PDA

View Full Version : Todays game

darrenshedtastic
30-07-2017, 07:10 PM
1st half
thought we gave them abit too much time on the ball but we looked fairly solid defensively. forcing them to punt it long which didnt trouble us much. when we started to get the ball down and play, we did play some decent stuff. thought we looked dangerous on the counter and the final pass was were we broke down. They had alot of possession without much substance but i thought we just edged the 1st half on chances.
2nd half
for the first 5/10mins of the 2nd we looked decent but we slowly allowed them to pass it around again and had a few dodgy moments. their goal was poor and thought theyd put us under more pressure but thought we dealt with it well enough. the last 10 or something they should have probably scored again. thought they were much better due to having options on the bench to make a difference and looked fitter.

Ratings
Lewis- looked fairly solid. Abit suspect at a few crosses but came and collected the majority. some good saves aswell in the 2nd half. two good saves in the shootout(8)
Toshney- fairly solid by his standard, got done near the end but cant remember him being caught out much. (7)
Edge- dealt with moussa well. didnt do much wrong stuck to the basics (7)
Durnan- similar to Edge (7)
Scobbie- thought he struggled to deal with deacon. showed where his weakness is (5)
Alladyce- got stuck in and battled well but his passing was abit off at times. (6)
Stanton- Drove well and made some good runs. looked asif he was tiring near the end but put in a good shift. looks like he'll be a good player for us (7)
Briels- similar to Alladyce he was solid in the tackle and abit sluggish on the ball a few times but overall looked decent. (7)
King- worked hard and caused a few problems for kerr but wanting too see abit more from him tbh (6)
Mcmullan- Motm for me. was direct and put himself about .caused problems for their defence all game. (8)
Fraser- decent 1st half but struggled to make the right pass in the 2nd. (6)

Mcdonald- could tell he wasnt match fit but used his experience well and took his pen well. should be decent given the chance. (3)
Flood- similar to Mcdonald he looked sluggish and not match sharp. how he got booked for his 1st foul was shocking. (2)
Chalmers - didnt do much, sadly missed his pen . (-)

Dundee
thought they had a few decent players. the boy in the middle kamara looked looked like their version of Osman at partick. deacon caused problems to scobbie and allan looked dangerous if we allowed him too much time. the rest looked average imo. they played like a team who thought they were better than what they were. if they were any good they would have comfortably beaten us today with the chances they created in the 2nd half esp. superstar moussa was dealt fairly easily by durnan and edge honestly think the boy haber would have caused more problems than him.

the draw
its the way the draw fell you either get lucky or you dont. think itll be an interesting 2nd game. weve both got the feel for eachother. hopefully with us being abit fitter and match sharp we will be able to be more dangerous. bring them on i say!

overall
thought they just edged the game tbh we had the better of the 1st they were better in the 2nd. if they took their chances they would have won comfortably. considering we played 70 odd mins without a recognized Striker we done well.

billymorgan
30-07-2017, 07:41 PM
Personally I thought you guys were shlte and look forward to the next game B)

Charlie arab
30-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Yes we were ****e and you still couldn't beat us, maybe we'll turn up and even play a striker next game😊

Chick A Saw
30-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Ratings

Scobbie- thought he struggled to deal with deacon. showed where his weakness is (5)

Alladyce- got stuck in and battled well but his passing was abit off at times. (6)

King- worked hard and caused a few problems for kerr but wanting too see abit more from him tbh (6)

Dundee
thought they had a few decent players....... the boy in the middle kamara........ deacon caused problems

if they were any good they would have comfortably beaten us today with the chances they created in the 2nd half esp. superstar

Watching it on tele as i chose to for games at Dens, the only bits i disagree with are noted above.

Although i thought Scobbie was a bit slow, i thought he handled Deacon pretty well. The lad should have had Tam on the ropes before half time, but experience won through.

Allardice, now i really like this lad, but he didnt look comfortable at times today and didnt notice the danger at the equalizer and didnt pick up the scorer. For a young lad, he doesnt look like he has 90 minutes in him.

King i thought did very well and was unlucky not to score.

Fraser, other than the crackin pass for the goal, i thought didnt add anything to the team. Was constantly beaten to the ball and didnt fancy busting his gut to track back before Allen crossed for the equalizer.

