PDA

View Full Version : Bristol City Memories

animallittle3
31-07-2017, 07:29 PM
A bit of a rough oil I think is Bristol , went in the early 90's when we missed the play offs because Brighton bagged an injury time winner .

Went in a tranny van wi rest of the darton rose n crown mob that day .

Got there abart 12 bells and in the first boozer we saw about 3 miles from Ashton Gate .

Nobody in the place when we strode through the doors , somebody clocked us , half an hour later and there was about 10 to 15 of their lads giving us the hard stare .

It was going to go up , you can feel it , cut the atmosphere with a stanley knife .

Decisions decisions .

Beer tasted like shyte and we were only having one anyway , honest :-) :-)

Found a better pub darn near the river instead .

Lost 1-0 and played like shyte , typical Melvin away performance , came for a draw and got feck all .

Romared
31-07-2017, 07:37 PM
My last visit we wun 2-1 , i think Bryson got the winna ? Orrible oyl , Temple meads my arse , bit like Sheffuld wi moor leets :mad:

Acido
31-07-2017, 07:45 PM
That match your talking about Animal saw us lose 1-0 in 1990-91, when they were given an indirect free kick on the edge of our six yard box. We put almost all 11 men on the goal line but they still scored from it!! And like you say, end of season heartache when Brighton snatched the play off place from us that we thought we had earned.

Roma, we won there 0-2 in both the 1991-92 & 1993-94 seasons, and apart from a few draws there since we've usually lost.

animallittle3
31-07-2017, 07:54 PM
Aye that rings a bell acido , that free kick in the first half I believe .

I just remember we were awful that day , never created a thing all afternoon .

Melvin niver seemed to want to out and win games away from home , cost us in the end that season .

Acido
31-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Ahh by typical Melvin performance, you mean under a certain robotic sounding Mr Machin. :D
I seem to remember us having a really good away record that season, including the 2-3 win at Notts County, and the 0-5 win at Wolverhampton.
Two seasons later in 1992-93, a group of our fans suffered a fatal car accident on the way to Bristol City. Its incidents like that which really do put things into perspective at times.

animallittle3
31-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Yes those lads getting killed , very sad time .

That's what wound me up the most about Melvin , when we did attack away from home we did ok but the next game he'd have us cautious again .

Romared
31-07-2017, 09:00 PM
That match your talking about Animal saw us lose 1-0 in 1990-91, when they were given an indirect free kick on the edge of our six yard box. We put almost all 11 men on the goal line but they still scored from it!! And like you say, end of season heartache when Brighton snatched the play off place from us that we thought we had earned.

Roma, we won there 0-2 in both the 1991-92 & 1993-94 seasons, and apart from a few draws there since we've usually lost. Reyt , it warra long day , an wid wun :P

Acido
01-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Remember when Danny Wilson went there and they handed us a few thrashings.
And when that lying git Shaun O'Dismal went there despite everything hed told us only a week before.
And he took them down and got sacked less than a year later lol.