PDA

View Full Version : Team for Cov?

Wooderson
31-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Tempted by two up top but as it's away at one of the favourites, and I want to try and get Allesandra, Hawkridge, and Grant in, I'm going to suggest the following:

Collin/Fitzsimons

Tootle, Duffy, Brisley, Jones
---- Hewitt, Milsom --------
Allesandra, Grant, Hawkridge
-------- Ameobi ------------

Subs:

Stead, Walker, and some others

Amoebi holding it up/playing through/flicking on for the three behind to run on to. Hewitt and Milsom anchoring the midfield with the other three dropping deep when we need to defend. Tootle and Jones on the overlap when on the attack, providing ammo for Shola. Easy!

Steward
31-07-2017, 10:29 AM
I'd swap Hewitt with Walker

countygump
31-07-2017, 10:33 AM
I like the 2 goalies idea.

LaughingMagpie
31-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Tempted by two up top but as it's away at one of the favourites, and I want to try and get Allesandra, Hawkridge, and Grant in, I'm going to suggest the following:

Collin/Fitzsimons

Subs:

Amoebi holding it up/playing through/flicking on for the three behind to run on to. Hewitt and Milsom anchoring the midfield with the other three dropping deep when we need to defend. Tootle and Jones on the overlap when on the attack, providing ammo for Shola. Easy!Why play a right back in midfield when we have Walker on the bench? I still think we need a proper striker though!

Wooderson
31-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Why play a right back in midfield when we have Walker on the bench? I still think we need a proper striker though!

Hewitt has played CM for ages now, and probably offers more defensively than Walker, who is more of an attacking midfielder.

60YearsAPie
31-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Amoebi holding it up/playing through/flicking on for the three behind to run on to. Hewitt and Milsom anchoring the midfield with the other three dropping deep when we need to defend. Tootle and Jones on the overlap when on the attack, providing ammo for Shola. Easy!

After reading Wooderson’s game plan and Gumpy’s two goalie idea, I feel much more confident for the season ahead.

I might even put half a crown on Notts getting automatic promotion.

jackal2
31-07-2017, 11:14 AM

Collin/Fitzsimons

Subs:

I'm not always a fan of 4-2-3-1, but away from I like that line-up and I'd put Collin in goal.

However, Kevin Nolan so far has been a consistent 4-4-2 man, so maybe this line-up is as likely:-

-----------------Collin------------------

Tootle-----Duffy-----Brisley-----Jones

Alessandra- Milsom-Hewitt-----Grant

-----------Ameobi----Stead-----------

When Hewitt first started playing in midfield I thought it was a stop-gap solution, but Nolan seems to like him there and certainly he's looked more comfortable than at right-back.

Elite_Pie
31-07-2017, 11:18 AM
Why play a right back in midfield when we have Walker on the bench?

I'm amazed anyone can still class Hewitt as a right back!

jackal2
31-07-2017, 11:19 AM

Cue the old "Yes, he can be right-back ... right back in the dressing room" joke! :D

LaughingMagpie
31-07-2017, 11:49 AM
I'm surprised anyone can class him as midfielder 😛

Bridg4d_Pie_
31-07-2017, 12:56 PM
I like the 2 goalies idea.
Now't, quite like playing it safe aye Gumpy.

Frigiliana Pie 1
31-07-2017, 04:09 PM
I'm not always a fan of 4-2-3-1, but away from I like that line-up and I'd put Collin in goal.

However, Kevin Nolan so far has been a consistent 4-4-2 man, so maybe this line-up is as likely:-

-----------------Collin------------------

Tootle-----Duffy-----Brisley-----Jones

Alessandra- Milsom-Hewitt-----Grant

-----------Ameobi----Stead

When Hewitt first started playing in midfield I thought it was a stop-gap solution, but Nolan seems to like him there and certainly he's looked more comfortable than at right-back.

I'd go for the 4-4-2 option mentioned above. Subs - Fitzsimons, Hollis, Dickinson, Walker, Thompson, Hawkridge and Forte.

seriouspie
31-07-2017, 06:01 PM
After reading Wooderson’s game plan and Gumpy’s two goalie idea, I feel much more confident for the season ahead.

I might even put half a crown on Notts getting automatic promotion.

I've had a silly tenner double ( 3-1 Notts + 11-1 Forest ) for both to be promoted.

St Kitts Magpie
31-07-2017, 06:03 PM
I'd go for the 4-4-2 option mentioned above. Subs - Fitzsimons, Hollis, Dickinson, Walker, Thompson, Hawkridge and Forte.

I think that is pretty close

60YearsAPie
31-07-2017, 06:41 PM
I've had a silly tenner double ( 3-1 Notts + 11-1 Forest ) for both to be promoted.

I've just checked the odds on Bet365. (Other bookmakers are available)

Notts 7/2 to be promoted. Lincoln 11/4. Chesterfield 4/1. Mansfield Evens Favourite!

Don't think there's a value bet there.

Notts to beat Coventry 2-1 is 11/1. That's more like it.

calmpie
31-07-2017, 06:49 PM
Unless I'm being stupid didn't Hewitt miss both games at weekend? Maybe he is injured?

Also with Curtis coming off at half time and Shola being withdrawn early - when Nolan said everyone needed a full 90 minutes - maybe injuries will affect Cov team selection

LaughingMagpie
31-07-2017, 06:57 PM
Breaking news!

Kevin Nolan will be playing 3 goalkeepers in a new revolutionary format not tried by any other manager

Collin/Fitzsimon/Pindroch

Tootle Duffy Brisley Jones

Walker Milsom

Alessandra Grant Hawkridge

Stead Ameobi

I know that is 14 but hopefully Coventry won't notice

DS1862
01-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Fitzsimmons

Tootle - Duffy - Brisley - Jones

Walker - Hewitt - Milsom

Allesandra - Ameobi - Grant

Subs: Collin, Hollis, Dickinson, Thompson, Forte, Hawkridge, Stead

A defensive, totaalvoetbal 4-3-3 with the option of subbing Hewitt for Hawkridge and moving Grant to #10.

DelroyFacey22
01-08-2017, 02:07 PM
I highly doubt a player from the 6th tier (Fitzsimons) will walk into the first team unless Adam Collin is injured. Collin will be our number 1 until he starts playing terribly or gets injured/suspended. People found trivial things to moan about him for last season but he will do fine imo.

Collin
Tootle Brisley Duffy Jones
Grant Milsom Hewitt/Walker Allessandra
Stead Ameobi

The team pretty much picks itself except for the second centre mid after Milsom who will be one from Hewitt and Walker imo. Wouldn't mind a 4-2-3-1 with the line up Wooderson suggested but Notts fans tend to throw their toys out the pram Mike Bassett style if we don't have 2 up front regardless of the opposition.

SwalePie
01-08-2017, 04:22 PM

I read those as the scores and thought they were a little optimistic. :D

slack_pie
01-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Collin

Hawkridge Hewitt Milsom Allesandra

Grant

Shola

Elite_Pie
01-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Collin

Hawkridge Hewitt Milsom Allesandra

Grant

Shola

I think that's pretty close to what we'll see, with maybe Stead or Walker instead of Hawkridge.