PDA

View Full Version : Let's look at this logically

pass_and_move
29-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Judging from Heckys post match interview I'd say it's obvious he's frustrated. We've obviously missed out on our targets judging by his words.

I still standby that pre season means feck all. Who will finish higher, Rotherham or Rochdale? We won one and lost the other. Make of that what you will.

What I would say is that it's not too late to sort this out. There's another month before the window closes.

Ok targets have been missed by the looks of it but let's not cave in, we have another month to recruit. The game certainly isn't up boys and girls.

Keep the faith

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 07:32 PM
If the manager doesn't believe in the players the budget allowed him to bring aren't good enough then where do you go from there .

You can't manage effectively with something you don't believe in .

Today it came to the surface , this ones bubbled away for quite a while by the sounds of it .

Hecky will have seen them everyday in training too let's not forget , he knows what it takes to cut it at this level and clearly he feels it's not going to be enough .

There may well be improvement within the group but that may take more time than a full championship season .

If a normally calm and grounded Hecky's broke rank and spoke out then I'm inclined to believe we have a major problem .

upthecolliers
29-07-2017, 07:52 PM
You just cant keep selling your best players for big bucks keeping the owners in clover, then trying to build a team to match the one just sold with peanuts, it's an impossibility. IF YOU PLAY IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP YOU PLAY WITH CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYERS AND PAY CHAMPIONSHIP WAGERS, the happy clappers will not agree but that's my opinion.

DOOALI
29-07-2017, 07:58 PM
It doesn't look or sound good doe's it just have to wait and see who joins us before deadline

Yak
29-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Hi
Here's my thoughts today from a miller who went.

We outfought you today in the second half and simply wanted it more.
I thought your keeper had a good game or it could have been worse.
Bradshaw seems to be lacking in confidence just looked like he didn't believe he'd score today.
When we played you last season you had more pace in the team and players who could hurt you at any minute.
No gloating from me it's just a friendly and today was our day.
It's gonna be a long hard season for us to finish in the top 10 there is a lot to be fixed.

I really hope you do well proper football club with proper fans although if I'm been honest you look a shadow of the side from last season and I think you may struggle but I hope you don't.

UTM

Romared
29-07-2017, 08:07 PM
And the reason targets have been missed ? Suprised we only pay Division one wages !! It's not rocket science is it ? Pay the going minimal rate and improve it if need be , we are laikin Championship football ageeunst all the odds and unfairness of clubs with Parachute payments , it's our best chance ever to give it a go , if e were to go down again and lose the 5/6 million , I really think it would be too hard to take , new fans would be lost , even the general opinion on football is not good , many and most can't relate to the stupid wages , altering of match times etc , it all becoming inconvenient to the normal footie fan , Sky , Police , Clubs , have no thought for the true fans ennymoor , it's unfortunately all about greed !!

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 08:13 PM
You just cant keep selling your best players for big bucks keeping the owners in clover, then trying to build a team to match the one just sold with peanuts, it's an impossibility. IF YOU PLAY IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP YOU PLAY WITH CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYERS AND PAY CHAMPIONSHIP WAGERS, the happy clappers will not agree but that's my opinion.

I said a few weeks ago colliers that we needed 4 stock championship players to fit around the untried young guys around .

The players moving on are part and parcel of what we are , the key thing is to look at this logically and realistically , is it really possible to build a new team to compete in today's championship in one summer window from lower level football , some as young as 18 years old and have yet to play a single league game ?

A massive ask to say the least .

animallittle3
29-07-2017, 08:28 PM
We've lost a lot of talented players these last 6 months but the one who equally hurt us was allowing Morsy to slip through our fingers .

That lad fitted in here and was a player who a new midfield could have been built around .

It's ok to look further down the road at sustaining the club financially but you also have to look at the present too .

Its difficult to manage but nobody expects the club to get it right one hundred per cent of the time but when a player comes here and adds value to the team and his fee is agreed then we really should be landing him , especially when his parent club is bottom of the league and we sit a point outside the play offs .

upthecolliers
29-07-2017, 08:58 PM
I said a few weeks ago colliers that we needed 4 stock championship players to fit around the untried young guys around .

The players moving on are part and parcel of what we are , the key thing is to look at this logically and realistically , is it really possible to build a new team to compete in today's championship in one summer window from lower level football , some as young as 18 years old and have yet to play a single league game ?

A massive ask to say the least .

Can't argue with that statement mi owd.

bankendbfc
29-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Shadow of the team from last season, anything could happen we were poor to say the least. we could ship 5 at Bristol, theres some players like but they can't play as a team yet, could be 15 games in before they get goin, we cannot afford that, Macca's lot shipped 6 today, our game were closer by comparison, 4th bottom i pray.

Hodger1957
30-07-2017, 12:43 PM
We've lost a lot of talented players these last 6 months but the one who equally hurt us was allowing Morsy to slip through our fingers .

That lad fitted in here and was a player who a new midfield could have been built around .

It's ok to look further down the road at sustaining the club financially but you also have to look at the present too .

Its difficult to manage but nobody expects the club to get it right one hundred per cent of the time but when a player comes here and adds value to the team and his fee is agreed then we really should be landing him , especially when his parent club is bottom of the league and we sit a point outside the play offs .

So we could smash our wages structure for Morsy and risk upsetting the squad, but not for Fletcher.
Of course what we're missing right now is another midfielder?

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 12:57 PM
So we could smash our wages structure for Morsy and risk upsetting the squad, but not for Fletcher.
Of course what we're missing right now is another midfielder?

Morsy is a proven championship player , Fletcher is a young buck whose yet prove his worth above league one .

There was a need for his signature in january but that has now passed as we recruited others instead .