PDA

View Full Version : Our young players

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
30-07-2017, 09:06 AM
BPF Coyle Denton Phillips Vieira

These guys have all made their first team debuts however the first 3 have only played a handful of games, and in midfield the other 2 will have a massive battle on their hands to get first team games this season, so would it be best to send all 5 out on loan? Coyle already is, would it benefit them to get a full season of first team football?

lasher
30-07-2017, 09:30 AM
BPF was sent back after 4 days on loan with Oldham. That's very irregular but not good. Definitely should loan out him and Denton but it's only possible if someone actually wants them.
I see Phillips as back up to CM but he seems quite like by TC so we will see.
Vieira should stay for definite for me and keep up the good work and performances and development with us.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
30-07-2017, 09:54 AM
BPF was sent back coz we sold Silvestri, but I still think we could loan him out with a 24 hour return clause

The Coyle loan makes sense

Denton is in the same boat as coyle and should be loaned out

Phillips and Vieira have got to contend against Okane Anita bridcutt klich saiz and hernandez, that's a lot of players and experience they're up against

Don't get me wrong, I rate both!, but will they get gamete? How is TC gonna keep all them CMs happy this season? I'm not sure it's possible

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
30-07-2017, 09:55 AM
That's supposed to say gametime and I agree, other clubs have to be willing to play them if they do loan them

joellufcprice
30-07-2017, 03:22 PM
BPF was sent back coz we sold Silvestri, but I still think we could loan him out with a 24 hour return clause

The Coyle loan makes sense

Denton is in the same boat as coyle and should be loaned out

Phillips and Vieira have got to contend against Okane Anita bridcutt klich saiz and hernandez, that's a lot of players and experience they're up against

Don't get me wrong, I rate both!, but will they get gamete? How is TC gonna keep all them CMs happy this season? I'm not sure it's possible

BPF was sent back because they didn't want him

Billyni
30-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Isnt there a reason why we're buying in young players?

lasher
30-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Clive regarding the midfielders you listed earlier. You're correct but they do have different roles and some not in central midfield.
Although Anita was originally a midfielder and may well play there occasionally I feel he is going to be preferred at right back in competition with Ayling.
Hernandez and Saiz are attacking midfielders and will compete for a place in behind Woody.
Ideally we would have 4 central midfielders to use throughout the season and we have 5 so I'm OK with that.
Ultimately I think TC will hope to play Klich. The others will fight for their places. Personally I see Phillips as back up but it's how TC sees it.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
31-07-2017, 12:39 AM
My worry is we are getting too many foreigners bought into our academy, we are known for bringing through English talent, I'd like it to stay that way, but we are clearly in a new era now, not sure how quick I'll get used to it

Tichi1
31-07-2017, 08:47 AM
Starting to sound like WTF11 Clive!

All these johnny foreigners - Should only have young British players yada yada yada...

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
31-07-2017, 01:07 PM
I'm simply saying that I hope we still keep our name of having one of the best academies in the country

WTF11
31-07-2017, 01:40 PM
I'm simply saying that I hope we still keep our name of having one of the best academies in the country

We will, only it will be in Spain and called Cultural Leonesa😉