PDA

View Full Version : Rooney out

blowupsheep
02-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Rooney not travelling with the squad, still injured. Apparently nothing serious but still don't want to risk him.
How much of a miss is Adam going to be tomorrow night?

Not much I hope

Stand Free!!!
COYR

Pacman1903
02-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Id give Maynard a game.

RedStarTorphins
02-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Rooney not travelling with the squad, still injured. Apparently nothing serious but still don't want to risk him.

Not much I hope

Stand Free!!!
COYR

He'd have been 3rd choice "no.9" anyway.

I think he'll start with Stockley like he did in Bosnia
Then after an hour, on will come Maynard.

The_Moog
02-08-2017, 12:22 PM

Better hope Christie, Stewart or GMS have their shooting boots on then as I canna see us getting an away goal fae either of those two.

I'm giving Maynard the benefit of the doubt after last week as he clearly lacked fitness and sharpness. Cant see him having bridged the gap in a week though as he was well off the pace. Stockley can try to act as a target man and out ball, but we can't rely on him to poach an away goal like Rooney might. Nae his game.

Tough night ahead - but we can do it COYR!!

DJR1979
02-08-2017, 12:43 PM
I'm sure I heard something about an eye injury!

kigoretrout
02-08-2017, 12:57 PM

Rooney would not have been starting anyway. at least this removes Deeks option to bring him on and play him wide left which never feckin works ! Think he will go with Maynard although I haven't been overly impressed by him so far.

rico94
02-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Rooney would not have been starting anyway. at least this removes Deeks option to bring him on and play him wide left which never feckin works ! Think he will go with Maynard although I haven't been overly impressed by him so far.

Stockley will start tomorrow as Maynard offered nothing last week.

Rooney will be fit for Sundays game according to the Doc so I would imagine he will start on Sunday and probably end up scoring the winner.

DJR1979
02-08-2017, 01:06 PM
I'm sure I heard something about an eye injury!

What a t1t I am, it's a thigh injury! ha ha

Need to get the heather out of my ears!

Aldo1983
02-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Stockley will start tomorrow as Maynard offered nothing last week.

Rooney will be fit for Sundays game according to the Doc so I would imagine he will start on Sunday and probably end up scoring the winner.

I disagree. Their defence was harrassed by Maynard. They didn't like it up 'em.

donsdaft
02-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Well, he would have harassed them if he had ever arrived on time and as long as they gave him a chance to get his breath back.

rico94
02-08-2017, 02:11 PM
I disagree. Their defence was harrassed by Maynard. They didn't like it up 'em.

I thought he harassed their defence as much as Darren Mackie use to which was always a myth to me.

Anyway a striker "harassing the defence" is a nice way of saying they ran around like a headless chicken because they were contributing very little else, which is about the level of my football skills XD

kigoretrout
02-08-2017, 02:27 PM
Derek Young on red tv seemed to think he was making intelligent runs and freeing up space for other players. I would have preferred him trying to get on the end of some of the crosses we were putting in early doors. If we play counter attacking like we normally do and without Hayes to be the man doing it then maybe we do need a more mobile striker than Stockley. For the older heads amongst us Stockley reminds me a bit of Walker McCall ie no very good. I think this just emphasises the fact that we could do with a decent forward.

ILikeJam
02-08-2017, 02:42 PM
Rooney would not have been starting anyway. at least this removes Deeks option to bring him on and play him wide left which never feckin works

This is the one thing that truly f*ckin riles me about McInnes.

In the Siroki away game we had just gone 2-0 up and Deek brought Rooney on. Figured he would just move Maynard out wide, plonk Rooney up front and spend the rest of the game firing balls towards their box hoping for a 3rd. Near f*cking spat my beer oot as Rooney came on and immediately went to the left-back position! Be as well putting Danny Rogers there.

Aldo1983
I thought he harassed their defence as much as Darren Mackie use to which was always a myth to me.

Anyway a striker "harassing the defence" is a nice way of saying they ran around like a headless chicken because they were contributing very little else, which is about the level of my football skills XD

That's what DM wants them to do though. Plus he would have scored if Christie didn't ;)

sheepcrooky
For the older heads amongst us Stockley reminds me a bit of Walker McCall ie no very good.

:) Lovechild of Walker McCall & Willie Falconer ??

DonUnder
02-08-2017, 02:50 PM
:) Lovechild of Walker McCall & Willie Falconer ??

Harsh on Willie Falconer

Local loon lacked pace , stood in at left back once or twice - hang on?

kigoretrout
02-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Harsh on Willie Falconer

Local loon lacked pace , stood in at left back once or twice - hang on?

Was he not the youngest scorer for the dons in European completion? Netted against Waterschie in Belgium did he not ? He played in the midfield for Celtic when they were really gash in the early 90s. He lives in Glasgow. Got into a slight disagreement with his wife in a pub when she described him as ex celtic player technically true I know but I suggested she should have referenced the famous before referring to the great unwashed.

DonUnder
02-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Was he not the youngest scorer for the dons in European completion? Netted against Waterschie in Belgium did he not ? He played in the midfield for Celtic when they were really gash in the early 90s. He lives in Glasgow. Got into a slight disagreement with his wife in a pub when she described him as ex celtic player technically true I know but I suggested she should have referenced the famous before referring to the great unwashed.

Pretty sure we lost 1:0 in Belgium - was it not the game Stuart Kennedy rolled his ankle going onto the park and ended his career?

donsdaft
02-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Correct on both counts.

We were of course, playing the game with the few players left fit after a particularly brutal encounter with Celtic in the Scottish Cup semi final.

Landvetter83
02-08-2017, 09:06 PM

Not much I hope

Stand Free!!!
COYR

Match thread already in place. Did this need a new thread? Forum etiquette, chaps!

Landvetter83
02-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Correct on both counts.

We were of course, playing the game with the few players left fit after a particularly brutal encounter with Celtic in the Scottish Cup semi final.

Indeed. Scorer for Waterschei: Eddie Goodtekkers! ;D

Voordeckers

AiberdonianAce
02-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Recon we will start with stockley, it will be something different from last week and the hope would be he puts himself about and rough up the centre backs

RedStarTorphins
02-08-2017, 10:29 PM
Recon we will start with stockley, it will be something different from last week and the hope would be he puts himself about and rough up the centre backs

You finished your post off too soon... you missed the part which says before getting himself sent off for use of the elbow

blowupsheep
03-08-2017, 03:04 AM
Derek Young on red tv seemed to think.

^^ There's the problem right there^^ Derek Young was thinking ffs :O:O:D

kigoretrout
03-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Pretty sure we lost 1:0 in Belgium - was it not the game Stuart Kennedy rolled his ankle going onto the park and ended his career?

Yep . Senile dementia kicking in early for me . I listened to it on the radio. Our only defeat in the campaign. I think Falconer was the youngest to play in Europe or something like that. He made his competitive first team debut in that game. Anyhoo I'll shut up as completely off topic.

DonUnder
03-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Yep . Senile dementia kicking in early for me . I listened to it on the radio. Our only defeat in the campaign. I think Falconer was the youngest to play in Europe or something like that. He made his competitive first team debut in that game. Anyhoo I'll shut up as completely off topic.

Surely it was the wireless ;D