PDA

View Full Version : Our Players Wages

Romared
30-07-2017, 03:12 PM
What would you say is a reasonable wage to pay ?
between 5k and 10k per week here at Oakwell,is that enough !

Exiletyke
30-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Whatever you pay it has to be at the level that will attract Championship quality players
You don't go into the BMW dealers & expect to get one of their cars for Citroen prices

Romared
30-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Agree with that , but has anybody any ideas what amount they would want to come here , at the figures i quoted above , could we afford that ? Income needs to be increased somehow for us to pay such salaries, eg concerts on Oakwell during close season , quite a few clubs do that , or are we stuck with flirting in and out of the Championship and the odd decent cup run !!

EastStandRed
30-07-2017, 03:55 PM
The average Championship wage is about 12,000 a week . That's £7m just on 11 players

Romared
30-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Division one then !!! :O when you see figures like that , it shows what we are really up against , plus the unfairness of the Parachute payments ,

tarnmad
30-07-2017, 05:06 PM
If you look at the 50/50 draw 1600 tickets sold on average about ten selling them the cost of the tickets be lucky to make £500 probaly pays a physio

Exiletyke
30-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Agree with that , but has anybody any ideas what amount they would want to come here , at the figures i quoted above , could we afford that ? Income needs to be increased somehow for us to pay such salaries, eg concerts on Oakwell during close season , quite a few clubs do that , or are we stuck with flirting in and out of the Championship and the odd decent cup run !!

I agree Roma we need to utilise the stadium for other events /concerts to supplement what football brings in
If you recall however didn't we make a right cods of the International staged here a couple of years ago
We need someone who can re*****ise the club/ground but don't you have to own the ground to benefit fully & before you can expect crowds to attend concerts etc there's one thing that be must be done as a precursor to any of that & it's

GTBCFI

Romared
31-07-2017, 06:34 AM
And fit some radiators ;D