PDA

View Full Version : If Andy Yiadom Were To Be Sold This Week

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Day's before the season starts and a clear division on policy within the club already out in the open .

Could be a line in the sand moment , Yiadom leaves and the suits send out a message that it's business as usual and we are in charge .

Or

There's a significant contract extension on the table that moves away from the plan and enables Hecky to keep his man .

In fact Yiadom doesn't have to sign it in order for Hecky to be at ease with the situation , all Hecky needs to know is that the club have given it their best effort and nothing would keep him here in anycase .

Could be one hell of a week coming up on Grove Street .

Romared
30-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Who exactly are these suits ? I'm not being funny here , but who is Hecky referring to when he says ( they think they no better ) or similar wording , is it BarryTaylor , GG , or Maurice Watkins all 3 or is it Mr Cryne having the final word ? There appears to be plenty of unrest just now ! Would a clear the air board meeting resolve anything , Patrick has shown in the past he won't tolerate employees who go against what he wants ,
I fear someone will feel PCs backlash soon

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Who exactly are these suits ? I'm not being funny here , but who is Hecky referring to when he says ( they think they no better ) or similar wording , is it BarryTaylor , GG , or Maurice Watkins all 3 or is it Mr Cryne having the final word ? There appears to be plenty of unrest just now ! Would a clear the air board meeting resolve anything , Patrick has shown in the past he won't tolerate employees who go against what he wants ,
I fear someone will feel PCs backlash soon

Indeed , how much input is PC having these days , understandably it's unlikely to be hands on .

If I were in his position I'd want to be spending my final days with my family and trying to keep the stress levels to a minimum .

That said we do have a CEO , a Chairman who takes a salary and a director .

The captain of the ship may not be at the wheel but surely the crew are capable of steering the ship without him .

If not , why not ?

EastStandRed
30-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Indeed , how much input is PC having these days , understandably it's unlikely to be hands on .

If I were in his position I'd want to be spending my final days with my family and trying to keep the stress levels to a minimum .

That said we do have a CEO , a Chairman who takes a salary and a director .

The captain of the ship may not be at the wheel but surely the crew are capable of steering the ship without him .

If not , why not ?

Does the the Chairman take a salary?

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 01:37 PM

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that he did , I could be wrong of course but even so the job carries a responsibility and the aim when he was appointed was to aid PC in running the club .

Surely someone with no emotional attachment to the club wouldn't be doing the work for nothing .

Exiletyke
30-07-2017, 03:20 PM

£48000 paid to Brabners for the services of Mr Watkins [that's Maurice not Marley] year ending May 2016

EastStandRed
30-07-2017, 03:46 PM
£48000 paid to Brabners for the services of Mr Watkins [that's Maurice not Marley] year ending May 2016

Is that not for work done for the club on behalf of Brabners as a Solicitor ?

Does he get a salary from the club ?

EastStandRed
30-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Handed in a transfer request ???

Romared
30-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Get rid then , he wa crap ennyrooard :P

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 04:24 PM
There's the mysterious Robert Zuk as well down there .

EastStandRed
30-07-2017, 04:32 PM
There's the mysterious Robert Zuk as well down there .

Whys he mysterious, he's a Barnsley lad

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 04:40 PM
New contract offer rejected by Yiadom .

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11740/10967831/andy-yiadom-rejects-barnsley-offer-ahead-of-new-huddersfield-bid

Jules88
30-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Run his contract down and sit him on the bench. funny how this news comes out today. Very funny

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Run his contract down and sit him on the bench. funny how this news comes out today. Very funny

No good cutting our noses off to speight our face is it jules .

tarnmad
30-07-2017, 04:57 PM
The players come here as a stop gap to move on the promised land I would sell him now rather than him been here for 12 month with the tit on

Jules88
30-07-2017, 05:01 PM
If he wants away, he wants away. And he wants away soon. Sell him and we are confirming we are push overs, and all the fans will say we are selling away the chance to stay up and moan
Don't sell him and it tells the others that there are rules here.
He's decided that he wants off... but we hold his contract.
Play him and he'll sulk like Wi**all.
He's my favourite player, but sorry Andy, the week before the season opener and someone releases this news..... why not keep it quiet and say " It's a great offer" when he goes....
The players have the upper hand in these things.... but we have the contract. We've given enough away now. He's good, but not irreplaceable.
A stop gap club.... Yes, because we allow it to be so.....
We've made plenty over the past few years......
It's time to stand firm, let him have the monk on....
Let him stew.

