PDA

View Full Version : Cathro...

DerryJungle
01-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Been punted by Hearts.

Was my choice to replace Jackie and then Mixu, thank phuck baldy doesn't listen to me.

TerryTheTerror
01-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Hopefully they'll go for Houston now. :)

offshore_arab83
01-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Too much too soon for Cathro me thinks...

Would have him back here sort our u20's out

GUNBOAT
01-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Its something that every poster on here predicted,i have had dealing's with Ian in the past and there is no doubting his coaching method's however his man management skills were lacking at youth level never mind in a first team dressing room.I have nothing against Craig Levein but this was his appointment and its been a disaster for Hearts.
All in all a bad few days for Deetox next door his wee team lose to Championship also rans and his big team sack the head coach before a league game is played,ach well i'm sure he will find the answer's he alway's does.

Chick A Saw
01-08-2017, 09:46 AM
I think one spectacular result flattered to deceive, but the fans ultimately saw through this and they might now get the manager that their resurrection deserves. I wont discount Houston, but surely Tommy Wright is a shoe in for this?

SmedDUm
01-08-2017, 11:36 AM
I think Tommy Wright at McDiarmid is a round peg in a round hole, a farmer in his field. Perfect job for him.
A square hole would meet him at Tynie.

USArab
01-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Been punted by Hearts.

Was my choice to replace Jackie and then Mixu, thank phuck baldy doesn't listen to me.

Agreed, many folk on this board wanted him brought in, hindsight is a great thing, but maybe we dodged a bullet on this one?

DerryJungle
01-08-2017, 12:03 PM
I think Tommy Wright at McDiarmid is a round peg in a round hole, a farmer in his field. Perfect job for him.

Don't know, for as long as I can remember, Hearts have always played pretty agricultural football.

offshore_arab83
01-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Agreed, many folk on this board wanted him brought in, hindsight is a great thing, but maybe we dodged a bullet on this one?

He probably wouldnt have been as bad as mixup to be fair, absolute useless chunt of a manager

RAM1971
01-08-2017, 01:44 PM

My thoughts exactly, El Smedzo. I can't see Tommy and Craig getting along!

Otm_Shank
01-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Never know how it's going to work out. He might do brilliantly somewhere else but didn't work for him at all at hearts

USArab
01-08-2017, 09:44 PM
He probably wouldnt have been as bad as mixup to be fair, absolute useless chunt of a manager

Maybe not, can you imagine the meltdown on here if we did have him and it did implode.

I'm with you on Mixu, he had zero man management skills and he was a sh1te football manager into the bargain! 😱

weegiearab
01-08-2017, 10:36 PM
Houston as new hearts manager.....yogi back at falkirk...whats the odds!

stokearab
01-08-2017, 11:35 PM
Just a hunch but I'd expect Houston to be the next Hibs coach not Hearts

offshore_arab83
02-08-2017, 07:40 AM
Maybe not, can you imagine the meltdown on here if we did have him and it did implode.

I'm with you on Mixu, he had zero man management skills and he was a sh1te football manager into the bargain! ��

He was positively f ucking dreadful and took us down, had more than enough time and money to keep us up and f ucked it big time...

offshore_arab83
02-08-2017, 07:41 AM
Houston as new hearts manager.....yogi back at falkirk...whats the odds!

Houston going to Hearts would be great for us

troonarab
02-08-2017, 10:18 AM
Houston going to Hearts would be great for us
No really,his strategy is obvious,cram the midfield and stifle any play,bleat that every team has more money and fill his team with journey men.He maybe a better manager than what we've got,time will tell but hes definitely is not a manager we need.

offshore_arab83
02-08-2017, 10:27 AM
No really,his strategy is obvious,cram the midfield and stifle any play,bleat that every team has more money and fill his team with journey men.He maybe a better manager than what we've got,time will tell but hes definitely is not a manager we need.

Never said he was the manager we need his tactics worked against us last season and we were bullied, play off game apart, they were better than us as league position proved

TerryTheTerror
02-08-2017, 10:45 AM

I think offshore (and I) were meaning Falkirk would be de-stabled and unsettled by this so would be good for our Championship bid.

troonarab
02-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Never said he was the manager we need his tactics worked against us last season and we were bullied, play off game apart, they were better than us as league position proved
You have to factor the dross we were stuck with and plenty poor decisions made by Raymundo.I was surprised at Xmas when we were top but I honestly thought we'd struggle to 4th.when you add the pish that we were going to sign decent players in January,but we actually weakened our squad.Falkirk may have finished above us but I thought they were/are a poor team,poor manager.At least it looks like we're moving forward,be a year too late.Our chairmans tactics cost us dearly imo.

USArab
02-08-2017, 11:05 AM
You have to factor the dross we were stuck with and plenty poor decisions made by Raymundo.I was surprised at Xmas when we were top but I honestly thought we'd struggle to 4th.when you add the pish that we were going to sign decent players in January,but we actually weakened our squad.Falkirk may have finished above us but I thought they were/are a poor team,poor manager.At least it looks like we're moving forward,be a year too late.Our chairmans tactics cost us dearly imo.

I watched the derby highlights on the zone, it's early days but there were definitely signs of improvement on the field. Some nice moves and touches.

offshore_arab83
02-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Midfield has improved alot, defence is still not great IMO and striker situation, again isnt great...

TerryTheTerror
02-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Our chairmans tactics cost us dearly imo.

Seriously, WTF? :?

troonarab
02-08-2017, 02:14 PM
Seriously, WTF? :?
Tell the support at the start of last season,buy season tickets and we'll invest in the team.Threadbare at best was the real answer.Sitting top of league and they claim marquee signing.Well did that happen.okay you're right terry I'll take anything he says as gospel ffs.

TerryTheTerror
02-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Where did I say that? Anyway, personally I think the club has backed Ray. We all want ST gone, I don't think you'll find anyone to argue against that.

darrenshedtastic
02-08-2017, 04:14 PM
reckon hartley would be in for a shout for the hearts job. ex player, decent managerial record before struggling last season with the fun. might be a decent shout for them but depends on how my levein influences things.

if i was a hearts fan i would go for jim mcintyre. has done a pretty good job with county. got some decent experience (both good and bad) won a trophy could do worse.

JoePearson
02-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Just a hunch but I'd expect Houston to be the next Hibs coach not Hearts

Where's Lennon going?

LSArab
03-08-2017, 07:38 AM
Michael O'Neill surely the best man hearts could get

A few might be out off with working under levein - that's why Houston might make sense.

I was thinking PH leaving would destabilise Falkirk but then if yogi or someone came in maybe he might galvanise them

stokearab
03-08-2017, 07:59 AM
Where's Lennon going?
Nowhere. Was meaning when he does.