View Full Version : i remember when

pboromag
02-08-2017, 05:42 AM
we used to sit and worry about the club selling our better players
we even had songs about selling cabaye etc

now we are hoping they sell a few

all because we were happy to gale on finding nougets in foreign leagues

even now were are gambling on nougets

if we start buying 2 quality signings on 5 year contracts in 3 years we will have a half decent side

buy the quality players young and you will have a resale value

we all know who the quality young ones are

i just feel following the carr mould has made us a terrible side stuck with players we cant even give away

peopel will say we wont pay the wages we wont spend 30 mill plus on a player

but we should the current system quite clearly hasnt worked ,and wont

we have more players we need to get rid off than we have good enough for the prem

TheOtherTerryMac
02-08-2017, 05:53 AM

if we start buying 2 quality signings on 5 year contracts in 3 years we will have a half decent side

i just feel following the carr mould has made us a terrible side stuck with players we cant even give away

we have more players we need to get rid off than we have good enough for the prem

Under the current regime all players bought have to have their 5 year salaries built into the deal

It beats me that when we come to buy players in we have to sell some to reduce the ALREADY paid fir players wage bill

Another bit of the confusing Ashley way to run a football club.

ghostrider
02-08-2017, 07:59 AM
Football has gone to the dogs. It's sold to the devil and is a mish mash of utter amazement and disgrace with a semblance of normality tucked in between.

As bad as our cheapo signings appear... and as bad as it is in us trying to offload utter dross... it's just as silly as Chelsea and co buying in players for 100 million and what not, then offloading young quality as surplus fodder that other clubs regard as a top signing.

The game is turning into a load of utter cack, fuelled by stupid outrageous fees paid to almost inhuman players who are almost rendered robotic.

Zippity
02-08-2017, 09:21 AM

Agree with almost all of that (we're not a terrible side)

More and more, Carr's legacy (and Charnley's as he sanctioned the ridiculous wages for unknown French players) is being sullied by the likes of Saivet and Riviere sitting on their ****e arses collecting their huge pay packet.

And aye, it does seem like we're continuing this model. As an example, the world knows we need a striker...man, History knows we need a striker. The Dead Sea scrolls have a postscript which says 'Lo (naturally), the Toon need someone to compete with Gayle'....JFK's last words right words just before he died were 'I hope Newcastle buy a striker in August 2017', there's a missing line in Macbeth's opening scene 'When shall we three meet again, in thunder, lightning or in rain....or after the Toon haved signed that Perez lad'?

Talking of whom, he seems to fit the bill, the price isn't ridiculous (don't know about wages) and sometimes you have to bite the bullet and go with what the market is asking.

Jammy89
02-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Talking of whom, he seems to fit the bill, the price isn't ridiculous (don't know about wages) and sometimes you have to bite the bullet and go with what the market is asking.

Which you'd think Ashley would know. . .

In regards Perez apparently he's homesick and wants to return to Spain but Arsenal won't accept the low offer that Deportiva have offered. Don't know if there is any truth in it but that's what i've heard.