Even better

AceOfBlades
01-08-2017, 08:43 AM
i think its a good change

of course it wouldn't change the fact that Simonsen's penalty is still rising

GrayBlade
01-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Come on admit it. Who Googled it?

I thought they were going to play it as the background music.

Ayamonteblade
01-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Come on admit it. Who Googled it?

I thought they were going to play it as the background music.

Oh god - so did I...............We've been Curried BD :O

GrayBlade
01-08-2017, 08:50 AM
Oh god - so did I...............We've been Curried BD :O

I don't mind being Curried Aya as long as it's a hot un. Don't like those feeble attempts of a Balti some places serve up.

tomytony
01-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Fernando5716

Therre was something in the air that night,
That penalty was sh!te Fernando

He onlytook it because Jordan wunt,
'Cos he's a cowardly (r)unt Fernando.

The EFL song maybe?

GrayBlade
01-08-2017, 09:32 AM
Therre was something in the air that night,
That penalty was sh!te Fernando

He onlytook it because Jordan wunt,
'Cos he's a cowardly (r)unt Fernando.

The EFL song maybe?

I'm sure that I heard the Laurel and Hardy theme played right after that save, so maybe it's what inspired ABBA.

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
01-08-2017, 10:03 AM
The old way of taking penalties saw team A go first, followed by team B, then team A again.

Under the new method, team A will still go first but then team B will take two consecutive penalties before team A’s second attempt.

Team A will then take another penalty and it carries on – like a tie-break in tennis – until there is a winner.

A coin will still be tossed to decide who goes first.

It is believed the player taking the second kick in the ABAB system is always at a disadvantage because they are under greater pressure.

BlockD
01-08-2017, 10:06 AM
The old way of taking penalties saw team A go first, followed by team B, then team A again.

Under the new method, team A will still go first but then team B will take two consecutive penalties before team A’s second attempt.

Team A will then take another penalty and it carries on – like a tie-break in tennis – until there is a winner.

It is believed the player taking the second kick in the ABAB system is always at a disadvantage because they are under greater pressure.

Jordan Rhodes is never under pressure,he refuses to take them....BOTTLER

Holden_C
01-08-2017, 10:35 AM
I don't mind being Curried Aya as long as it's a hot un. Don't like those feeble attempts of a Balti some places serve up.

This is nothing more than a very mild Korma.

GrayBlade
01-08-2017, 11:03 AM
This is nothing more than a very mild Korma.
Hmm I don't know about that, I'm a Jalfrezi man myself H but I had a Balti at van Dykes last week and it was weaker than a Korma. More like a spag bol.

I like to make my own, but unfortunately I'm having to tone it down a bit these days to the fact that a mix of strong curry and red wine makes the missus red hot in bed...and not in a good way.

silentjourneyhome
01-08-2017, 12:53 PM
I once tried to fit an Abba song title into each of my posts for a whole week. No one noticed (I haven't ruled out the fact that this may be because no-one reads my posts).

Years ago we had an excellent thread where posters tried to fit names of Blades players past and present into song titles (not just Abba songs though).

I think we should resurrect that. I do I do I do I do I do.

BlockD
01-08-2017, 01:01 PM
I once tried to fit an Abba song title into each of my posts for a whole week. No one noticed (I haven't ruled out the fact that this may be because no-one reads my posts).

Years ago we had an excellent thread where posters tried to fit names of Blades players past and present into song titles (not just Abba songs though).

I Hope you succeed

Ayamonteblade
01-08-2017, 01:16 PM

Genius SJH - and shame on the rest of us for not noticing. Will keep my eyes open in future ;D

FatherKnowsBest
01-08-2017, 02:01 PM

That part wont be a problem for the oinkers. They're a right bunch of tossers...