PDA

View Full Version : Hecky's interview after the friendly

Kevthetyke
29-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Hecky is really not happy and it sounded like it was against the board. He was talking about players been sold and not replaced with the same quality and it would not surprise me if hecky goes for a better job where he can get what he wants and not expected to work miricales season after season. Lets just hope the board start listening to him and pay the going rate for championship players and not just bank the money from player transfers. Hecky said only williams is in the team for next week as nobody else knows how to tackle. I hope we are not going to be this seasons walkovers.

Romared
29-07-2017, 05:04 PM
The worrying thing ( are we worried ? ) is he or any of us know which is our best team , it's down to him and the backroom staff and board to get things sorted , I can't and hopefully won't see him gettin the Huff on ?, some may laugh or say I knew it wunt happen ! But the Fletcher deal was almost complete , that's disappointed him , any loan of that player was going to be Oakwell and no weer else , a failing ex Prem Club took that decision to buy outright ! West Ham were happy , they made money on the lad , Fletcher was Hecky's and the clubs trump card , that has gone now , so how far down the line of prospective player signings are we ? A week to go and things not yet in place ! I'm between optimistic and pessimistic just now , I'm sure a few more feel the same ! FORZA DI REDS

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 05:23 PM
The warning signs from Hecky are now clearly out in the open .

Looking at this logically his interview straight after a 4-0 thumping at league one opposition will still have him angry and frustrated , sometimes things are said in the heat of the moment .

However , he's most definitely the most grounded manager we've had in many a long year , doesn't get too upset at a defeat and most definitely doesn't go overboard after a good performance .

Hecky's reaction is far more worrying than today's result , if the manager believes the plan is flawed then you are very near to a parting of the ways .

Somebody better start listening upstairs and fairly sharpish .

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 05:37 PM
Link to Hecky's post game interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05b0qnr

tarnmad
29-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Davis was man of the match it could have been worse. The performance was poor from back to front

GUNTERYY36
29-07-2017, 05:59 PM
I've said from the start relegation is a near certainty. Maybe a few more points than Rotherham managed. So no point in the club throwing loads of money at a lost cause. Sit back and prepare to applaud the opposition week-in week-out.

Enjoy.

pass_and_move
29-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Don't you think this is overreacting? Hecky knows the score. Read into it what you will but I think he will get these young lads going. Might take while Christmas but we'll get there. If we don't then is it the end of the world? Club is in a healthy position so should relegation occur we're equipped to come back

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Don't you think this is overreacting? Hecky knows the score. Read into it what you will but I think he will get these young lads going. Might take while Christmas but we'll get there. If we don't then is it the end of the world? Club is in a healthy position so should relegation occur we're equipped to come back

It seems that Hecky was promised certain things , I take that to mean an increase in his budget .

He's told them in no uncertain terms the quality he needs to compete effectively in the championship .

It seems to have fallen on deaf ears .

Today's performance and result seem to confirm Hecky's fears and clearly it's left him angry and frustrated .

If the manager doesn't believe in the players he's brought to the club to be able to compete then that suggests a serious problem .

Nobody can manage effectively if they don't believe in what they are doing .

For Hecky read Mark Robins with possibly the same ending .

Exiletyke
29-07-2017, 08:41 PM
We can dance around it all day long but the simple facts are there for all to see
It's obvious that this club or at least its owner has settled for a healthy bank balance instead of investment on Championship quality players with one or two exceptions
Now what does that tell you & it's nothing to do with self sufficiency

Read Mr C's post on the lets look at this logically thread

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 09:01 PM
We can dance around it all day long but the simple facts are there for all to see
It's obvious that this club or at least its owner has settled for a healthy bank balance instead of investment on Championship quality players with one or two exceptions
Now what does that tell you & it's nothing to do with self sufficiency

Read Mr C's post on the lets look at this logically thread

I take the view that if Hecky breaks rank and speaks out then things down there are fractured .

This isn't Keef having one of his Brian Clough moments , this is a calm and collected bloke who keeps emotion out of his decision making , anyone else we've had down there in the recent past and I'd put it down to a poor moment , a lack of judgment , call it what you will .

