PDA

View Full Version : V Rotherham

tarnmad
28-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Should imagine we would start with the 11 that will start a Bristol except any mayor new signings next week COYRs

anstonred
28-07-2017, 09:29 PM
You'd expect so, though Liam has a strain so won't play

Romared
29-07-2017, 07:27 AM
Dunt pick up any moor injuries please ,

SBRed48
29-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Should imagine we would start with the 11 that will start a Bristol except any mayor new signings next week COYRs

Av erd Andy Burnham and Sadiq Khan have been fo trials at Oakwell.

(Sorry tarnmad. it wo set up fo sumdi to say it. ;D )

EastStandRed
29-07-2017, 12:09 PM
New kit revealed?

Acido
29-07-2017, 12:34 PM
Ive heard we will only make 14 changes today at half time, and seeing as its silly rumours time, Hecky is set to come on and play the last 9 seconds of the match. (if his legs are up to it). ;D

EastStandRed
29-07-2017, 01:02 PM

Acido
29-07-2017, 01:13 PM
Admittedly thats a decent looking squad. Im interested to see who gets the full 90 minutes, and who makes a real standout performance before next weeks big kick off.
Will Jackson make that place alongside MacDonald his own today because of Lindsay's absence, will it be like the play off final again with Isgrove and Hammill bombing down the wings, will Moncur and Mowatt dominate in that central midfield, and will Ugbo be the strike partner that Bradshaw is looking for.
So many questions and so little time!! :P

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Live commentary on the internet from Radio Sheffield according to the millersboard .

EastStandRed
29-07-2017, 02:06 PM

Acido
29-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Does it come with the free arm tattoo and turquoise boots ? :P
Im not sure we will see this 3rd shirt much this season, apart from away at Sunderland, Sheff United & Brentford who all wear red n white stripes at home.

Romared
29-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Socks pulled orr knees ( WTF is tharrabart ) dunt like that strip, is there really enny need for a 3rd strip ? You point out above Acido those teams play in Red n White stripes , would our green away strip honestly not be suitable ? More grief for parents , and a certain amount of greed from BFC

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Isgrove gone off injured , hopefully as a precaution , ffs .

Acido
29-07-2017, 03:00 PM
Socks pulled orr knees ( WTF is tharrabart ) dunt like that strip, is there really enny need for a 3rd strip ? You point out above Acido those teams play in Red n White stripes , would our green away strip honestly not be suitable ? More grief for parents , and a certain amount of greed from BFC

Ive always asked myself that as well Roma, when it comes to pre-season designing is there ever a need for a 3rd shirt/kit ?
I reckon the white n dark green would clash with red n white stripes, but thats why we should choose our 2nd kit more carefully. Anyway thats me done with nit picking on our kit again!! :D
Back to business, I hope Isgrove has only taken a slight knock and will be over it quickly.

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Penalty missed by Hammill !!!

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 03:07 PM
What really winds me up is when we change to our second kit when there's no clash of colours .

Acido
29-07-2017, 03:22 PM
What really winds me up is when we change to our second kit when there's no clash of colours .

We did that so many times a few seasons ago, wearing the yellow n black kit away at teams like Oldham, Chesterfield, Peterbrough, Notts County, & Milton Keynes. None of those teams wear red at home.

And today has got me thinking, without Hourihane & Winnall, who should be our new penalty taker this season ? (Hammill was lucky at Fleetwood remember when it went in off the bar!)

bankendbfc
29-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Hopefully this goal will spur us on a bit, because we have been poor.

bankendbfc
29-07-2017, 03:36 PM
suppose not then.

Acido
29-07-2017, 03:38 PM
I wasnt going to over react when we won at Rochdale midweek, and I wont over react either if we lose this today.
But this is it now the last week before the big kick off, and nobody needs telling this more than Hecky.
Whatever happens today I wonder if hes got any irons in the fire to pull out this coming week ?

