PDA

View Full Version : Omar Bogle

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
31-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Surplus at Wigan and told he can leave. According to the post he's on 4K a week but no mention of a fee.

LaughingMagpie
31-07-2017, 10:40 AM
If we are near the top of the table all season because of his goals, the increased crowds will more than cover his wages

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
31-07-2017, 10:43 AM
If we are near the top of the table all season because of his goals, the increased crowds will more than cover his wages

And there's 100k burning a whole from the Noble bid to add. If it's a mutual termination..maybe a goer.

countygump
31-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Heart sez, "Let's do it!!!".

Head sez, "No chance".

pjace
31-07-2017, 11:22 AM
Yep Gumpy no chance Wigan paid big bucks for him and according to sky value him at 800k Qpr favourites to sign him

jackal2
31-07-2017, 11:27 AM
That would be a humongous signing if we got him. I don't know what's gone wrong for him at Wigan, and maybe in their current state of flux they don't realise what they've got, but from what I saw of him for Grimsby he was unplayable, and I know the Mariners fans worshipped him.

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
31-07-2017, 11:31 AM
The post made it sound as if Wigan don't think he's good enough for Lge1 and are willing to release him.

LaughingMagpie
31-07-2017, 11:47 AM
Yep Gumpy no chance Wigan paid big bucks for him and according to sky value him at 800k Qpr favourites to sign him
If Wigan paid big bucks I am surprised he is only on 4k a week

pjace
31-07-2017, 11:52 AM
If Wigan paid big bucks I am surprised he is only on 4k a week

It was reported as undisclosed but said to be around 1million

DaveSmithRules
31-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Let's be honest, this is very unlikely to happen. He was a monster at Grimsby and it's less than a year since Derby and Forest were rumoured to be after him. He's going to get some interest from higher up than us. I'd bloody love it to happen tho! The £4k a week is less unlikely than him actually wanting to come here ahead of QPR etc. At a guess our best players must be on £2-3k a week, right?

The link to LC speculating is below for anyone who wants to read it tho (@dblocker probably required).

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/notts-county-enjoyed-solid-pre-253750

Steward
31-07-2017, 12:35 PM
I'm sure the fee was 700.000/750.000

Frigiliana Pie 1
31-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Bristol City are reportedly going to bid around £750,000 for him, so I don't think he'll be arriving at Meadow Lane any time soon.

BigFatPie
31-07-2017, 04:00 PM
I would presume Curtis has reason for this speculation, and isn't just pulling names out of his arse.

Notts78
31-07-2017, 05:12 PM
I think Curtis was merely mentioning that to get someone of Bogles ability/reputation we would have to pay for it, whether a fee or in wages. I don't think for one moment he was suggesting we were in for him.
Lets face reality, look at the forwards who have been on trial, none smack of a willingness by Notts to 'break the bank'.

queenslandpie
31-07-2017, 10:05 PM

$20 admission / 4000 = 400 fans coming each and every week to see him just because of him assuming we are at home every other week. Do you reckon he will put 400 on the gate from day dot? It's like the extra pound for Ramage! Still he relegated Bristol Rovers so that was ok. Anyway we can't afford him I wouldn't imagine pre and post Munto Notts have paid a player 4k a week since god knows when.

PedroTheFisherman66
31-07-2017, 10:37 PM
Surplus at Wigan and told he can leave. According to the post he's on 4K a week but no mention of a fee.

FFS lets get a grip on reality !
we have no chance of attracting a player of this stature,
or affording his wage demands and transfer fee....................
who ever thinks this is living with the Fairies !!!

i961pie
31-07-2017, 11:00 PM

What he said

keldsyke
01-08-2017, 05:02 AM

Unfortunately as the other thread proves some supporters don't have a grasp on reality and are reliving the days of the Munto supporter that jumped on aboard and then off very quickly.

Proudpie
01-08-2017, 06:39 AM
Unfortunately as the other thread proves some supporters don't have a grasp on reality and are reliving the days of the Munto supporter that jumped on aboard and then off very quickly.

I think most of us realise that Notts simply cannot afford an Omar Bogle, Matt Godden, Danny Hylton etc.

Despite alluding to wow signings (sick of hearing that now) and exciting times ahead, we seem only capable of Callum Saunders, Liam Walker type players. They aren't going to get us anywhere near the playoffs.