Not Hecky , this ones been coming for a while and today he's let it known what the circumstances are down there and what he is expected to work with , it's broke the camel's back today's performance and result .

I'd suggest the club give Hecky the funds he thinks he needs , Hecky isn't Harry Redknapp , he knows the score , he's a lifelong red and ex player .

The alternative is a parting of the ways , it's coming if things are not straightened out and it doesn't have to be like this .

Give Hecky a chance ffs , he's put more money in the clubs bank account than anybody in the clubs history , including Danny Wilson .

EastStandRed
29-07-2017, 09:24 PM
That staring 11 apart from Jackson looked a decent side on paper and should have been good enough to beat Rotherham.Strange that Hecky hasn't got them well drilled yet !!

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 09:34 PM
That staring 11 apart from Jackson looked a decent side on paper and should have been good enough to beat Rotherham.Strange that Hecky hasn't got them well drilled yet !!

So in your view Hecky needs to take his share of the responsibility then and not dump this all on the club ?

Romared
29-07-2017, 09:47 PM
I take the view that if Hecky breaks rank and speaks out then things down there are fractured .

This isn't Keef having one of his Brian Clough moments , this is a calm and collected bloke who keeps emotion out of his decision making , anyone else we've had down there in the recent past and I'd put it down to a poor moment , a lack of judgment , call it what you will .

Not Hecky , this ones been coming for a while and today he's let it known what the circumstances are down there and what he is expected to work with , it's broke the camel's back today's performance and result .

I'd suggest the club give Hecky the funds he thinks he needs , Hecky isn't Harry Redknapp , he knows the score , he's a lifelong red and ex player .

The alternative is a parting of the ways , it's coming if things are not straightened out and it doesn't have to be like this .

Give Hecky a chance ffs , he's put more money in the clubs bank account than anybody in the clubs history , including Danny Wilson . I doubt that very much , The players who have been sold for good money were all Wilson signings , those that Johnson and Hecky had at their disposal were mainly Targets of Wilsons who were already to join at some point , that link has broken Hecky is on his own apparently , he has no history of making a decent signing ? Is he that good to throw millions his way ? Would you give him millions of your own money ? The bloke needs help and some experience alongside his own abilities as a coach he will be fine then , he seems to have been let down at the moment I agree , let's hope it all settles down quick , and after a predicted slow start we can move on up the Championship table

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 09:51 PM
I doubt that very much , The players who have been sold for good money were all Wilson signings , those that Johnson and Hecky had at their disposal were mainly Targets of Wilsons who were already to join at some point , that link has broken Hecky is on his own apparently , he has no history of making a decent signing ? Is he that good to throw millions his way ? Would you give him millions of your own money ? The bloke needs help and some experience alongside his own abilities as a coach he will be fine then , he seems to have been let down at the moment I agree , let's hope it all settles down quick , and after a predicted slow start we can move on up the Championship table

You couldn't have given away some of these players who went for big money when we sat mid table or bottom of league one .

Hecky turned these lads into million pound plus footballers , not Lee Johnson and certainly not Danny Wilson .

Swazer16
29-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Hecky warned months ago that he can't keep going to the well of lower league players and shine them into diamonds. He has done a marvellous job with the promotion batch and earned the club loads of money. The club now really need to listen to him and give him a chance, they will never find anyone else who has the trust of the fans, love of the club and is a true red who cares about BFC with all his heart.

I was surprised we got back to the Championship so quickly last time and if we do go down it could be years before we return, there is no guarantee. Let's do what we can before the transfer window closes to give ourselves a shot of remaining in this division and then build for the future. I am worried and obviously Hecky is worried, please, please listen to him he is not a miracle worker.

EastStandRed
29-07-2017, 09:58 PM
So in your view Hecky needs to take his share of the responsibility then and not dump this all on the club ?

I'm saying what I said . I'm surprised those players performed to such a poor level. I know we need more in but that starting 11 should have done better .
Moncur, Bradshaw, Mowatt all cost over £500k , most people seemed to want Hammill and Isgrove as our wingers . Yiadom is touted on here as been worth £3m-£5m , MacDonald has a season of Championship football behind him and Norwich were supposedly chasing him for £1m. Ugbo is meant to be the next big thing at Chelsea and we know Macca wanted him. Fryers who I wouldn't have signed has been around top top squads all his career.

