PDA

View Full Version : League Cup

RedStarTorphins
30-07-2017, 04:22 PM
****e draw.
Hamilton toytown land away.
Means we'll play them twice home & away in 3 days
Meanwhile the Dhims & Huns get sh1tey home draws.

Mason89
30-07-2017, 04:23 PM
Not like Rangers to get a home draw

RedStarTorphins
30-07-2017, 04:24 PM

The statistics are incredible with SEVCO & home draws.

ByeByeScum2012
30-07-2017, 04:26 PM
****e draw.
Hamilton toytown land away.
Means we'll play them twice home & away in 3 days
Meanwhile the Dhims & Huns get sh1tey home draws.

St Johnstone v Partick
Hibs v Ayr Utd
Sevco v Dunfermline
Ross County v Murderwell
Falkirk v Livingston
Hamilton v Aberdeen
Celtic v Kilmarnock
Dundee v Dundee Utd

irnbru1903
30-07-2017, 04:27 PM
Terrible draw.

We just love playing on plastic.

The Trading Sheep
30-07-2017, 04:31 PM
The statistics are incredible with SEVCO & home draws.

When the Chairman backs cheating and attendances go up, do not expect it to change. Do not expect change to even be considered.

That will give Sevco a chance to find their feet and be ready to face Falkirk or Livi in the next round...

theram1975
30-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Ignore. I've lost a few braincells ;D

ByeByeScum2012
30-07-2017, 04:33 PM
Am I confused?
I
How can Dundee be at home when it's 4 seeds at home and 4 away.

Because they're not seeded

macattack
30-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Aye great playing Hamilton twice in 3 days :(

theram1975
30-07-2017, 04:35 PM
League 1 Ayr United win all their group games yet get an away tie to a Premiership club as their reward.

Rangers get into the last 16 and are given a home tie again a lower league club.

Dundee united beat their rivals to win their group and are rewarded with an away tie against the team they just beat on penalties.

Who thinks these competitions up?

The Trading Sheep
30-07-2017, 04:41 PM
League 1 Ayr United win all their group games yet get an away tie to a Premiership club as their reward.

Rangers get into the last 16 and are given a home tie again a lower league club.

Dundee united beat their rivals to win their group and are rewarded with an away tie against the team they just beat on penalties.

Exactly....

But the ones that pay to watch this corrupt game clearly enjoy the competition...

The game in Scotland needs gutted, from top to bottom. But it won't happen, folk seem happy....

redscot
30-07-2017, 04:51 PM

its a rigged game, nothing has changed.

The_Moog
30-07-2017, 04:52 PM
First chance for a cup boycott. Wonder how many will "move on" and attend? I'll nae be there and winna be anywhere near hampden for any Scotland games either.

Huns at home again - they're just taking the piss and laughing at us folks.

thebeachend
30-07-2017, 05:32 PM
First chance for a cup boycott. Wonder how many will "move on" and attend? I'll nae be there and winna be anywhere near hampden for any Scotland games either.

It does seem that way. With the added bonus of stick the sheep on the plastic at Hamilton, they might struggle there.

dons8321
30-07-2017, 05:51 PM

When they were drawn at home last season for the 10th time in a row I asked my boy what were the odds (he works in stats for the HMRC)...he said that it was 1024 to 1 but didn't understand the joke (he's not into football). Sadly I had to tell him it wasn't a joke.

Pacman1903
30-07-2017, 06:16 PM
Whos got the updated odds on so many sevco home ties if ot was 1024 before

Unreal

RedStarTorphins
30-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Whos got the updated odds on so many sevco home ties if ot was 1024 before

Unreal

English is my strong point, nae maths (or probability) but if it was 1024/1 last time, won't it be 2048/1 after another home draw?

Jupiter
30-07-2017, 06:36 PM
How many home ties in a row is that for Sevco now? It must be about 14. Is anybody counting?

Pacman1903
30-07-2017, 06:39 PM
English is my strong point, nae maths (or probability) but if it was 1024/1 last time, won't it be 2048/1 after another home draw?

Is it as simple as that? Odds nae my strong point

mondo_notion
30-07-2017, 06:40 PM

Yeah if that's the 11th time.

http://i64.tinypic.com/16hqb1f.jpg

11 different events at odds of 1/1 each time.

Of course this odds checker doesn't take in to account temperature of balls, magnets or other methods of sorcery.

KIWIRED
30-07-2017, 06:53 PM
The Pars will win at the Asbestos Pit anyway, Newcos season will be over by then

RedStarTorphins
30-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Yeah if that's the 11th time.

http://i64.tinypic.com/16hqb1f.jpg

Of course this odds checker doesn't take in to account temperature of balls, magnets or other methods of sorcery.

Not only am I a linguistic genius, I'm a mathematical one too ;)

rico94
30-07-2017, 07:03 PM

I might be wrong here but isn't the league cup an spfl tournament and nothing to do with the national team?

