PDA

View Full Version : Hope

Londonbaggie1968
29-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Its been such a long time since I posted and that has a lot to do with the frustration of the revamped system. I have tried and lost previous compositions, but its wonderful to see so many familiar posters; Mickd1961 always spreads a ray a sunshine and I sincerely mean that as an ex Stourbridge man.

So, my take on where we are is not good. I fear for us this season and still can't work out why that enormous war chest of ours has never been opened, even by our new Chinese owners. Megson coming ack is unexpected, but with him and Pulis at the helm, we are in for a miserable style of entertainment.

I have been Dubai based since 2013 and 10 years before that in London. My first game was in April 1968 when I has the please of seeing us beat the great Manure 6-3 and we all know what followed 10 years later under Atkinson.

I'm going for a 14th place finish this season and tell me where you strand?

Godbess all and stay safe.

Dubbag
29-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Nice to hear form you again LB....hope you are keeping well. Considering it is the close season...it has been lively enough around here.....
I am remaining hopeful that we can get a few in before the end of August...but then they most likely wont be match fit till the new year at best. Looking a bit thread bare not including any injuries....which we now seem to be picking up already.. Part of having an aging squad I guess.... The bright spot is it may lead to some of the younger players been given their chance early....
Stay well....

mickd1961
29-07-2017, 09:19 PM
Its been such a long time since I posted and that has a lot to do with the frustration of the revamped system. I have tried and lost previous compositions, but its wonderful to see so many familiar posters; Mickd1961 always spreads a ray a sunshine and I sincerely mean that as an ex Stourbridge man.

So, my take on where we are is not good. I fear for us this season and still can't work out why that enormous war chest of ours has never been opened, even by our new Chinese owners. Megson coming ack is unexpected, but with him and Pulis at the helm, we are in for a miserable style of entertainment.

I have been Dubai based since 2013 and 10 years before that in London. My first game was in April 1968 when I has the please of seeing us beat the great Manure 6-3 and we all know what followed 10 years later under Atkinson.

I'm going for a 14th place finish this season and tell me where you strand?

Godbess all and stay safe.

One place above Huddersfield if we are lucky but I can't see anything other than a bottom 4 finish LB.

I never realised you'd lived in Stourbridge LB....what area?

The town and areas like Lye are now absolute s h I t holes.....you're not missing much!

WBA1955
30-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Great'home'debut'for'you'London,and'those'days'wer e'great,but'the'game'has'changed'and'even'the'grea t'Man'United'with'their'massive'
fortune'no'longer'entertain'like'they'once'did.Loo k'at'their'game'v'City'the'other'month
Football'today'is'all'about'not'losing'more'than'w inning

holmleighchris
30-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Great'home'debut'for'you'London,and'those'days'wer e'great,but'the'game'has'changed'and'even'the'grea t'Man'United'with'their'massive'
fortune'no'longer'entertain'like'they'once'did.Loo k'at'their'game'v'City'the'other'month
Football'today'is'all'about'not'losing'more'than'w inning

....and thus has become a drab, drear affair for many.

kettering_baggie
30-07-2017, 10:45 PM
The title of the thread, 'Hope', I thought for a fleeting moment that we may have found a new 'Bobby'! Now that's the type of player we need......

Albionic68
31-07-2017, 12:49 AM
Can he play left back ;D ;D ;D ?

Baggies_Boy_Tony
31-07-2017, 05:21 AM
:star: