PDA

View Full Version : O/T Happy Yorkshire day

Brin
01-08-2017, 07:49 AM
To all the Men, Women and children who are true Yorkshire folk Happy Yorkshire day.

As the countrie's largest county, are you proud to be a Yorkshire person?

CAMiller
01-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Always. Whenever anyone asks what part of England I'm from I say the same place as terriers, puddings, tea and The Ripper XD

Brin
02-08-2017, 07:41 AM
Always. Whenever anyone asks what part of England I'm from I say the same place as terriers, puddings, tea and The Ripper XD

That would be Bratfud then.....

millavanilla
02-08-2017, 09:08 AM

Ive got a mate lives in bradford..shows you what happens over time...his favourite dinner is chicken madras in a large yorkshire pudding..sounds like it doesnt go but I bet thats not bad, especially if you dont like rice..

Grist_To_The_Mill
02-08-2017, 10:26 AM

He was caught in Sheffield though.

Ellis_D
02-08-2017, 06:21 PM
My Nan had an operation the other day, and the next day she was delusional. She is 82, but she is normally altogether there, so this was quite alarming to us. The doctors assured us it is fairly common in elderly people when they have major operations. I'm sure Kempo can confirm this.

Anyway, she kept thinking she was in her house and that Pat Phoenix had come to visit her (Elsie Tanner out of Coronation Street) and she was mad with my aunty as no-one tells her anything, and she didn't have any cakes or biscuits in and Pat Phoenix would think she was rude, especially as my aunty refused to go over and offer her a cup of tea! (The lady she thought was Pat Phoenix - who is deceased by the way - was a little old lady who was out of her brain on morphine).

The main thing my Nan was annoyed about though, and got upset about, was that she didn't want those people off the TV coming round and not knowing that us Yorkshire folk are the best people on the planet. I re-assured her that we are. Got me all emotional. I don't even believe in God, but I was happy to tell my Nan that Yorkshire is God's own county, bless her.

Yak
02-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Old fashioned values Ellis.

Older generation tough as boots and always thinking of others.
Hope your Nan is ok.

Grist_To_The_Mill
02-08-2017, 06:47 PM
My Nan had an operation the other day, and the next day she was delusional. She is 82, but she is normally altogether there, so this was quite alarming to us. The doctors assured us it is fairly common in elderly people when they have major operations. I'm sure Kempo can confirm this.

Anyway, she kept thinking she was in her house and that Pat Phoenix had come to visit her (Elsie Tanner out of Coronation Street) and she was mad with my aunty as no-one tells her anything, and she didn't have any cakes or biscuits in and Pat Phoenix would think she was rude, especially as my aunty refused to go over and offer her a cup of tea! (The lady she thought was Pat Phoenix - who is deceased by the way - was a little old lady who was out of her brain on morphine).

The main thing my Nan was annoyed about though, and got upset about, was that she didn't want those people off the TV coming round and not knowing that us Yorkshire folk are the best people on the planet. I re-assured her that we are. Got me all emotional. I don't even believe in God, but I was happy to tell my Nan that Yorkshire is God's own county, bless her.

Background info Ellis_D

https://www.sivuh.ie/download.aspx?f=Confusion+after+anaesthesia.pdf

Acido
02-08-2017, 06:56 PM
To all the Men, Women and children who are true Yorkshire folk Happy Yorkshire day.
As the countrie's largest county, are you proud to be a Yorkshire person?

Am I proud to be a Yorkshire person ? Errr do bears sh*it in the woods Brin ? :O

Yes of course Im as proud as punch, Im a West Yorkie actually (from the five towns area) born and bred. :)

Brin
02-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Am I proud to be a Yorkshire person ? Errr do bears sh*it in the woods Brin ? :O

Yes of course Im as proud as punch, Im a West Yorkie actually (from the five towns area) born and bred. :)

Acido nice to know you are very proud indeed....as for bears s.hitting in the woods....I've never stopped to find out!

Grist_To_The_Mill
02-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Acido nice to know you are very proud indeed....as for bears s.hitting in the woods....I've never stopped to find out!

Don't think polar bears do

CAMiller
02-08-2017, 07:19 PM
I can confirm that they **** in your garden too.

Grist_To_The_Mill
02-08-2017, 07:20 PM
I think brown bears crap whilst running.

Acido
02-08-2017, 07:22 PM
I can confirm that they **** in your garden too.

Don't go leaving the barbie on then CA, stacked full of burgers and hot dogs. I'm not a bear but I'd be in there nicking all the food as well if I could. :P

ps - Brin, I wasn't having a go, have you not heard that sarcy comment before about do bears sh*it in the woods?, or is the pope a catholic? etc.

Grist_To_The_Mill
02-08-2017, 07:24 PM
It's all those pickernick baskets boo-boo

Ellis_D
02-08-2017, 11:16 PM
Old fashioned values Ellis.

Older generation tough as boots and always thinking of others.
Hope your Nan is ok.

She is on the mend, thanks mate. Still in hospital, but the delusions/hallucinations seem to have gone and she will hopefully be out of hospital sometime this week.

Ellis_D
02-08-2017, 11:19 PM
Background info Ellis_D

https://www.sivuh.ie/download.aspx?f=Confusion+after+anaesthesia.pdf

Thanks a lot for that mate. Sounds all very like what has been happening to her. She was saying lots of other stuff that I haven't mentioned on here and that ties in with what is on the info you shared, so cheers.

Ellis_D
02-08-2017, 11:22 PM
Don't go leaving the barbie on then CA, stacked full of burgers and hot dogs. I'm not a bear but I'd be in there nicking all the food as well if I could. :P

ps - Brin, I wasn't having a go, have you not heard that sarcy comment before about do bears sh*it in the woods?, or is the pope a catholic? etc.

Of course he has Acido lol. He was having a joke too, saying he wouldn't know if they sh1t in the woods as he legs it as soon as he sees one!

I don't know, Dingles eh? You have to explain everything to them. Don't worry, Acido, our kid lives with one of your lot so I'm used to it ;)

Acido
02-08-2017, 11:29 PM
Soz Ellis kid, but I can't take this thread seriously anymore if your not whingeing on about politics. ;D

Hey we got tw*atted at your new Millmoor Stadium on Satdy in a friendly, but that won't change a single thing as far as the way I post on here. Get used to it lads and order some jam and butter, theres some extra dingle waffle coming from me lol.

CAMiller
03-08-2017, 05:25 AM

Had a barbie tonight and not a single bear in sight. They've obviously got the word out about my cooking XD

caytonmiller
03-08-2017, 06:21 AM
Cam having a Barbie

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=people+who+love+dolls&client=ms-android-xiaomi&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiondbttbrVAhWFKlAKHfCcBS0Q_AUIEigC&biw=360&bih=564#imgrc=FIOWE8XGsxz1SM: