PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Perez anyone.

sherwoodmag
30-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Reported in some newspapers that Newcastle want to sign the Arsenal striker even though the Spaniard was set to rejoin his former club Deportevo La Coruna.I can't remember seeing him play as he has not been a regular for the gooners.

ghostrider
30-07-2017, 07:37 AM
We're going to be in danger of becoming a Spanish team if we're not careful. :D

sherwoodmag
30-07-2017, 07:39 AM
Trinitoons post was not up when I started mine.

Jammy89
30-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Has to be said i can't remember seeing what he looks like when he played.

Trin said he was 1 in 3/1 in 4 striker. . .

This feels more like his agent trying to flush out Deportiva and get them to commit.

sherwoodmag
30-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Kieran Gibbs is mentioned on Football Whispers as well,it would be great to get both.
Probably wishful thinking on my part.

MidsMagpie
30-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Gibbs would be great as Dummett would struggle in the premier league, as for perez he would be a good buy when he got a game at arsenal he did well but of course it will depend on the asking price.

HughieG
30-07-2017, 12:04 PM
Gibbs I'm all for. Perez I don't know enough about, seems like a decent option up front. Sure, I'll take 'em.

ghostrider
30-07-2017, 12:04 PM
Why will Dummett struggle in the premier league?
Dummett doesn't get the credit he deserves.
Yeah he's not 50 million plus left back but he's effective enough for the time being, seeing as we aren't actually intent on trying to get in the champions league at the first attempt.

And yeah, we can do better. And yeah, we maybe should be a bit more ambitious, but one thing people should not forget and that is, Dummett hasn't done a great deal wrong as it stands, in serious action... and also, he's a full on colours to the mast type player for this club.
Colours to the mast doesn't qualify a player to become a top player but it does set a precedent for all others to follow in terms of showing allegiance to the club whilst employed by it.

We could do with better quality in every single position if we want to argue semantics.
If it's not Dummett, it'll be someone else soon enough on the end of a good old ribbing.

I curse Dummett for not modelling himself on Roberto Carlos or the likes.

HughieG
30-07-2017, 12:09 PM
No, I agree with you Ghost. There's always a scapegoat to be found in any side on behalf of the fans. Dummett's been it for a while now.

Fact is he had a fine season in the fizzy and will be a decent option because he has PL experience playing for us and some - quite basic - skills which will come in handy I'm sure. Rafa seems to rate him, and so will I so long as he does his job.

sherwoodmag
30-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Dummets defensive stats for tackling and interceptions are actually better than Gibbs,going forward and assists he is behind Gibbs.

waalsendmick
30-07-2017, 12:52 PM
the reason Rafa rates Dummett so highly is because he does his job, the job he is asked to do, we use a right sided attacking full back, so the centre halves move over and so does dummet, leaving us effectively playing with a back 3.

what let's this down is our lack of a ball winner protecting the defence.

Dummett, despite what people think, is not our weakest link.

we need a warrior in front of them. colback (not good enough) and Hayden (good player but not a warrior) are not the man for that job.

BenArfa10
30-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Lucas Perez had 1 good season at Depor and did nowt at Arsenal. For 17 million we should forget about doing business. 10 million maybe

HughieG
30-07-2017, 01:17 PM
In this market, I'd pay 17 for him.

ghostrider
30-07-2017, 01:24 PM
No, I agree with you Ghost. There's always a scapegoat to be found in any side on behalf of the fans. Dummett's been it for a while now.

Fact is he had a fine season in the fizzy and will be a decent option because he has PL experience playing for us and some - quite basic - skills which will come in handy I'm sure. Rafa seems to rate him, and so will I so long as he does his job.Aye, he's definitely basic.
He's old fashioned type.
The problem he has (I suppose) is that in the modern game, fans tend to expect a bit of skill to go with tenacity and pace.
Dummett has a reasonable amount of pace and plenty of tenacity but (like you say) no real technical ability to go with a foraging run into the opposition half.

However, I'd rather have a mix up in my sweety bag.

pboromag
30-07-2017, 01:36 PM

Fact is he had a fine season in the fizzy and will be a decent option because he has PL experience playing for us and some - quite basic - skills which will come in handy I'm sure. Rafa seems to rate him, and so will I so long as he does his job.

rafa has no choice

id take gibson in a heart beat over dummet
id take jonas back over him as well

cant nbelieve we are letting hairdara going

only good thing with that is we might have someone lined up

pboromag
30-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Dummets defensive stats for tackling and interceptions are actually better than Gibbs,going forward and assists he is behind Gibbs.

which is why you should never believe stats

how can stats for two different players playing in two different teams in different leagues be compared

they cant

its like comparing my lad and dummet

waalsendmick
31-07-2017, 02:47 PM
The gunners are asking for £13.4m for Perez.

seems very reasonable in my opinion.

ashingtoon62
31-07-2017, 03:16 PM
A one in three striker,I'll have him then, and can you imagine when the commentator shouts "now its Perez" there might actually be a goal...B)

waalsendmick
31-07-2017, 03:19 PM
in today's market, £13.4m is very reasonable indeed

MidsMagpie
31-07-2017, 05:53 PM
If we cant find 13.4M for him we are in trouble

HughieG
31-07-2017, 05:57 PM
If we cant find 13.4M for him we are in trouble

Very good price for someone who just needs a bit of confidence and proper game time. I fear his age might not warrant the asking price in Ashley's mind though.

Jammy89
31-07-2017, 07:29 PM
in today's market, £13.4m is very reasonable indeed

Agreed.

However he may not want to move up north, that's my big worry with him. No reason for it just a horrible gut feeling.