PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Vazquez

HughieG
30-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Again - haven't seen him play, but were being linked (https://www.managingmadrid.com/2017/7/29/16062506/lucas-vazquez-newcastle-rumors) with him. He has quite a decent record stats at Real Madrid. At 26, he could come right into the first team. He also plays for the national team, some decent players in that squad.

What d'ya thiiink?

Cannylad
30-07-2017, 12:36 PM
He seems a good buy but at what price ? C'mon Ash get yer hand in your pocket !

waalsendmick
30-07-2017, 12:44 PM
if a player like him was available, at a price that we would pay, then bigger and better than us would appear and outbid us.

I'd be amazed if we were in this type of market.

same with Lucas Perez.

HughieG
30-07-2017, 01:16 PM
I don't think we're in any specific market. We're kinda here and there. That's why I wouldn't rule this out just yet. Rafa's managed him before so there's that too.

ghostrider
30-07-2017, 01:18 PM
He could actually be a really good addition.
Real Madrid seemed to value him enough to keep him at the club then loan him out and bring him back to play for their first team .

I say go all out and buy him for thirty thouths fumps.

Well ok, maybe bring him in and see what's what and hope for the best.

Jammy89
30-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Arse. . . window etc. i think come to mind with the potential of this.

Nufc24Mag
30-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Arse. . . window etc. i think come to mind with the potential of this.

I'd love to sign that asensio from Madrid on loan looks classsssss. But I think he will be getting a lot of games for real so can't see it

HughieG
30-07-2017, 10:34 PM
I'd love to sign that asensio from Madrid on loan looks classsssss. But I think he will be getting a lot of games for real so can't see it

He's the one who replaced Vazquez in the starting line-up, so doubt we'll see him here on loan - but I agree, he's a great player!

Ragatino
01-08-2017, 12:55 AM
He seems a good buy but at what price ? C'mon Ash get yer hand in your pocket !

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lucas-vazquez/profil/spieler/221316

£12.75m transfermarkt

waalsendmick
01-08-2017, 10:39 AM
I'm pretty sure Rafa would love Vazquez and Perez as well as the Atletico player we have also been linked to.

transfer fee wise, we could probably afford them, net spend is not an issue.

but I'm pretty sure, the well documented wage bill issues will restrict any incoming until later in the transfer window, when we will probably manage to get the likes of Hanley, Saivet, Riviere, Haidara moved on.

Jammy89
01-08-2017, 12:28 PM
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lucas-vazquez/profil/spieler/221316

£12.75m transfermarkt

Arsenal have already said they want £13.4 million for him though.

TheOtherTerryMac
01-08-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm pretty sure Rafa would love Vazquez and Perez as well as the Atletico player we have also been linked to.

transfer fee wise, we could probably afford them, net spend is not an issue.

but I'm pretty sure, the well documented wage bill issues will restrict any incoming until later in the transfer window, when we will probably manage to get the likes of Hanley, Saivet, Riviere, Haidara moved on.

Mick talking about moving players on let's take Rivière as an example he has a year left on his contract. Say he is on 40k that's over £2 million a year.

A club comes in for him and offers him 20k that would take him two years to get his money back and he would probably be expected to play and perform in his new team

What would you do probably have a kick around with the under 23's or just train with the kids. Next year he can leave for free and probably command a better salary

Believe me we are totally phucked with this dead wood salary drain until their contracts run out and we can offload them.

ex_pat_magpie
01-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Mick talking about moving players on let's take Rivière as an example he has a year left on his contract. Say he is on 40k that's over £2 million a year.

A club comes in for him and offers him 20k that would take him two years to get his money back and he would probably be expected to play and perform in his new team

What would you do probably have a kick around with the under 23's or just train with the kids. Next year he can leave for free and probably command a better salary

Believe me we are totally phucked with this dead wood salary drain until their contracts run out and we can offload them.

That's why I put on another thread, "You only need to tie down your best or most promising players down to long contracts."

And the problem which has been caused by these contracts dished out willy nilly has come home to roost for Ashley.

Not Rafa's fault at all.

Goofy and Riviere reported to be on £75,000 jointly

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/27/report-wages-preventing-riviere-and-gouffran-loans-to-lorient/

Jammy89
01-08-2017, 04:30 PM

Not to mention get a signing on fee as well.

We're going to be knackered as you said till we can shift them off.

I see Curtis Good failed his trial in Holland as well so is back training with Under 23's.

TheOtherTerryMac
01-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Not to mention get a signing on fee as well.

We're going to be knackered as you said till we can shift them off.

I see Curtis Good failed his trial in Holland as well so is back training with Under 23's.

Correct Jammy Tim Krul contract expires on the 25 August so that's another high wage earner off the books

But this is a strange one to ponder Ashley's always states that the we have money to spend but it's to include transfer and 5 years wages. So technically all of the players we signed their wages have already been accounted for.

So they have all been paid up so it doesn't really matter if we move them on. Or is this not the case when we try to get rid of them!!!!!

ex_pat_magpie
01-08-2017, 05:02 PM
Correct Jammy Tim Krul contract expires on the 25 August so that's another high wage earner off the books

But this is a strange one to ponder Ashley's always states that the we have money to spend but it's to include transfer and 5 years wages. So technically all of the players we signed their wages have already been accounted for.

So they have all been paid up so it doesn't really matter if we move them on. Or is this not the case when we try to get rid of them!!!!!

Sounds like Ashley's double talk, then Rafa takes the blame because of someone else's rash decisions.