If you are p*ssed off with the sfa then you would have to boycott Scottish cup games and national team games.If you are p*ssed off with the SPFL then it would be league games and league cup ties.If both then your not gonna be going to any games XD

kkong
30-07-2017, 07:16 PM
The Rangers have had good fortune in getting home cup draws generally recently, especially so in the Scottish Cup.

They weren't so lucky with the Challenge Cup draws.

On the plus side, the competition organisers were kind enough to allow them to play two semi finals at "neutral" Ibrox.

Here are two lists for illustration:

1. Reverse chronological order (for all cups):

http://i.imgur.com/oqfYGCp.png

2. Reverse chronological order (for each cup individually):

http://i.imgur.com/Iq1U63L.png

kkong
30-07-2017, 07:18 PM

Or just know that 2 to the power of 11 = 2,048. ;)

mondo_notion
30-07-2017, 07:33 PM

Of course I knew that but I was obviously just putting it in to terms that the average ab-madder would understand ;D

afc1903mad
30-07-2017, 09:13 PM

Is it as simple as that?
Is there any factor to consider the number of balls in the pot at the time of the draw and also which pot is drawn from I.e. Each even draw resulted in the seeded team being away from home.

2048 is the very simplistic view on a 50/50 option each time, but the statistics would put this at a higher outcome in my opinion.

RedStarTorphins
30-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Is it as simple as that?
Is there any factor to consider the number of balls in the pot at the time of the draw and also which pot is drawn from I.e. Each even draw resulted in the seeded team being away from home.

2048 is the very simplistic view on a 50/50 option each time, but the statistics would put this at a higher outcome in my opinion.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but surely the number of balls in the pot is irrelevant?
There's always going to be a 50/50 chance that they'll get picked 1st or 2nd (allegedly!!)
Doesn't matter if it's 8 balls in a quarter final or 32 in the first round where the big clubs are in?

kkong
30-07-2017, 10:01 PM
Is it as simple as that?.

Yes, they can only be drawn either home or away, regardless of anything else.

And each draw is apparently an independent and unconnected event.

Just like flipping a coin for heads or tails.

That said, HHHHHHHHHHHH is just as likely an individual outcome as HAHAHAHAHAHA, but of course there are many more ways than 1 to end up with 6 homes and 6 aways.

The_Moog
30-07-2017, 10:05 PM
I might be wrong here but isn't the league cup an spfl tournament and nothing to do with the national team?

If you are p*ssed off with the sfa then you would have to boycott Scottish cup games and national team games.If you are p*ssed off with the SPFL then it would be league games and league cup ties.If both then your not gonna be going to any games XD

You are correct - have a coconut :D Not going to League cup = SPFL boycott. Not going to Hampden for Scotland = SFA boycott. Same will apply at Scottish Cup time.

I've got my season ticket for this year as I bought it ages ago thinking the SC decision wasn't coming until nearer year end - so I'll be going to home league games and looking for any chance to make my feelings clear there. I winna be going to any away league games though. F'uck putting money into clubs who dinna care about letting the huns away with f'uckin murder.

To be honest, the thought of not going to any games in a corrupt piss taking setup that's purely designed to benefit two teams I despise is not a particularly unappealing prospect though. Scottish football is a pretty pointless waste of time now.

I'm really nae fussed about watching something where all AFC seem content to do is suck the OF cock and act as their bitch.

You might be Ok with that Rico min - totally up to you - but I'm nae.

andoplzcumbak
30-07-2017, 10:34 PM
So their last 16 games were 11 homes, 4 neutral plus 1 Ibrox neutral.
That's some going like! I wonder what the record for home draws in a row is in Scotland..
they're either incredibly lucky, aye right XD Or, in huge debt and in need of the cash from these home draws :O is that a too tin hat type suggestion?

Landvetter83
30-07-2017, 10:45 PM

Aye, Moog, this one's a key candidate for a boycott. F@@k going to Toy-town on a mid-week again. Personally, I'll still be on a plane returning from Skopje on Wednesday 9th but I would have had no intention of going to this anyway. F@@King 12 home ties in a row for Sevco - that's just taking the pi$$ now ......

afc1903mad
31-07-2017, 12:39 AM
Yes, they can only be drawn either home or away, regardless of anything else.

And each draw is apparently an independent and unconnected event.

Just like flipping a coin for heads or tails.

That said, HHHHHHHHHHHH is just as likely an individual outcome as HAHAHAHAHAHA, but of course there are many more ways than 1 to end up with 6 homes and 6 aways.

I'm still not convinced this is correct.
Take last nights draw.
First fixtures drawn out was a seeded team at home, so Rangers had a 1 in 8 chance of getting a home tie
Next fixture, Rangers had a 1 in 7 chance of being drawn away
Third fixture, they were drawn at home with a 1 in 6 chance.

