PDA

View Full Version : New Striker

RonnieWaldock
30-07-2017, 10:59 AM
I hear a rumour (from a supposedly reliable source) that we will shortly be signing a young PL striker on loan. Not sure exactly when, as the paperwork always seems to take a fair amount of time.

I also hear the name Gallagher mentioned but that, I think is pure conjecture based on hope rather than knowledge.

P.S. Don't blame me if this is all nonsense. Just passing on what I hear.

Blade for Life
30-07-2017, 11:06 AM
I hear a rumour (from a supposedly reliable source) that we will shortly be signing a young PL striker on loan. Not sure exactly when, as the paperwork always seems to take a fair amount of time.

I also hear the name Gallagher mentioned but that, I think is pure conjecture based on hope rather than knowledge.

P.S. Don't blame me if this is all nonsense. Just passing on what I hear. Really hope you are right as we need another option as goals will be much harder to come by this season. Gallagher would be about as good as we could hope for.

GrayBlade
30-07-2017, 11:31 AM
He's a big lad if it is Gallagher. I saw him on the box a couple of times last season, he'll give us a bit of pace as well.

rodcurrie
30-07-2017, 11:38 AM

P.S. Don't blame me if this is all nonsense. Just passing on what I hear.If anyone gives you any lip Ronaldo,i'll start a petition to ger em BANNED from BLADESmad.:) Hope you're ok and fightin fit for Satdi mi owd pal? UTCB

blades58
30-07-2017, 11:43 AM

P.S. Don't blame me if this is all nonsense. Just passing on what I hear.

I hope it is Gallagher Ronnie, but with all the Championship clubs chasing his services, some with much more disposable income than we have, I seriously doubt it

Fingers crossed tho

RonnieWaldock
30-07-2017, 11:56 AM
I hope it is Gallagher Ronnie, but with all the Championship clubs chasing his services, some with much more disposable income than we have, I seriously doubt it

Fingers crossed tho

As I said B58, I think the Gallagher name was based on hope rather than information. I too, rather doubt it but, one lives in hope.

Rod - thank you for your kind offer of "protection", but it is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Further more, many many years ago in my youth, I did play in the front row of scrum - so while I don't like to hear (or use) foul language, I have heard it all before so nothing will shock me. The only difference is that in those days you could exact physical revenge for any perceived insult. You can't do that with the key board warriors. And yes - I will be there Saturday - and the following Wednesday!

GrayBlade
30-07-2017, 12:00 PM
As I said B58, I think the Gallagher name was based on hope rather than information. I too, rather doubt it but, one lives in hope.

Rod - thank you for your kind offer of "protection", but it is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Further more, many many years ago in my youth, I did play in the front row of scrum - so while I don't like to hear (or use) foul language, I have heard it all before so nothing will shock me. The only difference is that in those days you could exact physical revenge for any perceived insult. You can't do that with the key board warriors. And yes - I will be there Saturday - and following Wednesday. !

I had to do a double check on that last sentence Ronnie, I read it wrong.

rodcurrie
30-07-2017, 12:00 PM

Rod - thank you for your kind offer of "protection", but it is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Further more, many many years ago in my youth, I did play in the front row of scrum - so while I don't like to hear (or use) foul language, I have heard it all before so nothing will shock me. The only difference is that in those days you could exact physical revenge for any perceived insult. You can't do that with the key board warriors. And yes - I will be there Saturday - and the following Wednesday!So ya dunt need me in my Cain Dingle mode then mate?:D I'm attendin both home games also but in't John Street Library so probs won't see ya(bet your glad abart that):)UTCB

blades58
30-07-2017, 12:03 PM

Rod - thank you for your kind offer of "protection", but it is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Further more, many many years ago in my youth, I did play in the front row of scrum - so while I don't like to hear (or use) foul language, I have heard it all before so nothing will shock me. The only difference is that in those days you could exact physical revenge for any perceived insult. You can't do that with the key board warriors. And yes - I will be there Saturday - and the following Wednesday!

The Gallagher rumour Ronnie appears to have originated from FB and that we are "trying" to get him in, not that he's coming, so we'll see

I'm going for a young Man U player due to our new found links

RonnieWaldock
30-07-2017, 12:09 PM
I had to do a double check on that last sentence Ronnie, I read it wrong.

Perish the thought Gray!

What a horrible mistake that would have been! Good job I didn't miss out the "THE". I would never have lived it down.

FatherKnowsBest
30-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Would have thought that we'd be seen as a safe and positive place for PL clubs to send their expensive young talent...