As for Dundee, their best 2 players were Kamara and Deacon. Think they will do ok this season with them, but they will be going against teams that are a hell of a lot better than us!

tHeArAb
30-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Watching it on tele as i chose to for games at Dens
Would u have gone if it was at Tannadice?

shedboy71
30-07-2017, 08:49 PM
Personally I thought you guys were shlte and look forward to the next game B)

didnt see the game in full - yeah i expected dundee to be better team and we did have 6 out injured apart from mcmullan and briels we arent much different to last year so far. didnt think you overran us though.

call it a draw with a replay to follow - except you got both legs at home :)

Chick A Saw
30-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Would u have gone if it was at Tannadice?

Would have tried to!

What you trying to get at?

tHeArAb
30-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Would have tried to!

What you trying to get at?

I'm just curious. I see guys all the time saying they wont give them a penny by stepping foot inside Dens, but will happily go to Tannadice. The gate money is split, so it makes no difference. Seems strange people won't go to Dens and support there team just because they don't want to give them half of their ticket money yet will happily go to Tannadice and give them half of their ticket money.

Chick A Saw
30-07-2017, 09:30 PM
I'm just curious. I see guys all the time saying they wont give them a penny by stepping foot inside Dens, but will happily go to Tannadice. The gate money is split, so it makes no difference. Seems strange people won't go to Dens and support there team just because they don't want to give them half of their ticket money yet will happily go to Tannadice and give them half of their ticket money.

You may be curious, but im no thick!;D

Nah! Cannae stand the place. But i cant remember the last time i saw Dundee at Tannadice either because of lifes little trials and tribulations, which has also ruled me out of the second leg!

ianharab
30-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Considering we had half team out thought we done as well as we could , says more about Dundees failings , no impressed with them at all

_JohnGotti_
31-07-2017, 02:53 AM
1st half
thought we gave them abit too much time on the ball but we looked fairly solid defensively. forcing them to punt it long which didnt trouble us much. when we started to get the ball down and play, we did play some decent stuff. thought we looked dangerous on the counter and the final pass was were we broke down. They had alot of possession without much substance but i thought we just edged the 1st half on chances.
2nd half
for the first 5/10mins of the 2nd we looked decent but we slowly allowed them to pass it around again and had a few dodgy moments. their goal was poor and thought theyd put us under more pressure but thought we dealt with it well enough. the last 10 or something they should have probably scored again. thought they were much better due to having options on the bench to make a difference and looked fitter.

Ratings
Lewis- looked fairly solid. Abit suspect at a few crosses but came and collected the majority. some good saves aswell in the 2nd half. two good saves in the shootout(8)
Toshney- fairly solid by his standard, got done near the end but cant remember him being caught out much. (7)
Edge- dealt with moussa well. didnt do much wrong stuck to the basics (7)
Durnan- similar to Edge (7)
Stanton- Drove well and made some good runs. looked asif he was tiring near the end but put in a good shift. looks like he'll be a good player for us (7)
Briels- similar to Alladyce he was solid in the tackle and abit sluggish on the ball a few times but overall looked decent. (7)
Mcmullan- Motm for me. was direct and put himself about .caused problems for their defence all game. (8)

Mcdonald- could tell he wasnt match fit but used his experience well and took his pen well. should be decent given the chance. (3)
Flood- similar to Mcdonald he looked sluggish and not match sharp. how he got booked for his 1st foul was shocking. (2)
Chalmers - didnt do much, sadly missed his pen . (-)

Dundee
thought they had a few decent players. the boy in the middle kamara looked looked like their version of Osman at partick. deacon caused problems to scobbie and allan looked dangerous if we allowed him too much time. the rest looked average imo. they played like a team who thought they were better than what they were. if they were any good they would have comfortably beaten us today with the chances they created in the 2nd half esp. superstar moussa was dealt fairly easily by durnan and edge honestly think the boy haber would have caused more problems than him.

the draw
its the way the draw fell you either get lucky or you dont. think itll be an interesting 2nd game. weve both got the feel for eachother. hopefully with us being abit fitter and match sharp we will be able to be more dangerous. bring them on i say!

overall
thought they just edged the game tbh we had the better of the 1st they were better in the 2nd. if they took their chances they would have won comfortably. considering we played 70 odd mins without a recognized Striker we done well.

