PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw and Moncur would welcome new contract talks

EastStandRed
28-07-2017, 04:06 PM
George Moncur and Tom Bradshaw would both be open to extending their current Barnsley deals in the coming season.

Both players have two years left on the contracts they penned last summer but the Reds are keen to tie down their star assets having just lost captain Marc Roberts who had one year remaining, while they are hoping to prevent Andy Yiadom departing as well. The Oakwell club have lost nearly all of the team that earned promotion from League One last year then achieved the club's best Championship season since 2000. Moncur is one of Barnsley's star attacking players after ending last season on top form.

The 23-year-old midfielder told the Chronicle: "If I am playing and it is all going great, which I am sure it will be because I enjoy my football here, then obviously I would be over the moon with signing a contract. This is the place I want to play football in the future. I have really enjoyed it here and the club means a lot to me.

"I know exactly what the manager (head coach Paul Heckingbottom) wants of me. The manager is great with me and I enjoy working under him every day. He's unbelievable for me and for the team."

Bradshaw, who turned 25 yesterday, is the only first team striker at the club and netted eight goals last season.
He would also be interested in extending his current deal.

He told the Chronicle: "I would be receptive to any contract talks. I am probably at the bottom of the list because I have two years left on my contract. But I love the club and the fans and the gaffer so it's something I would be open to."

Angus MacDonald and Adam Davies have extended their deals within the last year, with both due to run out at the same time as Moncur's and Bradshaw's in 2019.
Yiadom, Adam Hammill and Sessi D'Almeida will be among the players out of contract next summer.

Barnsley Chronicle

anstonred
28-07-2017, 04:23 PM
It'd be good to give them contract extensions- plus one for Hammill definitely

Romared
28-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Just my opinion ? Give Bradshaw n Moncur extentions , Hammil needs to have a decent season this time, poor last season , hope it improves for him , just now he's not good enuff for the Championship , get thi finger art Adam your well loved by the fans if not bye the Head Coach ? Wish you well , and the team in General ! Forza di Reds

POGGYWELL
28-07-2017, 05:44 PM
I think they both need to prove themselves first in this division then talk extensions!

pass_and_move
28-07-2017, 06:02 PM
I think they both need to prove themselves first in this division then talk extensions!

Agreed. Tha dunt gerrowt fo nowt darn yonder

EastStandRed
28-07-2017, 06:03 PM
I'd give them a contract extension, they'll still be worth a fee even if they don't make it here. I'm expecting big things of Moncur this season

POGGYWELL
28-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Moncur most improved player on the books but needs to sustain it.

Exiletyke
28-07-2017, 06:51 PM
It'd be good to give them contract extensions- plus one for Hammill definitely

If they can sign players who have not kicked a ball for us on three year contracts it shouldn't be that difficult to assess what these two are like who have been with us a year
Hammill yes now's the time to show faith in the lad & I'm sure he will repay that faith

Gwynn Thomas vs stum
29-07-2017, 08:32 AM
I'd extend both. Of course this is where the club can't do right for doing wrong. If they extend and they have a downturn in form then it's a waste of brass. If they don't extend and they progress like I hope and think they will then the club lose good players again for under market value.
Who'd run a football club eh?

POGGYWELL
29-07-2017, 09:02 AM
I'd extend both. Of course this is where the club can't do right for doing wrong. If they extend and they have a downturn in form then it's a waste of brass. If they don't extend and they progress like I hope and think they will then the club lose good players again for under market value.

Certainly NOT!

Exiletyke
29-07-2017, 09:10 AM

There are people at the club who will know their worth to the team [well at least I would hope so] & there are people at the club who should listen

Ponte_Steve24
29-07-2017, 09:26 AM
There are also players that would instigate contract negotiations as a means of brokering a move away if agreement couldn't be reached. Just because a player wants to talk contracts doesnt necessarily mean they will sign the contract offered ;D

Hodger1957
29-07-2017, 12:06 PM
There are also players that sign improved contracts and their performances tail off because they're in the comfort zone.
Every player will be different and will react differently.
I'd like to think my performance wouldn't drop over money if it was me. Who knows?

EastStandRed
29-07-2017, 12:13 PM
If they leave it til the end of the season then they've a year left and we're back to square one again