PDA

View Full Version : Our best formation & team

Acido
01-08-2017, 05:54 PM
What line up do we think Hecky will go with at Bristol City, bearing in mind the players we have in the squad.
Seeing as we're top heavy on midfielders, Im guessing he will favour the 4-5-1 especially away from home.
And it looks like Yids isn't part of our club anymore long term.

Heres what Id go with...

Davies,
McCarthy, *Lindsay, MacDonald (capt), Fryers,
*Isgrove, Moncur, D'Almeida, Mallan, Hammill,
Bradshaw.

subs: Townsend, Jackson, Pinnock, Mowatt, Williams, Payne, Brown.

(* if Lindsay doesn't make it, Id swap Jackson for him. and if Isgrove doesn't make it Id swap Mallan for him and put Mowatt in the middle).

Exiletyke
01-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Seems a fair lineup Acido

I would like to place on record that I think when we get McGeehan fit he will be our next Hourihane

Ponte_Steve24
01-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Davies

Mccarthy, Macdonald, Lindsay, Fryers

Moncur, Mowatt, Mallan

Isgrove, Bradshaw, Hammill

Isgrove and Hammill doubling up in midfield off the ball in a 4-5-1. With the ball it's a 4-3-3 with Moncur, Mowatt, Mcgeehan, Mallan, Hammill, Isgrove supporting Bradshaw as the lone striker.

He can still interchange with other players because his movement is good. Lumping it isn't his forte so why Hecky persists with this and bypasses the pretty footballers he's signed is beyond me too.

That said I still think if we play the right team and formation we'll win more than we lose next season.

Atac
01-08-2017, 07:47 PM
What line up do we think Hecky will go with at Bristol City, bearing in mind the players we have in the squad.
Seeing as we're top heavy on midfielders, Im guessing he will favour the 4-5-1 especially away from home.
And it looks like Yids isn't part of our club anymore long term.

Heres what Id go with...

Davies,
McCarthy, *Lindsay, MacDonald (capt), Fryers,
*Isgrove, Moncur, D'Almeida, Mallan, Hammill,
Bradshaw.

subs: Townsend, Jackson, Pinnock, Mowatt, Williams, Payne, Brown.

(* if Lindsay doesn't make it, Id swap Jackson for him. and if Isgrove doesn't make it Id swap Mallan for him and put Mowatt in the middle).

If one up front Bradshaw's a no. I'd start Payne.

EastStandRed
01-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Bump

Jules88
01-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Davies
Mcarthy, McDonald, Lindsay, Fryers
Isgrove Moncur, Williams Mallan
Payne, Ugbo

Subs,
Brown, Townsend, Sessi, Jackson , Hamill, Williams, Mowatt.

Exiletyke
02-08-2017, 02:29 PM
And he's already halfway there with No 8 shirt

Acido
02-08-2017, 04:11 PM
If one up front Bradshaw's a no. I'd start Payne.

The jury is still out on Payne as well, and thats why for now Id still give Bradshaw the nod. This has made me realise just how poor we look up front right now.

Romared
02-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Jury is out on moor than Payne tho Acido , let's geeum a chance at least , Payne needs a goal to set him off on a good run , the lads been unlucky since he joined us , am hoping that's behind him now , so 10/15 goals from him given he gets a chance !!

Atac
02-08-2017, 06:10 PM
The jury is still out on Payne as well, and thats why for now Id still give Bradshaw the nod. This has made me realise just how poor we look up front right now.

I take the point, and I want Bradshaw to come good but I think LJ will have Bristol very physical Saturday and Bradshaw looked a little lightweight last season. I think Payne has the muscle - especially in a one up with mids pushing on. Back to goal and holding up possession, for me Payne has more of a chance of being effective.

Whoever Hecky goes for I hope he does well.