The view of just looking at the results home or away, does not factor the number of balls in the pot or the sequencing of the draw.
A flipped coin only has a binary outcome, but the ODDS of when Rangers were drawn out of the bowl are far higher given the number of balls.
My point is that the ODDS of Rangers having consecutive home draws, is a far higher number

rico94
31-07-2017, 07:37 AM
You are correct - have a coconut :D Not going to League cup = SPFL boycott. Not going to Hampden for Scotland = SFA boycott. Same will apply at Scottish Cup time.

I've got my season ticket for this year as I bought it ages ago thinking the SC decision wasn't coming until nearer year end - so I'll be going to home league games and looking for any chance to make my feelings clear there. I winna be going to any away league games though. F'uck putting money into clubs who dinna care about letting the huns away with f'uckin murder.

To be honest, the thought of not going to any games in a corrupt piss taking setup that's purely designed to benefit two teams I despise is not a particularly unappealing prospect though. Scottish football is a pretty pointless waste of time now.

I'm really nae fussed about watching something where all AFC seem content to do is suck the OF cock and act as their bitch.

You might be Ok with that Rico min - totally up to you - but I'm nae.

Im nae happy about it either moog but at the end of the day I look at it as I go to support the club not the cretin who runs it, he will be long gone and I will still be supporting the club. Hopefully the next chairman has the balls to stand up to the OF, we should make our feelings clear at Pittodrie because moaning about it on a forum and boycotting Hamilton away isn't going to bother the board one bit.

sancho_panza
31-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Take last nights draw.
First fixtures drawn out was a seeded team at home, so Rangers had a 1 in 8 chance of getting a home tie

The view of just looking at the results home or away, does not factor the number of balls in the pot or the sequencing of the draw.
A flipped coin only has a binary outcome, but the ODDS of when Rangers were drawn out of the bowl are far higher given the number of balls.
My point is that the ODDS of Rangers having consecutive home draws, is a far higher number

You can reduce the odds a lot if you take into account other factors. For instance, we're talking about this today, but given Rangers have been getting drawn into cups for over a hundred years, you have to ask yourself the odds of them getting a series of 11 homes in a row at any one time, or at least over the last few decades. Of course it's happening now, but it could have easily happened five years ago or five years from now and people would have made just as much of a fuss about it.

Then if you're looking beyond Rangers, you could ask what the chances of any team getting drawn at home 11 times in a row are. For example, if you took 32 teams (a last 32 round in a cup competition) and made 11 draws, there's about a 1.6% chance one of those teams would get a home tie in all of those draws. Not likely, but not incredibly unlikely and if you take it over a 15-20 year period then it becomes much more likely than that. People will say it would be a major coincidence if this lucky streak happened to benefit Rangers rather than any other team, given who they are, but statistically speaking it's perfectly possible it's just luck.

Pacman1903
31-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Is it as simple as that?

That was my thinking but im a spoon so im probably wrong

Mason89
31-07-2017, 09:16 AM
i don't think you can truly go by the numbers with this lot.

ILikeJam
31-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Take last nights draw.

That's looking at the odds of Rangers being the next ball out - not the odds of them getting drawn home or away.

Before each draw starts, they have a 50-50 chance of being home or away (as do all teams (in theory of course...)).

Pacman1903
31-07-2017, 09:21 AM
I wonder what the odds of the PJMs being the only Premier team they drew away since their inception in 2012 is.

I also wonder who got sacked because of this glaring error

andoplzcumbak
31-07-2017, 09:27 AM
Just found on the BBC. It's a couple of years old but by some mad coincidence, the example is of 11 home draws in a row XD

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zckwq6f#z3v4kqt

Aldo1983
31-07-2017, 09:45 AM
Didn't Chris Sutton pick out the rangers ball?

kkong
31-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Didn't Chris Sutton pick out the rangers ball?

No, it was Michael Stewart. But Chris did have a wee smirk when it happened.

The_Moog
31-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Im nae happy about it either moog but at the end of the day I look at it as I go to support the club not the cretin who runs it, he will be long gone and I will still be supporting the club. Hopefully the next chairman has the balls to stand up to the OF, we should make our feelings clear at Pittodrie because moaning about it on a forum and boycotting Hamilton away isn't going to bother the board one bit.

Respect your opinion Rico min - as I said each to their own - but that attitude is exactly what they are relying on to allow them to "move on". We can all agree Milne is an utter bellend and its correct that the club will be here long after he's gone (hopefully soon).

But now is the time - and the only time - to do something about the blatant cheating, rigged "investigation" and complete lack of any sort of proper sanctions. If we let it go now its gone forever. They are just spoon feeding us a load of utter sh'ite saying there is nothing else they can do. Its complete boll'ocks - they simply don't want to do anything.

I agree moaning on a message board has f'uck all effect - but I don't think any club (or Scotland) could ignore empty stands. That's our only viable mechanism to force a rethink. No action just means the status quo and AFC functioning as the OF's bitch in perpetuity - great eh & well worth £400 a year.

The question is will we actually do it and boycott?

The clubs, SFA and SPFL are 100% banking on most people sharing your attitude and the answer to that question being no.