I ask again though .......Why today? Why has this news broken today?

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 05:12 PM
If he wants away, he wants away. And he wants away soon. Sell him and we are confirming we are push overs, and all the fans will say we are selling away the chance to stay up and moan
Don't sell him and it tells the others that there are rules here.
He's decided that he wants off... but we hold his contract.
Play him and he'll sulk like Wi**all.
He's my favourite player, but sorry Andy, the week before the season opener and someone releases this news..... why not keep it quiet and say " It's a great offer" when he goes....
The players have the upper hand in these things.... but we have the contract. We've given enough away now. He's good, but not irreplaceable.
A stop gap club.... Yes, because we allow it to be so.....
We've made plenty over the past few years......
It's time to stand firm, let him have the monk on....
Let him stew.

I ask again though .......Why today? Why has this news broken today?

We don't know what he was offered jules do we , what's more we probably won't ever know .

If two PL club's are courting him it stands to sense that they will offer him substantially more than we can even if we made him the best paid player at the club .

Put yourself in his shoes , at 25 after coming up the hard way he gets a crack at the PL and wages to match , he's clearly going to be more than mildly interested .

The issue for me is how we reinvest the fee we get for him .

Jules88
30-07-2017, 05:21 PM
The money invested will most certainly be the same as they have done with the previous 8 signings.. young lads, polish them and sell on. The difference this time is that we have a lot of new lads on 3 year deals. We need to make the signings work and turn over two or three per season over the next 3 years, not ever get into the same situation where 6 or 7 are on the same contract end as we have now.
I don't want to go to old heads again. I'd like to watch lads develop, and before you ask..... I'd rather go down trying to mould a squad and go down trying to develop young ones than pay massive brass for journeymen, because that's all that left at this time of the season. People no one wants
I think there's a lot of negative S::t going on at the moment....
How many pre season friendliest did we win last year???

Hodger1957
30-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Tell him we'll sell him in January.
Unless silly money comes in of course.
It might cost us a million or 2 but we'll probably be in a better league position with him than without him.
If he hasn't behaved come January tell him he can wait til the end of the season.
He was earning buttons 18 months ago.

EastStandRed
30-07-2017, 05:32 PM
That's probably why he didn't put a shift in yesterday

POGGYWELL
30-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Just been on Sky Sports he's rejected a new contract offer.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11740/10967831/andy-yiadom-rejects-barnsley-offer-ahead-of-new-huddersfield-bid

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 05:52 PM
The money invested will most certainly be the same as they have done with the previous 8 signings.. young lads, polish them and sell on. The difference this time is that we have a lot of new lads on 3 year deals. We need to make the signings work and turn over two or three per season over the next 3 years, not ever get into the same situation where 6 or 7 are on the same contract end as we have now.
I don't want to go to old heads again. I'd like to watch lads develop, and before you ask..... I'd rather go down trying to mould a squad and go down trying to develop young ones than pay massive brass for journeymen, because that's all that left at this time of the season. People no one wants
I think there's a lot of negative S::t going on at the moment....
How many pre season friendliest did we win last year???

Well that's fair enough but I believe we have left ourselves far too exposed jules .

Yiadom is another one who leaves the club with championship pedigree behind him only to be replaced by someone who hasn't .

We are almost empty on go to lads who the new players can take the lead from .

The age of the squad is getting younger by the week and more exposed with it .

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Tell him we'll sell him in January.
Unless silly money comes in of course.
It might cost us a million or 2 but we'll probably be in a better league position with him than without him.
If he hasn't behaved come January tell him he can wait til the end of the season.
He was earning buttons 18 months ago.

If you think you can play silly buggers with players today and come out of it smelling of roses the answer is you can't .

If he's turned down an extension then he leaves subject to an offer acceptable to the club .

Keeping an unhappy player who is losing value by the week to make a point is just plain daft .