Acido
02-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Hey whatever formation Hecky picks.... if it gets us a good result at Bristol I'll buy it a few pints and send it home in a taxi. Its the only decent thing to do. ;D

Remember in this fixture last season, almost all of our fans who were there said the eventual 3-2 defeat was down to us losing Roberts at half time due to an injury. And it sounded like despite the defeat, Moncur & Mowatt had one of their best games together in midfield!.

Romared
02-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Get rid of the idea Mowatt will do well :P

animallittle3
02-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Hey whatever formation Hecky picks.... if it gets us a good result at Bristol I'll buy it a few pints and send it home in a taxi. Its the only decent thing to do. ;D

Remember in this fixture last season, almost all of our fans who were there said the eventual 3-2 defeat was down to us losing Roberts at half time due to an injury. And it sounded like despite the defeat, Moncur & Mowatt had one of their best games together in midfield!.

Tha noze ivery scoreline involving tarn since records began .

But tha waint predict owt , it's weird ?????

Romared
02-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Iz freetund :O bogey man al gerrim,

Exiletyke
02-08-2017, 07:24 PM
Get rid of the idea Mowatt will do well :P

Roma in your usual double edged manner [no offense meant or implied] do you mean

a] get rid of the idea Mowatt will do well meaning he will not do well or
or
b] get rid of the idea Mowatt will do well [meaning get rid of the idea ] [thus he will do well]

just asking

Acido
02-08-2017, 07:50 PM

I make it my business to know these things Animal lad, but there was a result in 1986 which I cant remember. Whisper that quietly though, its only a rumour. :P

Young_Nudger
02-08-2017, 08:06 PM
Davies

Mccarthy, Macdonald, Lindsay, Fryers

Sessi, Williams

Isgrove, Moncur, Hammill

Ugbo

Williams will start - Hecky said that after Rotherham game.
And on that showing he has to because he was the best player we had

Acido
02-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Davies,
Mccarthy, Macdonald, Lindsay, Fryers,
Sessi, Williams,
Isgrove, Moncur, Hammill
Ugbo

Williams will start - Hecky said that after Rotherham game. And on that showing he has to because he was the best player we had

Ok thats a Nudgetastic reply. :D
Im interested to see fans suggest a double-bank of 5 in midfield, like 3&2 or 2&3 making up the 5.
Would we all say D'Almeida is similar to the kid Williams ? I would anyway and at the moment Id pick Sessi ahead of him.
A lot is said about the star 'no.10' position in midfield, which we would surely associate with Glavin & Redfearn & maybe even Hignett.
But even if we wanted to try and force that particular position again, we never insisted on just 1 up front with those players mentioned did we!.

Romared
02-08-2017, 08:26 PM
A

EastStandRed
02-08-2017, 08:27 PM

:D

Romared
02-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Sessi will ev disaplinary problems and hardly laik , according to my mate

Ponte_Steve24
03-08-2017, 09:19 AM
With Lindsay, Fryers and Isgrove out injured :O

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Sessi will ev disaplinary problems and hardly laik , according to my mate

Runs round like an headless chickens... allegedly

Ponte_Steve24
03-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Blackburn might sign him up XD

Ponte_Steve24
04-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Davies,

Mccarthy, Macdonald, Jackson, Yiadom

Potts, Moncur, Williams, Mowatt, Hammill (although I like the look of Mallan).

Payne

yorkshireborn
04-08-2017, 08:16 AM
Davis

McCarthy MacDonald Jackson Yiadom

Williams Moncur Potts Mowatt Hammill

Bradshaw

bankendbfc
04-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Mallan got to play, dead balls? no one listens. look at em on youtube, loads an loads, free kicks! he can ave a sit darn for me when were not in posession, save them legs for attackin, i tell ya's Mallan will be "proper ace"

Acido
04-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Runs round like an headless chickens... allegedly

That was Brendan O'Connells job, to run around like a headless chicken, and to score a fair few goals while doing it as well. :)

Sessi is a suspension just waiting to happen but Id stick with him for the time being. Losing Isgrove & Lindsay for the moment is a blow, but at least we do have replacement options for them.
Its still up front though that I'm desperate to see Hecky strengthen.