On paper that side should be beating Rotherham.

It's only a friendly though so not to worry

EastStandRed
29-07-2017, 10:03 PM
What's concerning to me is why after all pre season are the players not prepared to get stuck in and tackle like Hecky wants them to !

Romared
29-07-2017, 10:08 PM
He didn't sign any who filled the clubs Bank account tho , that's my point , he hasent shown up well with the signings he's made so far , that was his team playing today wernt it ? And he is apparently annoyed , so he should be he signed and picked em ! So give him more millions to spend ? It's a Business not a spice shop , He is inexperienced and needs some help eg Wilson inexperienced Winstanley great experience alongside an up and coming coach ! Look what happened , he won't admit it but just lately the lad seems lost and stuck with his words , enthusiasm seems to be going too ,

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 11:09 PM
He didn't sign any who filled the clubs Bank account tho , that's my point , he hasent shown up well with the signings he's made so far , that was his team playing today wernt it ? And he is apparently annoyed , so he should be he signed and picked em ! So give him more millions to spend ? It's a Business not a spice shop , He is inexperienced and needs some help eg Wilson inexperienced Winstanley great experience alongside an up and coming coach ! Look what happened , he won't admit it but just lately the lad seems lost and stuck with his words , enthusiasm seems to be going too ,

Enthusiasm seems to be going

Personally I'd have walked away in the summer so it's saying something that he's still here .

Aye give him some money , we are in the championship after all , either back the guy or get rid if he's speaking his mind and he's opening a can of worms .

It's common knowledge what it's like to work under the present incumbents and it hasn't changed since the club was taken on .

EastStandRed
29-07-2017, 11:23 PM
You'd have re signed from managing your home town championship club ? Fair enough if a bigger offer came in but to pack a well paid job in would have been daft .

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 11:50 PM
You'd have re signed from managing your home town championship club ? Fair enough if a bigger offer came in but to pack a well paid job in would have been daft .

Yes I would ESR , if I didn't agree with the road the club was undertaking , promised things that never materialised and felt I was getting treat like a mug .

He's held in high esteem within the game and there is no way a bunch of suits would be jeopardizing my career who know feck all about building a team to be competitive in the championship .

He wouldn't be out of work long that's for sure .

pass_and_move
30-07-2017, 01:21 AM
I think the end is nigh for Hecky. There hasn't been any good vibes coming from him for quite a while now. There's a clear lack of communication between what he wants and the boardroom. That interview after Rotherham was Hecky laying his cards firmly on the table

EastStandRed
30-07-2017, 07:21 AM
Yes I would ESR , if I didn't agree with the road the club was undertaking , promised things that never materialised and felt I was getting treat like a mug .

He's held in high esteem within the game and there is no way a bunch of suits would be jeopardizing my career who know feck all about building a team to be competitive in the championship .

He wouldn't be out of work long that's for sure .

He knew the job description when he took the job on, its his first job as a coach and to walk away after a year wouldn't look great . There's no getting away from the fact that was a good side he picked yesterday and they weren't up for competing and getting stuck in for some reason. They all have Championship experience and have been around a bit now except the Chelsea lad so the main issue for me is why they weren't up for it .

bankendbfc
30-07-2017, 07:45 AM
just watched the interview, fairly suggestive eh? i think it was just one of them games where you got a new team, trying to play to the plan, a goal goes in and the plan falls apart, they are strangers at the minute. need game time, i agreed with practically every signing, not all of em will work but there is potential. for me its about how long it takes for em to get it, for the way we want to play to sink in proper. i am full of dread for Bristol away, and morecombe in the cup, because whoever we play whether its man city or the black bull, if they are a team and we arent, we will lose.

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 09:59 AM
He knew the job description when he took the job on, its his first job as a coach and to walk away after a year wouldn't look great . There's no getting away from the fact that was a good side he picked yesterday and they weren't up for competing and getting stuck in for some reason. They all have Championship experience and have been around a bit now except the Chelsea lad so the main issue for me is why they weren't up for it .

He was promised certain things and the club haven't delivered on their word .

This lads won us a promotion and a cup victory , he's led us to our highest placed finish in many a year .