Romared
29-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Relax wiv not dropped any points today ,
good fo Millers this tho !! I hope they come straight back up , and hope we will be playing them next season

Acido
29-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Relax wiv not dropped any points today, good fo Millers this tho !! I hope they come straight back up , and hope we will be playing them next season.

What, like this in a pre-season friendly after going down in Apr/May ? ;D
That is the positive Roma that a big win or a big loss today, still wouldnt have made a difference to the Bristol match.
And if Hecky has learned anything bad about his/our players today then that can be used as a 'positive' of some sorts.

Atac
29-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Well i hope they werent playing for a place in the starting line up!

Acido
29-07-2017, 05:08 PM
If we had won 4-0 instead of losing, what difference (if any) would that have made for the Bristol City & Ipswich league games ?
Ok this cant be ignored and by the sounds of it Hecky was really angry and honest about the players.
By the way, if the penalty went in and we led 0-1 at HT, who believes it might have been a different result altogether ?

Romared
29-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Hammil shunt be tekkin em , full ov his own hype and Ego , Fallen Hero accept it , Division one now at best , hang on tho keep him we cud be back theer next searson :mad:

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Hammil shunt be tekkin em , full ov his own hype and Ego , Fallen Hero accept it , Division one now at best , hang on tho keep him we cud be back theer next searson :mad:

Wasn't that convinced by his successful penalty in the shoot out at Fleetwood , high pressure kick don't get me wrong but it hit the underside of the cross bar and on another it stays out .

pass_and_move
29-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Who really gives a flying feck? I'm glad he missed today rather than next week

Acido
29-07-2017, 06:26 PM
Who really gives a flying feck? I'm glad he missed today rather than next week

I cant dismiss it that easily Pass, we have just got tw*tted 4-0 away at a team who apparently deserved it and wanted it much more than us. Yes I agree the result wont or at least shouldnt affect the proper Champship matches, but I wouldnt dismiss it simply as 'who gives a flying f*ck'.

And I raised the point earlier on in this thread, I also thought Hammill was lucky with his penalty winner that night at Fleetwood and I reckon we need another regular pen taker for the season. I certainly dont think hes past it though or not good enough Roma, if Hecky plays him fairly (which he certainly didnt do last season) then we should see better from him.

pass_and_move
29-07-2017, 06:33 PM
I cant dismiss it that easily Pass, we have just got tw*tted 4-0 away at a team who apparently deserved it and wanted it much more than us. Yes I agree the result wont or at least shouldnt affect the proper Champship matches, but I wouldnt dismiss it simply as 'who gives a flying f*ck'.

And I raised the point earlier on in this thread, I also thought Hammill was lucky with his penalty winner that night at Fleetwood and I reckon we need another regular pen taker for the season. I certainly dont think hes past it though or not good enough Roma, if Hecky plays him fairly (which he certainly didnt do last season) then we should see better from him.

Will this poxy kick abart ever be remembered? Jesus, it's a warm up. Chill.

Or is it an excuse to bitch?

I'd suggest the latter.

Adios

Exiletyke
29-07-2017, 06:36 PM

Did you go Roma ?

Romared
30-07-2017, 07:41 AM
Thankfully not , i listened to parts of it , a couple of mates that went said it was awful and embarrassing

SBRed48
30-07-2017, 08:22 AM
I think we are probably better waiting until end of transfer window and ten games of the season befooar mekkin any judgements abart aar will gerron this season.

DOOALI
30-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Correct SB and just see if PC quote was championship is where we belong comes to fruition or was it a load of BA++ACKS . There is a bigger sale of season tickets money in bank and at last a CEO down side Lg 1 attitude and paying wages that even some in Lg 1 are paying more.The clubs plan put millions into club but can we please have a championship way of thinking and definitely back Hecky he'll need it this season

tarnmad
30-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Cannot dismiss that performance yesterday not intrested in the result just thought we would show a bit more , clueless , Davies made 4 top drawer saves so could of been worse but it was heckis interview that worried me he isn't happy with the squad

Jules88
30-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Will this poxy kick abart ever be remembered? Jesus, it's a warm up. Chill.