seriously, just edged it ?

eric_sinclair
31-07-2017, 06:07 AM
Thought we were the better team esp in the 2nd half,thought deacon roasted your left back.No a great deal oh quality fae both teams but maybe get better the next game.Thought ur no 7 was a threat and more annoyed at our performance in the 1st half than the draw.Worked out in the end and we can do it all again next week.

deebuster
31-07-2017, 07:42 AM
Same outcome Eric

TerryTheTerror
31-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Thought we were the better team esp in the 2nd half,thought deacon roasted your left back.No a great deal oh quality fae both teams but maybe get better the next game.Thought ur no 7 was a threat and more annoyed at our performance in the 1st half than the draw.Worked out in the end and we can do it all again next week.

I thought a draw was the right result. I don't think you guys created much at all first half while we scored and hit the post. Second half you guys dominated for large spells but even then we looked dangerous on the break.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next week, hopefully we'll have a few players back from injury by then.

Interesting tie that could go either way based on the evidence of yesterday.

offshore_arab83
31-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Thought Stanton was poor, thought the game passed him by...

Fraser is still saft as sh1te

eric_sinclair
31-07-2017, 10:33 AM
Thought Stanton was poor, thought the game passed him by...

Fraser is still saft as sh1te

was in yer pub yesterday,just for the 1 tho.;D

darrenshedtastic
31-07-2017, 10:48 AM
seriously, just edged it ?

1st half- you had alot of possession but we had the better of the chances
2nd half- very even until the last 5/10mins where you were on top and looked more likely to score. (and probably should have)

both teams lacked alot of quality in the final 3rd, both looked suspect at times at the back and both had spells in the game.

like i said i thought you guys just edged it on the 2nd half performance but it was a very even game imo.

i could easily write alot of rubbish on here and say united were great and dundee were rubbish but i like to be realistic with my reviews of games. i thought it was a good game for the neutral and the 2nd game should be as equally entertaining.

ianharab
31-07-2017, 10:55 AM
To be fair Darren I thought they were better the last 25 or so but considering the team we had out , done alright

RAM1971
31-07-2017, 11:19 AM
I thought we got hosed down each flank, with Durnan and Edge etc., imitating the heroics of Hegarty-Narey to bail us out. Ray must take credit for showing them all these Jim era videos. Also we still look soft and allowed Dundee to bully us out of possession. That said, we showed a lot of resolve, promise and grit, so, so much better than last season. I suspect this was Dundee playing at near top form, with a good bit still to come from United. Toshney stood of Allen etc too much, but better that than getting booked then sent off 5 minutes later. Scobbie couldn't handle Deacon, though otherwise did reasonable well. Some rethinking for Episode 2. If we get Keatings back and a bit more threat up front, that could go a long way towards reducing what 'they' can do!

TangerineDream
31-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Considering all our strikers are oot injured thought we did not too bad. McMullan looks a braw signing. Edge and Durnan fairly solid, King will be a player for us and the young goalie did well.

That Moose Funster looks s.hite , no like them to get carried away though aye ? ::zzz:

The boy Deacon for them looks no bad.

djh1711
01-08-2017, 08:45 AM
1st half- you had alot of possession but we had the better of the chances
2nd half- very even until the last 5/10mins where you were on top and looked more likely to score. (and probably should have)

both teams lacked alot of quality in the final 3rd, both looked suspect at times at the back and both had spells in the game.

like i said i thought you guys just edged it on the 2nd half performance but it was a very even game imo.

i could easily write alot of rubbish on here and say united were great and dundee were rubbish but i like to be realistic with my reviews of games. i thought it was a good game for the neutral and the 2nd game should be as equally entertaining.

As i said previously the only thing that would stop Dundee winning would be Dundee and that was the case. 1st half Dundee had all the possession but created very little. 2nd half I felt Dundee put United under alot of pressure and really should have scored a couple of goals. Next game should be good, United will need to come out and attack more rather than sit back and this should create more space for Dundee to attack. Looking forward to it cant beat a derby atmosphere.

TerryTheTerror
01-08-2017, 08:59 AM
I thought the game was dead even but I can understand why you would think you had the upper hand as you finished the game well on top. As far as chances created there wasn't much in the game.