Romared
04-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Laik 1

8 >;)

Acido
05-08-2017, 05:09 PM
So it looks like Hecky started with the following 4-4-2..
(and while I am a fan of 2 up front, Ive already suggested he should have gone with 4-5-1 today)
Davies,
McCarthy, Jackson, MacDonald (cap), Yiadom,
Potts, Moncur, Williams, Mowatt,
Ugbo, Bradshaw,
Subs: Hammill (Bradshaw), Hedges (Potts), Payne (Ugbo).

So, as he brought Hammill on for Bradshaw at Ht, how did that effect the team and did we go 4-5-1 for the second half ?
It must have been a straight swap up front between Ugbo & Payne, but questions have got to be asked now about Bradshaw and our failure to bring in the sort of strikers we desperately need.
Looking at his goal, maybe theres something to work with regarding Hedges as a striker, rather than as an out and out winger ?

POGGYWELL
05-08-2017, 06:17 PM
So it looks like Hecky started with the following 4-4-2..
(and while I am a fan of 2 up front, Ive already suggested he should have gone with 4-5-1 today)
Davies,
McCarthy, Jackson, MacDonald (cap), Yiadom,
Potts, Moncur, Williams, Mowatt,
Ugbo, Bradshaw,
Subs: Hammill (Bradshaw), Hedges (Potts), Payne (Ugbo).

So, as he brought Hammill on for Bradshaw at Ht, how did that effect the team and did we go 4-5-1 for the second half ?
It must have been a straight swap up front between Ugbo & Payne, but questions have got to be asked now about Bradshaw and our failure to bring in the sort of strikers we desperately need.
Looking at his goal, maybe theres something to work with regarding Hedges as a striker, rather than as an out and out winger ?

Wrong starting eleven for me no width.
As for the goals Davies a little unlucky with the first one and Yids was in dream land for the 2nd two clearly got his mind on his dream move to the promised land.
See highlights:

http://www.skysports.com/football/bristol-c-vs-barnsley/374621

Acido
05-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Thats something I didnt want to mention Poggs to be honest, but Id also like us to sort this out with Yids as soon as poss.
Hes made it clear that its thanks Bfc but no thanks, so lets get rid eh and replace him quickly. Sounds simple doesn't it. :P

When hes fit surely Isgrove is a cert on the wing, but until then Id have thought Hammill & Hedges instead, its common sense isn't it ?. Ive heard Hedges can play up front so I wonder if we can work something out there, hes got height and he might offer us something that we're missing. Maybe!

POGGYWELL
05-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Hammill & Hedges should have started I just don't think Mowatt fits into 4-4-2.

EastStandRed
05-08-2017, 07:31 PM
If you're gonna play 442 you've got to have wingers and get it out wide . That's what's brought us success. Today's team selection to start with was bizarre

Acido
05-08-2017, 07:42 PM
If you're gonna play 442 you've got to have wingers and get it out wide . That's what's brought us success. Today's team selection to start with was bizarre

It sounds like simple common sense Esr and like you and some others have also said, Hecky is making a few too many of these unexplainable & bizarre decisions now. And hes been doing it to be honest since January onwards.

DOOALI
05-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Still can't see why all these midfielders were signed it's going to take 15-20 games to find the right formation then it will be too late

bankendbfc
06-08-2017, 12:38 AM
Still can't see why all these midfielders were signed it's going to take 15-20 games to find the right formation then it will be too late

might not be too late, i think there's some teams gonna struggle with us this year. but we are bad. very bad, not enough actaul quality, i can see em working and that will bring something to be table, but not enough to stay in this league, -pity, because we should be doin a number on bristol, they did the very minimum required to beat us.