Or is it an excuse to bitch?

I'd suggest the latter.

Adios

Hodger1957
30-07-2017, 11:54 AM

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 12:02 PM

This poxy kick a bout seems to have more meaning to the head coach don't you think ?

A brutally honest assessment from Hecky that exposes divisions at the club , a lack of ability within the group and the club welshing on it's promises .

Yeh of course it was a meaningless kick a bout .

Hodger1957
30-07-2017, 12:39 PM
This poxy kick a bout seems to have more meaning to the head coach don't you think ?

A brutally honest assessment from Hecky that exposes divisions at the club , a lack of ability within the group and the club welshing on it's promises .

Yeh of course it was a meaningless kick a bout .

This brings back memories of the 2 years I wasted doing sociology A level.
Reading pages of theories written by people second guessing what people think without actually knowing half the facts.
Perhaps it was a very frustrated and embarassed manager, wound up after being let down by his new players.
We missed a pen, they scored a pen, then they got 3 in 9 minutes. Perhaps the most annoying thing for him was the fact that we fell apart at the end instead of battling for a 1 or 2 nil defeat. Lack of character - we're not used to that.
No fanfare when we won away at Rochdale, no devastation when we got hammered at Rotherham.
Ipswich conceded 6 at Charlton, Sunderland lost 5-0 at home to Celtic, Donny lost 4-0 to Chesterfield.
Plenty of eyecatching, embarassing results if you look hard enough. All friendlies though.

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 01:10 PM
This brings back memories of the 2 years I wasted doing sociology A level.
Reading pages of theories written by people second guessing what people think without actually knowing half the facts.
Perhaps it was a very frustrated and embarassed manager, wound up after being let down by his new players.
We missed a pen, they scored a pen, then they got 3 in 9 minutes. Perhaps the most annoying thing for him was the fact that we fell apart at the end instead of battling for a 1 or 2 nil defeat. Lack of character - we're not used to that.
No fanfare when we won away at Rochdale, no devastation when we got hammered at Rotherham.
Ipswich conceded 6 at Charlton, Sunderland lost 5-0 at home to Celtic, Donny lost 4-0 to Chesterfield.
Plenty of eyecatching, embarassing results if you look hard enough. All friendlies though.

But I'm not second guessing anything , have you heard Hecky's interview ?

His words not mine , my comments are based on what he said not my interpretation of what I think he said .

Hodger1957
30-07-2017, 01:56 PM
All I'm saying is that it was a friendly. Very little would have been said if we'd won 4-0.
I wasn't there but I followed it on the internet. At half time 0-0 and we'd missed a pen.
After about 70 mins they scored a pen, no big deal. What followed wasn't acceptable, friendly or not.
I think that's what got to Hecky more than anything. Managers are programmed to give stock answers when Sky or BBC stick microphones in front of them after league games. When a local journalist does the same straight after a freindly he's going to get both barrels.
It would be interesting to compare what he said to Mick Mac or Simon Grayson.

Hodger1957
30-07-2017, 02:06 PM
“It was embarrassing,” said McCarthy. “It was a shambles, completely. It was a really disgraceful performance from us. That doesn’t reflect how I am in terms of how we played. There was a lack of aggression, lack of spirit, lack of cohesion.

Grayson said: "It is not ideal, it is an eye opener for everybody - just when you think you are going along in good fashion you suffer a result like that. "It is hugely disappointing. There has been a lot of factors over the past few weeks that have been quite good in terms of how we played but today we didn't do the basics right. "We didn't work hard enough as a team, too many bad decisions, too many errors, and obviously when you make those decisions against a really strong team like Celtic they will punish you. "You can't make those decisions in any level of football as you will get punished. It is a wake up call to all of us.

