PDA

View Full Version : This time next week

Ayamonteblade
29-07-2017, 09:50 AM
.........I'll be in flippin Bournemouth............ballhacks as some would say on here!

Anybody else got some stupid uncancellable plans for the first day of the season?

GrayBlade
29-07-2017, 10:00 AM
Your about as good as my two lads.

One's away for Barnsley and the other's away for Barnsley and Derby. Blaming it on the school holidays silly beggars.

blades58
29-07-2017, 10:02 AM
.........I'll be in flippin Bournemouth............ballhacks as some would say on here!

Anybody else got some stupid uncancellable plans for the first day of the season?

Not first day, but miss one in August and one in Sept ffs

BlockD
29-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Missing Barnsley at home,as are 4 other season ticket holders in my family,grrrrr

Ayamonteblade
29-07-2017, 10:36 AM
why on earth are family and social do's organised on Saturdays???

BlockD
29-07-2017, 10:40 AM

Or weddings during the season,should be banned,only allowed June and July

rodcurrie
29-07-2017, 11:08 AM

Anybody else got some stupid uncancellable plans for the first day of the season?I'll be at Cliffe watchin our U/18's (10.30am ko) then goin to meet my youngest for a steak and a pint or two before goin to the finest place on't planet BDBL.By the way what tha gunna be flippin in Bournemouth,pancakes? UTCB

RavBlade
29-07-2017, 11:11 AM

Yes Aya I have. I have an appointment at Bramall Lane at 3:00pm that a simply CANNOT cancel for anything:P

GrayBlade
29-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Missing Barnsley at home,as are 4 other season ticket holders in my family,grrrrr

All five that I go with are missing the Bucket Bangers Blocky, Cat A* £34 a ticket where we sit, what a waste. I'll be Billy no-mates with a row to missen unless I take the Missis or invite a couple of mates to experience the Westfield experience.

rodcurrie
29-07-2017, 11:23 AM
All five that I go with are missing the Bucket Bangers Blocky, Cat A* £34 a ticket where we sit, what a waste. I'll be Billy no-mates with a row to missen unless I take the Missis or invite a couple of mates to experience the Westfield experience.Invite TT Gray,that's if he aint on holiday.it'd be good to get more BLADESmadders to BDBL. UTCB

Ayamonteblade
29-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Invite TT Gray,that's if he aint on holiday.UTCB

I'll come too! XDXD

rodcurrie
29-07-2017, 11:28 AM
I'll come too! XDXDOOOERRR,a bit pushy Mrs.:) Gray wants friends to sit wi him not someone who's gunna nag at him or be arguin wi TT all game.UTCB

Ayamonteblade
29-07-2017, 11:30 AM
OOOERRR,a bit pushy Mrs.:) Gray wants friends to sit wi him not someone who's gunna nag at him or be arguin wi TT all game.UTCB

only joking Rod - don't think Gray would enjoy the experience of sitting between us two :D

blades58
29-07-2017, 12:38 PM

Agreed Aya

One's a holiday booked months ago and the other a doo which when I found out, I had a barney with the better half and when I said but Utd's at home she replied "so what" I knew then I was on a loser so bottled it XD

tomytony
29-07-2017, 01:27 PM
At least I'd know my way there, not get lost like some.

As Rod correctly surmised, I will be unavailable, not due to holiday though but but family commitments.

I trust all Blades of all degres and rating enjoy the day, the season and the, hopefully, the results.

Unlike some I am eligible to attend all games and pay my full whack taxes in this country.

I'm not sure that applies right from the top down though.

rodcurrie
29-07-2017, 03:27 PM

As Rod correctly surmised, I will be unavailable, not due to holiday though but but family commitments.

I trust all Blades of all degres and rating enjoy the day, the season and the, hopefully, the results.

Unlike some I am eligible to attend all games and pay my full whack taxes in this country.

I'm not sure that applies right from the top down though.I sincerely hope it's a happy(no pun intended)family occasion TT owd lad.UTCB

tomytony
29-07-2017, 03:45 PM
I sincerely hope it's a happy(no pun intended)family occasion TT owd lad.UTCB

Cheers Rod.

Wife's cousins/ aunts etc get together in Boston ( Lincs) so , p8ssed women acting daft :)

GrayBlade
29-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Cheers Rod.

Wife's cousins/ aunts etc get together in Boston ( Lincs) so , p8ssed women acting daft :)

Love Boston, one of my favourite stopping off places for a breaky when I'm splodging in the Fens. Watching a few of the more recent police documentaries though, it would seem the Lincolnshire drawl has been replaced with something more akin to what you'd hear in Bucharest.

tomytony
29-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Love Boston, one of my favourite stopping off places for a breaky when I'm splodging in the Fens. Watching a few of the more recent police documentaries though, it would seem the Lincolnshire drawl has been replaced with something more akin to what you'd hear in Bucharest.

Doesn't Boston have the highest proportion of migrants in the country?

Nice little town centre with a couple of decent hostelries.

bulmer1889
29-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Don't understand people gettin married in the footy season even tho I did it myself,I thought I was bein clever havin it on a fri it was hastily arranged but not for the reason you're all thinkin,problem is I forgot about the anniversary which has caused countless problems over the yrs,needless to say I haven't missed a match !

Holden_C
29-07-2017, 06:16 PM

I'm not sure that applies right from the top down though.

If you mean Kev he moved back to the UK some time ago.

rodcurrie
29-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Don't understand people gettin married in the footy season even tho I did it myself,I thought I was bein clever havin it on a fri it was hastily arranged but not for the reason you're all thinkin,problem is I forgot about the anniversary which has caused countless problems over the yrs,needless to say I haven't missed a match !I missed a home game v Franchise whilst in't "pub league" niece's weddin,then the Chezzy away game when we lost 3-2 for another Niece's nuptials.My own Happy event took place 28th May a few decades ago,no game was missed.UTCB

tomytony
30-07-2017, 11:00 AM
If you mean Kev he moved back to the UK some time ago.

Cheers HC, wasn't aware.

Does that mean his funds are running out or he's got better accountants now?

rodcurrie
30-07-2017, 11:56 AM
If you mean Kev he moved back to the UK some time ago.Who else would owd TT be on abart Marvin?:) King Kev's after buildin the Olympic legacy park on the owd Don Valley site isn't he? He seems to be a very clever business man.UTCB

tomytony
30-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Who else would owd TT be on abart Marvin?:) King Kev's after buildin the Olympic legacy park on the owd Don Valley site isn't he? He seems to be a very clever business man.UTCB

Pity he messes about so much with his hobby.

If only his parents had bought him an Airfix kit when he was a kid. :)

Although he'd prabably have done a buddy Holly by now.

BlockD
30-07-2017, 01:00 PM
Pity he messes about so much with his hobby.

If only his parents had bought him an Airfix kit when he was a kid. :)

Although he'd prabably have done a buddy Holly by now.

Oh boy,what a thing to say TT

tomytony
30-07-2017, 01:18 PM
Oh boy,what a thing to say TT

That's why I put the smiley after the 'Airfix' bit.

I might not like how he runs SUFC but I do not wish him ill, he is a Blade after all. it was used as an example of his ineptitude.

But, if the 'Doctor' could fly............................................

rodcurrie
30-07-2017, 02:28 PM

I might not like how he runs SUFC but I do not wish him ill, he is a Blade after all. it was used as an example of his ineptitude.

But, if the 'Doctor' could fly............................................Doc tor Who? Orville used to sing "I wish i could fly but i can't":) I see Brentford beat Celta Viga 2-1 t'other day,i can't wait for Satdi cos as i've said previously on other threads,Brentford will give us a really good test.Bring it on.UTCB

BlockD
30-07-2017, 02:30 PM

But, if the 'Doctor' could fly............................................

That'll be the day TT......