Hodger1957
30-07-2017, 06:05 PM
I'm not saying play silly buggers.
I'm saying put it to him that providing he keeps his head down til January we'll let him go with our blessing.
Unless we get an offer we're happy with. ie the going rate.

bankendbfc
30-07-2017, 06:14 PM
He's gone, the sooner the better but for the proper money, i couldn't give a monkeys how it makes us look, its not like we got much of a choice the players wanting gone. lets not make this into utter turmoil, right back needed speak to everton.

animallittle3
30-07-2017, 06:23 PM
I'm not saying play silly buggers.
I'm saying put it to him that providing he keeps his head down til January we'll let him go with our blessing.
Unless we get an offer we're happy with. ie the going rate.

He doesn't need our blessing hodger and what's more is the fact a serious injury picked up between now and January blows his retirement fund sky high .

Let him go , the quicker the better , but let's not have another 18 year old with no hair round his ballax replacing him for crying out loud .

Jules88
30-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Yup. Spot on. We'd still get a profit in January. He cost us buttons, I'd do exactly that

asbin
30-07-2017, 06:40 PM
£5m and he can go. Otherwise make him see out his contract. If a premier league club wants him then they pay the going rate. Don't forget he is an experienced Championship player and an international to boot. If he was already at a premiership club, how much would he be worth then ? When you see premiership clubs buying players from overseas with no premiership experience for multi million £'s , we should not let him go for peanuts.

Exiletyke
30-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Whys he mysterious, he's a Barnsley lad

Is that not for work done for the club on behalf of Brabners as a Solicitor ?

Does he get a salary from the club ?

So we pay a third party for his services then
Wonder what he is expected to do for that
How many hours etc
Can't find any reference in the accounts to a salary for MW but what does that mean
Accounts seem amazingly vague but no doubt conform to some financial rules
But I always understood that MW was appointed to look after PC's interests
What makes RZ mysterious is his incredibly low profile & activity
but then again we also have BT
As has been said many times what a strange mix
An owner up until a couple of years ago was largely anonymous but now is unfortunately ill
A Chairman who is largely anonymous
Robert Zuk who is largely anonymous
Barry Taylor who is ????
GG onkly other voice we hear
No wonder Hecky calls them suits
Be honest boys it's a shambles

POGGYWELL
01-08-2017, 08:22 AM
It seems the goal posts are moving towards yet onother bargain basement deal!

Report: Huddersfield to tie up another signing, Wagner will meet £2m price for Andy Yiadom

Olly Dawes reports 31 minutes ago
Huddersfield Town are reportedly closing in on a deal for Barnsley right back Andy Yiadom.

According to The Mirror, Huddersfield Town are edging towards a deal for Barnsley right back Andy Yiadom, with the Terriers poised to meet the £2million asking price.

Doggydo
01-08-2017, 08:33 AM
I hear the board are going to turn down the £2m bid and won't except a penny more than £1.25m

Jules88
01-08-2017, 08:59 AM
I'm gutted he's going, and disappointed if the board take less than £3m quoted. At £3m it's a healthy profit, I suspect that a sell on clause of 10% will be in place so sell at 3.
Any less and we are being run by fools! The rich club down the road are pulling our pants down at 2m.

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Hecky confirms Andy Yiadom has rejected a new deal and wants to see out his contract.

Ponte_Steve24
03-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Sell him then!!! None of this seeing out their contract ballax

SBRed48
03-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Hecky confirms Andy Yiadom has rejected a new deal and wants to see out his contract.

If he's on contract he is still in the shop window up til 31 Aug and again in January.

Ponte_Steve24
03-08-2017, 10:18 AM
I'd play Mccarthy over him against Bristol City. Is he really that special?

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 10:50 AM
I'd keep him , if we're doing ok let him go in Jan

yorkshireborn
03-08-2017, 12:27 PM
we got him for peanuts id keep him till end of season so we get nowt for him im fine with that,but him playing well might just be what keeps us up and him playing his best will give him a good deal him playing badly will give him a crap deal.

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 01:02 PM
Hecky says he didn't hand in a transfer request he just refused to sign the deal offered