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 02:06 PM
All I'm saying is that it was a friendly. Very little would have been said if we'd won 4-0.
I wasn't there but I followed it on the internet. At half time 0-0 and we'd missed a pen.
After about 70 mins they scored a pen, no big deal. What followed wasn't acceptable, friendly or not.
I think that's what got to Hecky more than anything. Managers are programmed to give stock answers when Sky or BBC stick microphones in front of them after league games. When a local journalist does the same straight after a freindly he's going to get both barrels.
It would be interesting to compare what he said to Mick Mac or Simon Grayson.

Storm in a tea cup then , ok fair enough if that's how you see it .

Let's see what the next few weeks bring , somewhere along the line someone is going to have to back down in my opinion .

Let's hope Hassell and Disco are up to the task , if a bloke who wins Leicester the PL can't keep his job then neither can Hecky .

Hodger1957
30-07-2017, 02:19 PM
I'm not denying this could be a relegation struggle.
Friendly results are all over the place.
I've known us win all our friendlies and struggle, and lose all our friendlies and do well.
Players will come in this month. There was no Lindsay, Mallan or McGeeghan yeasterday.
I just don't think yesterday's result warrants us all lighting torches and marching down Grove Street.

EastStandRed
30-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Wednesdays multi million pound squad lose 0-2 to Rangers from the pub league . Wednesday got to the playoff finals the last 2 seasons so Rangers must be good enough for the Premier Leagues :D

Romared
30-07-2017, 04:25 PM
The Rangers s s were in their hundreds down donny rooard this morning at East Dene Club :mad::P

Acido
31-07-2017, 04:22 PM
What followed wasn't acceptable, friendly or not.

It sure as hell mattered to the manager as well, because he certainly didn't find it acceptable.
How many of us looked at the team sheet and thought hey, thats a decent team and we should win this match. And whether we lost or not I agree that shouldn't affect us for the upcoming league matches.
But if any of those players do as badly in the league thats it we are stuck with them, we're threadbare enough as it is with little or no back-up, and the pressure on all of them to get it right straight away is huge.

Why are we putting ourselves in this ridiculous position, have they more or less accepted relegation already and are thinking at least we will have one of the biggest budgets in Lg One ? etc. Ok I might be over exagerrating the gloom bit here, but this result and performance has brought more concern than excitement.

Hodger1957
31-07-2017, 07:46 PM
We haven't played a game yet, so I doubt very much that they've accepted relegation, and yes, you are over exaggerating the gloom.
We've been told they're hoping to bring in 4 players this week. Three of our new signings didn't feature at all, and Isgrove went off injured in the first half.
Anyone that's played any sport at any level knows that one off performances happen, good or bad.
Look at England against Iceland. England have put in some poor performances over the years but that was ridiculous. A Tykesmad XI could have beaten them.
Then a few years ago we smashed Germany away. Did that lead to anything?
Pro golfers shoot 62 one day, then 80 the next. Does that make them a bad player? No, they probably follow up with a 68. Normal service resumed.
If the performances don't improve we're in big trouble. My guess is that they will improve.
Some people seem to jump on every bad result to slag off the chairman or the board. Now we're questioning a perfectly good manager, and players that have yet to kick a ball in anger for us.
Let's at least wait for a defeat that means something.

Acido
31-07-2017, 08:01 PM
I said on this thread Hodger that was a good looking squad, and the only change I would have made was McCarthy to start instead of Fryers (Jackson on for the missing Lindsay couldn't be helped of course). And I was glad to see Hecky looking to go with a 4-4-2.
As for hoping to bring in and who if anybody we do bring in, they are two different things of course but Im hoping as well that we can manage to.
The other question now as well is when are we getting rid of Yids as hes made it clear more than enough now that he doesn't want to stay. Once again it makes me wonder if Hudds or Swansea have got anybody decent for us to do a cash & player deal with.