PDA

View Full Version : Whitmore gone to Bury on loan leaving Anderson in the frame...

The Bedlington Terrier
31-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Alex Whitmore has joined Bury on loan, leaving Tom Anderson to take his chance as 4th choice centre back.

I really hope he does it! B)

sinkov
31-07-2017, 04:30 PM
We send Whitmore out on loan to Bury, yet you were suggesting he was being considered as our No 4 CB for the PL. No he wasn't, not even close.

Supersub6
31-07-2017, 04:32 PM
BT --you will upset alto ----AGAIN!!! ;D

Apart from that, I hope that Alex does well at Bury because he is a good lad and has worked hard to get where he is. Whether or not he will ever reach the heights of the PL will always be open to conjecture, however, the PL is not what football is all about ---regardless what many younger folk think.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-07-2017, 05:00 PM
We send Whitmore out on loan to Bury, yet you were suggesting he was being considered as our No 4 CB for the PL. No he wasn't, not even close.

That's rubbish sinkov! I said that young Whitmore has bags of potential and a long loan period will do him a power of good in much the same way that Tom Anderson did.

I do not know why we denigrate our young players rather than inspire them with genuine enthusiasm for their development? :blue:

Altobelli
31-07-2017, 05:47 PM
I don't think Sinkov or myself are denigrating our young one's BT, its just that they are not quite ready, like O'Neil, he played in the PL but was not really ready for that step up.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-07-2017, 07:06 PM
I just do not understand or appreciate the constant negativity on here and it really p i s s e s me off!

We have populations about the same size as Bury, Rochdale and Halifax and we are in the EPL.

Just exactly where do you all think we should be?

Coventry City anyone?

sinkov
31-07-2017, 08:45 PM
That's rubbish sinkov! I said that young Whitmore has bags of potential and a long loan period will do him a power of good in much the same way that Tom Anderson did.

I do not know why we denigrate our young players rather than inspire them with genuine enthusiasm for their development? :blue:

I can't be bothered to find the post where you said it was being discussed on here whether Whitmore or Anderton would be our No 4 this year. Actually no one except you had even mentioned Whitmore. No one denigrates our young players, we just assess where they are realistically, well some of us try to anyway. You can say what you like about them on here, it doesn't matter, they get the opinion that counts at the end of the year, and for every single one since Jay the opinion has been....not good enough.

Primitive
31-07-2017, 09:02 PM
I just do not understand or appreciate the constant negativity on here and it really p i s s e s me off!

We have populations about the same size as Bury, Rochdale and Halifax and we are in the EPL.

Just exactly where do you all think we should be?

Coventry City anyone?

Same here, BT. How anyone can be unhappy with the club and the way it's being run at the moment is beyond me.

thedonz
31-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Hope this isn't seen as negative , but if Anderson is in the frame we have gone backwards in a key area from last season.

Of course once a new central defender is signed, he will most likely go out on loan again this season. And good luck to the player while he is under contract to our brilliant little club

sinkov
31-07-2017, 11:14 PM

This is what you actually said, 'Will we stay up' thread, post 22,

"We are currently having the debate on here whether Tom Anderson or Alex Whitmore can step up and save us money. I am sure SD and Ian Woan are giving the centre half berth some serious thought."

The Bedlington Terrier
01-08-2017, 01:31 AM
SD and Woany have obviously had the debate and decided to let young Alex gain some valuable experience at Bury. Sounds like a plan to me!

Meanwhile Tom Anderson becomes for the minute at least, our 4th choice centre back.

Good luck Tom, I hope you make it!

sinkov
01-08-2017, 06:57 AM
So I wasn't talking rubbish as you claimed, you said exactly what I said you said.

Apology accepted.