PDA

View Full Version : Rovers struggle

oldcolner
30-07-2017, 07:05 AM
Lose 3-1 to Carlisle

Mulgrew and Lenihan out injured

LET says
It was a lacklustre display at times from Rovers, with the hosts certainly deserving their victory.

While Rovers had plenty of the ball, it wasn’t until the introductions of Feeney and Whittingham in which they looked like finding a way back in to the match in the second period.

But it was their frailties at the back which cost them, with Carlisle finding it all too easy to score their third through Miller.

Rovers: Raya, Caddis, Nyambe, Ward, Williams, Bennett, Smallwood, Evans (Whittingham 64), Dack, Samuel, Graham (Feeney, 64)

Subs: Fisher, Platt, Doyle, Tomlinson, Rankin-Costello, Nuttall

Altobelli
30-07-2017, 10:27 AM
No disgrace losing at Carlisle as they can be a hard team to break down at times when they are in the mood, but as you say if it was a lacklustre display from Wovers its probably going to be a bity season.

Also noticed Sunderland getting hammered at home 5-0 to Celtic, also plenty of trouble with supporters which I suppose we can expect from those north of the border.

In Dyche We Trust
30-07-2017, 10:38 AM
lets hope they start as they mean to go on- League 2 awaits-

sinkov
30-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Southend here we come eh, you'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Lose 3-1 to Carlisle

Mulgrew and Lenihan out injured

LET says
It was a lacklustre display at times from Rovers, with the hosts certainly deserving their victory.

While Rovers had plenty of the ball, it wasn’t until the introductions of Feeney and Whittingham in which they looked like finding a way back in to the match in the second period.

But it was their frailties at the back which cost them, with Carlisle finding it all too easy to score their third through Miller.

Rovers: Raya, Caddis, Nyambe, Ward, Williams, Bennett, Smallwood, Evans (Whittingham 64), Dack, Samuel, Graham (Feeney, 64)

Subs: Fisher, Platt, Doyle, Tomlinson, Rankin-Costello, Nuttall

Blinking heck, that Rovers team is jam packed with proper household names! :O

oldcolner
30-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Blinking heck, that Rovers team is jam packed with proper household names! :O

My thoughts exactly. BT Guess the wage cap?

The Bedlington Terrier
30-07-2017, 01:21 PM
£6000 per week? :?

Turfmoorspirit
30-07-2017, 03:07 PM
No disgrace losing at Carlisle as they can be a hard team to break down at times when they are in the mood, but as you say if it was a lacklustre display from Wovers its probably going to be a bity season.

Also noticed Sunderland getting hammered at home 5-0 to Celtic, also plenty of trouble with supporters which I suppose we can expect from those north of the border. Rovers might struggle this season ,with a bit of luck. As for cetic fans ,scum of the earth.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USzDBW8pdSo

oldcolner
30-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Rovers might struggle this season ,with a bit of luck. As for cetic fans ,scum of the earth.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USzDBW8pdSo
They don't do themselves any favours.

Will fine follow or a ban?

Turfmoorspirit
30-07-2017, 04:28 PM
They don't do themselves any favours.

Will fine follow or a ban? Probably not ! They will probably claim that it was a political issue rather than a football issue or another lame excuse.

oldcolner
30-07-2017, 04:58 PM

I don't know, but they managed to halve the wage bill from £53m in 2011 to £25m in 2016 :O

Turfmoorspirit
30-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Seems like they are going for it . Linked to Connor Ripley...

oldcolner
01-08-2017, 09:25 AM
I don't know, but they managed to halve the wage bill from £53m in 2011 to £25m in 2016 :O

Accountants in suggesting voluntary redundancies

Its accounts published in February showed the club had cut its wage bill from £26.4 million in 2015 to £22.3million in 2016.

But it still employed 98 people in its commercial, sponsorship, media, merchandising, administration, building, ground and pitch maintenance departments.

Rovers also had 81 senior footballers and management employed and 68 academy youngsters and coaching staff.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/15444916._I_fear_those_affected_will_be_the_little _people_at_the_club____Blackburn_Rovers_set_to_axe _staff/?ref=mrb&lp=1

sinkov
01-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Just been chatting to my neighbour, a keen Blackburn fan. He went up to Carlisle, he said they were absolute ****e, played off the park. He's a good lad, I don't take the piss, but he was not hopeful about this season to put it mildly. Hee Hee !!

NZClaret
01-08-2017, 04:46 PM

Is that for the whole team?

Turfmoorspirit
01-08-2017, 05:49 PM
Phuck em ! A few years festering in lg2 would be a godsend.. I sh!t em ! The arrogant phucks have lorded it over us for 30 + years. We only hate man utd , staying down for ever banners,etc.. Long live the venkys.