You not think the club should be sticking to their word and meeting Hecky at least half way given what he's delivered ?

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 10:00 AM
I think the end is nigh for Hecky. There hasn't been any good vibes coming from him for quite a while now. There's a clear lack of communication between what he wants and the boardroom. That interview after Rotherham was Hecky laying his cards firmly on the table

Back me or sack me is how I read it mate .

tarnmad
30-07-2017, 11:19 AM
You're right animal , I don't think he's happy with the all new signings I can see an influx of loan signings this week to bolster our squad

EastStandRed
30-07-2017, 11:39 AM
He was promised certain things and the club haven't delivered on their word .

This lads won us a promotion and a cup victory , he's led us to our highest placed finish in many a year .

You not think the club should be sticking to their word and meeting Hecky at least half way given what he's delivered ?

Yes cause the club should stick to their word the best they can.

My point is about the team selected yesterday, it should be performing better than that shocking display and that's the big worry for me. The mess of a performance against a Lg1 club can't be blamed on a lack squad depth. Those players should be capable of better.

It's done with now, best not to dwell.

Romared
30-07-2017, 04:21 PM
I just hope things settle down now, things have been said amongst the playing Staff and Coach , i hope it doesn't go any further tho ? If Hecky is given more money ? I hope it's not other clubs leftovers we are now after ? Would rather see some of our own young players given a REAL chance , even if it means relegation :blue:

EastStandRed
30-07-2017, 04:30 PM
We've got a lot of the players who were targeted, players we've been chasing for a while. Some we're not going to get but that's to be expected, you don't win them all . Maybe some players highlighted were out of our wage bracket . McBurnie is being held up due to injuries at Swansea and a cash offer for Fletcher scuppered that loan deal . We're short up front and out wide and I think Hecky was inadvertently saying to the owner CEO we need to look elsewhere now as we still need players in .
But clubs are playing hardball and holding out til the last minute, it's always the case.

Acido
31-07-2017, 04:35 PM
You're right animal , I don't think he's happy with the all new signings I can see an influx of loan signings this week to bolster our squad

And then where does that leave us Tarn, having too many short term loanees who don't belong to us. And they will need replacing yet again when they all go back to their own clubs.
Fans are saying lets not worry because the 'window' is open till Aug 31st. Yes but the season proper starts on Aug 5th doesn't it, and its a disgrace that we're nowhere near to having the squad we wanted and needed in time for the big kick off. And its not exactly crept up on us has it, we knew this was going to happen all the way back in January and what has been done about it eh ?

Im sure Hecky isnt a quitter, but if he has had enough of this and decids to quit this week or next week etc. he'd have every reason to do so and I wouldn't blame him.

SBRed48
31-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Inspector SB "George" Gently has been looking at this and based on no evidence or source whatsoever he thinks the following--

Hecky sez to board he wants Omar Bogie at £900,000

French CEO sez to resta board we should buy this Sengalese lad at £900,000

Patrick sez we can't ev booath

French CEO lets Bogie deal go quiet and chases Sengalese lad

Hecky narked at people who think they know better than him abart which players the club should sign and lets it art in a thinly veiled manner.

This theory has every chance of being a loada b0ll0cks but tha nivva knows.
Cue "Tales of the Unexpected" music.

Romared
31-07-2017, 05:22 PM
;D

Ponte_Steve24
01-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Been away for weekend with a bus load of Rovrum fans at Ascot on a jolly. Needless to say I've some stick. Just listened to Animals audio link and Hecky cuts a pretty forlorn figure and has a reight swipe at the powers that be over quality of squad and transfers. I'm all for that but these players which he's intimated aren't good enough are players he's going to have to work with day in day out and they will have heard that interview too. Let's hope these pre pubescents as Animal likes to call them are out to prove a point as apposed to sulking which is pretty much the norm with all young'uns I come across these days.

Hecky will have also ruffled a few feathers at top too and as another poster said this back me or sack me attitude hasn't washed in past with Robins, Hill and co.

Doom n' gloom post I know but I think we'll see a new gaffer before we see a marquee signing.

EastStandRed
01-08-2017, 08:16 PM
Average age was 24 against Rotherham, not that young really this day and age