Results don't matter
But when we lose it's Armageddon

Fickle t...s

Romared
29-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Part tima :P tha reyt tho Jules

Acido
29-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Definitely, Im not going to kid myself that today will affect the season whether it be relegation, or safety, or even mid table again etc.
I feel sorry for our fans who do make the effort to goto these matches though, and have to put up with that.

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 05:26 PM
It's a runout
So you all say when we win...
Results don't matter
But when we lose it's Armageddon

Fickle t...s

You may want to catch up on how Hecky feels about today's ' runout ' Jules

Jules88
29-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Definitely, Im not going to kid myself that today will affect the season whether it be relegation, or safety, or even mid table again etc.
I feel sorry for our fans who do make the effort to goto these matches though, and have to put up with that.

I went Guisley, Rochdale, Cov and The team in Blue and white
I'm going Bristol
I'm happy we have a better chance than last season at staying up
If we'd lost at Rochdale
Would you have felt sorry for me

SBRed48
29-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Just a blip.

COYR

Exiletyke
29-07-2017, 06:42 PM

Acido
31-07-2017, 03:47 PM
I went Guisley, Rochdale, Cov and The team in Blue and white. I'm going Bristol. I'm happy we have a better chance than last season at staying up. If we'd lost at Rochdale Would you have felt sorry for me.

Are you sure about that Jules, at this moment you think we have a better chance of staying up this coming season, compared to this time last year ? :O
I wish I could be that confident and NO this isnt just a knee-jerk reaction to Satdys disappointment.

Jules88
31-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Yes mate. As I've said in a few threads before. I think we will start poorly end strong

Acido
31-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Yes mate. As I've said in a few threads before. I think we will start poorly end strong

Well maybe thats because I'm the eternal pessimist, just like Ponty Steve is (it must be a West Yorkshire thing lol).
I expected us to go straight back down so I took last season as being a pleasant surprise in the end, despite us falling down the table from Jan/Feb onwards.
This upcoming season though.. I really don't know what to think, other than last day miraculous escape acts!!

Jules88
31-07-2017, 05:10 PM
I'm not going to be looking downward. If it happens it happens. Im looking forward to Saturday. I've some Cr@p coming midweek and some more on Monday, but in between it's Bristol away! I can't wait for the season to start. Really...
Did we really think that all would be solved by 5th Aug?.... Nah!
I'd like two strikers in.... but if it don't happen, we are no worse off than last year. We got a young kid who knows where the bag is, not a sulky Bugga who could t be bothered. Rotherham is forgotten...Payne will get as many as Marley did. Sessi will do some tackling... (!when he's not suspended!! Lol).
Glass half full for me mate.
If they aren't good enough but go down trying I'll survive that. If they don't work hard and graft then I'll be the first ( After You, Ponte, Animal Renno Roma and a dozen others) to scream at them for the £ I'll have paid out.

And remember.... I'm W Yorks too

Romared
31-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Good lad ;D Arr need t see Docta anorl :P let's keep the faith eh , it's arr club , Forza di Reds :heart:

Acido
31-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Glass half full for me mate. If they aren't good enough but go down trying I'll survive that. If they don't work hard and graft then I'll be the first ( After You, Ponte, Animal Renno Roma and a dozen others) to scream at them for the £ I'll have paid out. And remember.... I'm W Yorks too

I keep forgetting that actually, but were you born there or did you move there from South Yorkshire ? ;)
I will always accept defeat if like you say, we've played well and given it a go, and met a better or even a luckier team on the day.
Remember one pre-season (about 5 or 6 years ago ?) was a 100% set of wins for us, and one of the wins was 0-5 away at Scunny!. However, that league season started badly and the pre-season was quickly forgotten about. So that argument does work both ways and I hope we're quickly forgetting most of this pre-season as well in the coming weeks.

Romared
31-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Wernt that Unda Davey ?

Barnsley Chop
31-07-2017, 07:24 PM
me too Jules ...a Wakefield lad but my mums family from Barnsley and not far down the A61. TBH always thought Barnsley should do more to get support from the Wakefield area with no FL team

Acido
31-07-2017, 08:14 PM
Im next door to you Chop in Normy, and theres loads of Leeds & so called ManUre fans in this area so being a Barnsley fan is quite rare around here.
Roma, I cant remember whether that pre season I mentioned was under Davey or Robins. But some of the scorers for us in the 0-5 win at Scunny were Rico Vaz Te & Craig Davies.

animallittle3
31-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Im next door to you Chop in Normy, and theres loads of Leeds & so called ManUre fans in this area so being a Barnsley fan is quite rare around here.
Roma, I cant remember whether that pre season I mentioned was under Davey or Robins. But some of the scorers for us in the 0-5 win at Scunny were Rico Vaz Te & Craig Davies.

Keef's team then .

Jules88
31-07-2017, 09:27 PM
I keep forgetting that actually, but were you born there or did you move there from South Yorkshire ? ;)

Nah, born Huddersfield side of Denby Dale