Until Notts invest more into better players (is the money there ?) we will still be visiting Waddon Road, Huish Park, Gresty Road etc for many years.

Estebandejesus
01-08-2017, 07:24 AM
I think most of us realise that Notts simply cannot afford an Omar Bogle, Matt Godden, Danny Hylton etc.

Despite alluding to wow signings (sick of hearing that now) and exciting times ahead, we seem only capable of Callum Saunders, Liam Walker type players. They aren't going to get us anywhere near the playoffs.

Until Notts invest more into better players (is the money there ?) we will still be visiting Waddon Road, Huish Park, Gresty Road etc for many years.

I do not think that AH has anything like the available free cash to make any serious bids for quality players. Compared to RT the playing budget is probably less than half than was available 2/3 years ago.

keldsyke
01-08-2017, 07:27 AM

Can you tell me next weeks lottery numbers please as you seem to know the season is written off before we've even kicked a ball?

Notts78
01-08-2017, 07:58 AM
I find it bonkers that so many fall in to the trap of 'we will achieve a, b or c'. I know zero about the League 2 (other than Mansfield) clubs player recruitment. I don't think ANY side in our League has made a WOW signing.
The normal time for fans to set realistic predictions is around the turn of the year. League 2 IMO is tough to predict... normally I have a 4 fold on the champions of each Division. It is likely to be a treble this year.

LaughingMagpie
01-08-2017, 08:09 AM
$20 admission / 4000 = 400 fans coming each and every week to see him just because of him assuming we are at home every other week. Do you reckon he will put 400 on the gate from day dot? It's like the extra pound for Ramage! Still he relegated Bristol Rovers so that was ok. Anyway we can't afford him I wouldn't imagine pre and post Munto Notts have paid a player 4k a week since god knows when.If we are near the top we would easily attract at least another 2,000 every home game (if not more). That would would be an additional £40,000 every other week. That is £920,000 over the season plus the additional money than promotion brings. You have to speculate to accumulate. Alan Hardy knows this.

LaughingMagpie
01-08-2017, 08:11 AM
we have no chance of attracting a player of this stature

Grimsby did!

sidders
01-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Grimsby did!

By the turn of the year, many players will become available who are but a pipe dream at the moment. In the meantime Notts have a solid enough squad to keep the right side of halfway for the first 20 games.
Indeed, a couple of wins and a draw in County's first four games will turn the tide of opinion just like that.

pravda_plc
01-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Grimsby did!

Yeah from Conference North Solihull Moors, for a reported £25,000 down + addons. At the time he was untried at football league level - in other words a punt on raw talent.

Imagine the reaction of the NCM pundits if we had signed Bogle at that time: "underwhelmed" "Steve Scoffham Mk2" "the club's got no ambition", " pay peanuts you get monkeys/ donkeys", " where's the wow factor" etc etc...

The fact that Wigan's manager mentioned that they were looking for a transfer fee of £800,000, means we never had even a sniff of a chance of signing him.

So Plan A: Speculate to accumulate, or Plan B: Speculate and go bust.

Having done plan B - bought the 'T' shirt etc - several times in the last 20 years, I think the time is for a bit of realism here. Anyhow Lee Hughes isn't fit to clean Callum Saunders boots FACT :p

Bohinen
01-08-2017, 10:17 AM
By the turn of the year, many players will become available who are but a pipe dream at the moment. In the meantime Notts have a solid enough squad to keep the right side of halfway for the first 20 games.
Indeed, a couple of wins and a draw in County's first four games will turn the tide of opinion just like that.

Yes, but you always contradict the majority view, so if most people thought we will be successful, you would say we will struggle. I am sure you're right about the couple of wins though, I can just see the 'Where are the Hardy haters now' thread titles, followed by a 10 match winless streak.

In fact, this may well happen, all the minutes in legs and the two banks of four moving as one might well see us off to a good start. But only having a boy whose Dad thinks deserves a chance to score the goals may be a problem longer term.

PedroTheFisherman66
01-08-2017, 11:33 PM
Grimsby did!

thanks for that Laughing Magpie.
I think I need to start researching more.
I didn't realise Grimsby signed him for around £800,000 and were paying him minimum of four grand a week , and that he was an established proven goal scorer then.
I find it a little confusing that with all of the above he then went and signed for Grimsby and not a Championship club at worst.
but you live and learn .......