickytreesreds
30-07-2017, 08:45 PM
I think a few people are getting a bit uptight over the word 'hate' when it's used in a football context. I suppose 'strongly dislike' would be a more accurate term, but would you seriously sing "If you strongly dislike Forest, stand up"? My hate for Forest is aimed at the club rather than the fanbase. Their fans are like ours, a mixture of good, bad and average. I know that Redrag apart, we attract the bottom of the barrel type of Forest poster on here, but I have family and friends who support them who I get on well with. My 'hate' is limited to loving it when they lose but that doesn't mean I get incandescent with rage if they win. Notts are my first priority, so if they can offer us a few players who make us a better team then I can easily live with that.

I guess that jibe, is aimed at me.
However, my difference to you EP, is that I don't "hate" Notts. In fact I attend a few games a season paying at the gate.
I love football and would watch almost anyone.
So your bottom of the barrel jibe in here, is quite frankly laughable. I put myself way above you football wise. I watch none league as well as my own club.

keldsyke
30-07-2017, 08:51 PM
However, my difference to you EP, is that I don't "hate" Notts. In fact I attend a few games a season paying at the gate.
So your bottom of the barrel jibe in here, is quite frankly laughable. I put myself way above you football wise. I watch none league as well as my own club.

I think you are imagining things, can you delete your post before it turns into every other thread please?

Bohinen
30-07-2017, 09:23 PM
j

Why? - what have they done to you?

Stole my bobble hat when I was 7.

queenslandpie
30-07-2017, 09:40 PM

Thing is Tricky any Notts fan would say the same about any Florist fan in terms of the way eLite put his point across. One of my very best mates is a Florist fan. I always take the pee pee when they screw up but he never hears from me if they win. You want to stop taking everything so personal youth and if its that much of a problem there are dozens of other boards on the mad platform to use including your own!

irish_pie
30-07-2017, 09:55 PM
And KTD hits the nail firmly on the head.

The Forest academy is going from strength to strength. It has continued to pump out first team candidates now for the last 6 years consistently. It has even Become a money making machine. The Greeks have made it quite plain, that more cash will be invested into it.

Now I am quite happy for Notts to help us develop these players. You get a return on it as well.

I couldn't care less what clubs the players we have on loan are from as long as they improve our fortunes :)

i961pie
31-07-2017, 05:24 AM
[QUOTE=Elite_Pie;38603208] : I know that Redrag apart, we attract the bottom of the barrel type of Forest poster on here,

I think Tricky hit the nail on the head:P

Trickytreesreds
31-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Thing is Tricky any Notts fan would say the same about any Florist fan in terms of the way eLite put his point across. One of my very best mates is a Florist fan. I always take the pee pee when they screw up but he never hears from me if they win. You want to stop taking everything so personal youth and if its that much of a problem there are dozens of other boards on the mad platform to use including your own!

I'm not taking it personal Queeny, I am just pointing out that not all football fans are one dimensional.
I pay money down Notts from time to time, it does give me an opinion on them

I sometimes watch the Stags with a couple of work mates. I definitely watch non league, because my son plays it.

Elite_Pie
31-07-2017, 10:56 AM

I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves.

The point I was trying to make is that the term 'hate' can take on a very mild form when used in a football context. It's commonly heard throughout the game, Forest and Derby regularly use it against each other.

StagManStan
31-07-2017, 10:57 AM
Iacovetti signed for Mansfield last season and I saw him regularly. Murray bought him in when we were ravaged by injuries last season. He was weak on the ball and needed more strength and determination to his game. He seemed more bothered about representing an U21 Scotland side.

In Murray's last game, Iacovetti got sent off 5 minutes after coming on at half time. It was a stupid tackle, diving in studs up over the ball and we went on to lose 4-0. Murray got sacked after the game, and SE terminated his loan deal.

He is not very good, I wasnt impressed once by him, and he will be a back-up for your first team I should imagine. He will not make the grade at Forest, or even at L2 level when he is inevitably released by Forest.

Regarding other points mentioned on this page - I dont know anything about Yates. I would have massive concerns about your chairman A. getting involved with playing personnel, this should be down to Nolan, and B. cosying up to your supposed rivals.

I personally think loans are a sign of weakness in a squad unless they are emergency loans - the players dont care at the end of the day, they are not invested in your club.

DomdomPie
31-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Iacovetti signed for Mansfield last season and I saw him regularly. Murray bought him in when we were ravaged by injuries last season. He was weak on the ball and needed more strength and determination to his game. He seemed more bothered about representing an U21 Scotland side.

In Murray's last game, Iacovetti got sent off 5 minutes after coming on at half time. It was a stupid tackle, diving in studs up over the ball and we went on to lose 4-0. Murray got sacked after the game, and SE terminated his loan deal.

He is not very good, I wasnt impressed once by him, and he will be a back-up for your first team I should imagine. He will not make the grade at Forest, or even at L2 level when he is inevitably released by Forest.

Regarding other points mentioned on this page - I dont know anything about Yates. I would have massive concerns about your chairman A. getting involved with playing personnel, this should be down to Nolan, and B. cosying up to your supposed rivals.

I personally think loans are a sign of weakness in a squad unless they are emergency loans - the players dont care at the end of the day, they are not invested in your club.

Thanks. Looks like he's off to Forest Green Rovers now anyway.

Bridg4d_Pie_
31-07-2017, 01:07 PM

So speaks the voice of experience, now then Stan more to the point how many copies of your CEO's pathetic effort at becoming the next female singing sensation have you purchased. 😀😀😀😀😀😀

She should stick to keeping her finger on the Stags pulse, she may, just may make a slightly better job of it, l say that slightly tongue in cheek.😴😴😴😴😴😴

countygump
31-07-2017, 03:57 PM
http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/nottingham-forest-youngster-alex-iacovitti-257256

Frigiliana Pie 1
31-07-2017, 04:14 PM
We still need a 4th central defender. Pierce Bird possibly?

Bohinen
01-08-2017, 07:22 AM
Thanks. Looks like he's off to Forest Green Rovers now anyway.

Yeah, so much for the 'special relationship'.

Old_pie
01-08-2017, 07:33 AM
Yeah, so much for the 'special relationship'.

From Florest to Florest - he won't get confused when he comes back.