PDA

View Full Version : our 4 wingers.

waalsendmick
02-08-2017, 05:31 PM
I imagine Rafa will be more than pleased with his options on the wings.

Ritchie, Murphy, Atsu and Aarons are all more than decent options.

I'm just trying to have a positive thread and focus on area of the team / squad that looks to be quite promising for the season ahead.

Jammy89
02-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Agreed, if they can all stay injury free then we have a good selection of players there.

Aarons is really due a good non-injured season. Hopefully this will prove he's not made of glass (although i still think it might be a big ask for him).

toptoon
02-08-2017, 11:46 PM
Agreed, if they can all stay injury free then we have a good selection of players there.

Aarons is really due a good non-injured season. Hopefully this will prove he's not made of glass (although i still think it might be a big ask for him).

TBH there are more positive areas on the pitch than just the wings - I´m only really worried about up front and the wing back positions.

kingstonbob
03-08-2017, 06:41 AM
Honestly I don't want to pi$$ on the positivity but isnt Aarons due in court re the brawl in that pub on the Quayside in the not too distant future?

ghostrider
03-08-2017, 07:40 AM
I don't think we need to worry about Aarons being sent down or anything like that. He most likely won't be part of the team by then and will be recovering from another season ending injury.
The kid is made of rice paper.

ghostrider
03-08-2017, 07:47 AM
I'm just waiting for Dejong to trip over a stronger than average blade of rye grass, fall over and bang his ear, causing an ear infection that keeps him sidelined for close to the entire season and only making a cameo appearance on the last day of the season for 10 minutes.
By that time Aaron's will either be banged up or threatening to make another comeback until he plays 26 seconds of a reserve comeback game, only to jump for the ball and land awkwardly, shattering his little toe nail.

Something like that.
Yeah you're right, I have little faith in either of them doing anything for us for more than 5 minutes at a time.

I hope they prove me wrong but I highly doubt it and I'm generally a frigging optimist.

waalsendmick
03-08-2017, 08:35 AM
TBH there are more positive areas on the pitch than just the wings - I´m only really worried about up front and the wing back positions.

I agree, I think we are ok in goalkeeper and centre back areas too. I was just picking an area (based on the Wolfsburg game) that we looked good in. the transfer window has been an eye opener for most of us, and been mostly frustrating.

regardless of what many experts say, honest hard work and a good team ethic goes a long way when you have some very good players and a good manager.

if Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea and Burnley can stay up, then so can we!

sherwoodmag
03-08-2017, 09:09 AM
I'm still praying for a striker,I may be proved wrong but I think we have signed a decent CB,DM,and winger so far.

ex_pat_magpie
03-08-2017, 09:27 AM
I'm still praying for a striker,I may be proved wrong but I think we have signed a decent CB,DM,and winger so far.

Agreed. Decent reliable striker is of paramount importance. The rest is just tidying up, selling the outgoing players who won't feature in the squad and perhaps another one or two as good squad players.

sherwoodmag
03-08-2017, 09:29 AM
I'm still praying for a striker,I may be proved wrong but I think we have signed a decent CB,DM,and winger so far. I meant to put Lejeune,Merino and Murphy.

waalsendmick
03-08-2017, 09:32 AM
we won't be buying a striker unless we get shot of some of the crap bought in the past.

contrary to (un)popular belief.

Rafa cannot in any way be held accountable for Riviere, Haidara or Krul.

he is however responsible for Hanley and Lazaar.

nobody will be bought until players are sold.

sherwoodmag
03-08-2017, 10:16 AM
I would go all out to get Perez from Arsenal,his agent is saying there is 4 clubs that want him.We can worry about getting rid of players later even if they go out on loan to split their wages.

ex_pat_magpie
03-08-2017, 10:34 AM
I would go all out to get Perez from Arsenal,his agent is saying there is 4 clubs that want him.We can worry about getting rid of players later even if they go out on loan to split their wages.

I agree Sherwood. If that deal could be done at Arsenal's £13.4M asking price.

Wenger rates him highly and it was almost a tossup for him between Perez and Alexandre Lacazette and Perez wants regular first team football.

Zippity
03-08-2017, 10:36 AM

Yup. Agree.

Jammy89
03-08-2017, 11:27 AM

Aye. We need another striker, we really do.

Agreed. Decent reliable striker is of paramount importance. The rest is just tidying up, selling the outgoing players who won't feature in the squad and perhaps another one or two as good squad players.

Our problem is hte selling bit. The wages we used to entice them over now means that clubs over there won't pay that and our players (well some) are happy to sit here on those wages.