PDA

View Full Version : My take on the possible problem

renno
30-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Not posted for a while. Yesterday was the first preseason game I've been able to get to

The biggest thing I noticed is we seem to have lost our identity - this was evaporating at the back end of last season as well. We no longer seem to get the ball into the channels quickly , press teams high up the field and run ourselves into the ground. You can do this without having an abundance of championship quality players. We seem to have resorted to the modern method of overplaying the ball and frankly it doesn't suit us. Also, if you don't have the quality for it you will get punished even more at this level.

PH is the brightest manager we've had in many a year but I think we need to do less of the tippy tippy stuff as we'll be having 70% possession and still losing!

I think the score line flattered Rotherham to a degree - it highlighted our lack of backbone if nothing else.

The post match interview highlighted PHs frustrations but I think it was also some much needed mind game buck your ideas up call to players. Had we won 2 or 3 nil we would have gone into next weeks game as fans thinking everything was hunky dory. The result could be a blessing in disguise.

EastStandRed
30-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Agree Renno

6ozDave
30-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Good post pal.
Abysmal result yesterday. Arses need kicking- in the dressing room AND boardroom before the season proper starts.
At the end of the day it's a preseason game. Let's put it in perspective.

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Good post pal.
Abysmal result yesterday. Arses need kicking- in the dressing room AND boardroom before the season proper starts.
At the end of the day it's a preseason game. Let's put it in perspective.

You can play this down all you want but the fact remains we don't have a happy camp .

It goes deeper than kicking ass .

renno
30-07-2017, 01:43 PM
PH has to be careful with heat of the moment comments. This can be destructive to the contracted players and create fractures in players, fans and boardroom. This is the first issue PH has had in managerial career. If he gets us galvanised and firing then his stock value is through the roof. It doesn't help in my opinion though if we don't have a set way of playing i.e. 442 pressing high and getting plenty of crosses in.

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 02:15 PM
PH has to be careful with heat of the moment comments. This can be destructive to the contracted players and create fractures in players, fans and boardroom. This is the first issue PH has had in managerial career. If he gets us galvanised and firing then his stock value is through the roof. It doesn't help in my opinion though if we don't have a set way of playing i.e. 442 pressing high and getting plenty of crosses in.

Aye god forbid the club don't take any blame for how Hecky feels right now .

renno
30-07-2017, 02:45 PM
The clue is in the job description!

tarnmad
30-07-2017, 05:08 PM
I wonder if hecki new yesterday about yiadom and that sent him over the edge

DOOALI
30-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Has it got to the stage where we are a 1 man team now ? there's no chance of him signing a improved contact get him selt

pass_and_move
30-07-2017, 06:17 PM
Has it got to the stage where we are a 1 man team now ? there's no chance of him signing a improved contact get him selt

Exactly! Timing isn't great but let's get it over with