PDA

View Full Version : Would You Accept

animallittle3
02-08-2017, 07:04 PM
The present plan involving the sale of our best players whilst only spending a fraction of the proceeds under Chinese or any other foreign ownership ?

Ponte_Steve24
02-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Thats whats happening under this ownership ;D

Exiletyke
02-08-2017, 07:30 PM
The present plan involving the sale of our best players whilst only spending a fraction of the proceeds under Chinese or any other foreign ownership ?

We'd be up in arms because we wouldn't know their true intent like we do now O:)

DOOALI
02-08-2017, 07:43 PM
We've all know the PLAN even Hecky the big question is will it change now we're in a VG financial position DON'T hold your breath on this one

EastStandRed
02-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Isn't the plan to be self sufficient

Exiletyke
02-08-2017, 08:44 PM
Isn't the plan to be self sufficient

Yes but do you know when we get there because I certainly don't

Isn't there something similar at the end of the rainbow?

Acido
02-08-2017, 09:08 PM
The more I think about it Animal, the more I don't like this current 'business plan' of ours.
If and I ask if, this current crop of kids does well and we have another good season, then hey thats great isn't it ?
Well I'm not sure actually because all that will happen then is these players will be sold on for another profit yet again, and that means Hecky or whoever the coach is will have to recruit again. And he might even have to totally rebuild the squad again, and note how many times I used the word 'again' there. Its all happening too many times now for me to feel comfortable with as a fan.

Its like we're only signing players on long term 18-24 month contracts now anyway, and the manager/coach whoever he is only gets an extra twenty quid to spend on the team for each sale anyway. Ok yes I'm being sarcy there, make that thir**** quid and not twenty!!

I hope there is a pot of gold of some sorts at the end of this so called plan, and if that means us having financial stability one day where we don't have to rely on handouts from stars like Mr. Cryne, then fair enough. But if or when we ever do get to that point, for now it feels like its giving us absolutely no long term security to just keep selling and having to rebuild all the time.

Jules88
02-08-2017, 11:26 PM
The more I think about it Animal, the more I don't like this current 'business plan' of ours.
If and I ask if, this current crop of kids does well and we have another good season, then hey thats great isn't it ?
Well I'm not sure actually because all that will happen then is these players will be sold on for another profit yet again, and that means Hecky or whoever the coach is will have to recruit again. And he might even have to totally rebuild the squad again, and note how many times I used the word 'again' there. Its all happening too many times now for me to feel comfortable with as a fan.

Its like we're only signing players on long term 18-24 month contracts now anyway, and the manager/coach whoever he is only gets an extra twenty quid to spend on the team for each sale anyway. Ok yes I'm being sarcy there, make that thir**** quid and not twenty!!

I hope there is a pot of gold of some sorts at the end of this so called plan, and if that means us having financial stability one day where we don't have to rely on handouts from stars like Mr. Cryne, then fair enough. But if or when we ever do get to that point, for now it feels like its giving us absolutely no long term security to just keep selling and having to rebuild all the time.

Yes mate. And the alternative is to end up like Portsmouth. Wigan, and Coventry.....and a few others.Prem league and one season FA cup finalists, relegated, And then sh@fted.
3 or 4 seasons ago we had 12 month loans, and Journeymen..... DISASTER!!!!
Then we signed some on 2 year contracts, and now we have " "current crop of kids" New lads , All on 3 year deals which you are saying are theoretically 12/18 month contracts... We are giving 3 year deals out and it's still not enough for some of you!!!
That's progression for me..... offering 3 year deals to Promising young players....

Sometimes I don't know what would suit you lot...effective, experienced Championshp players don't sign 3 year deals at Barnsley because we don't pay enough....Simples.
Experienced Chanpmpionship players will come her only for a payday, and invariably they will be at the twilight of their career. ( i.e.. No one else will offer them a contract). And the result is NO PRIDE, WASTED BRASS, AND RELEGATION
Now under this plan we may get relegated anyway..... but as happened the Christmas before last..... Santa might JUST sprinkle some Magic again, and we may have a crop of Mawsons, Hourihanes, and Scowans....

There's no other route for us.......

I'll take what we have now ta.....

Acido
03-08-2017, 12:56 AM
Ok Jules, why do we as fans have to put up with the pathetic over exaggerated sarcastic comments from the happy clappy fans eh all the time ?.

Look, when any of us fans on here (whether we are looked at as negative fans or not) try to suggest that we should spend a bit more money for once, on a type of player who we desperately need, and for a price we can maybe afford, and who is a bit older than our usual age range etc...
Why do we just get the usual idiotic sh*ite in return eh, comparing us to clubs like Portsmouth & Coventry etc who both almost went out of business.

None of us as fans want to see that and we don't want to see the club over spending and putting ourselves into financial danger again, like when we went into administration in 2002. So why the f*uck do we keep getting accused of these stupid things by fans who should know beter. :zzz:

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 04:16 AM
Ok Jules, why do we as fans have to put up with the pathetic over exaggerated sarcastic comments from the happy clappy fans eh all the time ?.

Look, when any of us fans on here (whether we are looked at as negative fans or not) try to suggest that we should spend a bit more money for once, on a type of player who we desperately need, and for a price we can maybe afford, and who is a bit older than our usual age range etc...
Why do we just get the usual idiotic sh*ite in return eh, comparing us to clubs like Portsmouth & Coventry etc who both almost went out of business.

None of us as fans want to see that and we don't want to see the club over spending and putting ourselves into financial danger again, like when we went into administration in 2002. So why the f*uck do we keep getting accused of these stupid things by fans who should know beter. :zzz:

Wow, calm down Acido ! Jules just offered a different opinion to yours

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 04:21 AM
Yes but do you know when we get there because I certainly don't

Isn't there something similar at the end of the rainbow?

I don't know Exile . Do you ever get there ? It'll not be about doing it for one year will it . If most of our squad is now on three year deals and we hope they don't sell any one for a season or so then I suppose the surplus money we have this season will be needed to be used next season and the season after to help run the club and buy any more players .

Remember we've run at a loss the last few years so if you get back in profit you service your debts invest a bit and keep some back for future investment.

Exiletyke
03-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Yes mate. And the alternative is to end up like Portsmouth. Wigan, and Coventry.....and a few others.Prem league and one season FA cup finalists, relegated, And then sh@fted.
Then we signed some on 2 year contracts, and now we have " "current crop of kids" New lads , All on 3 year deals which you are saying are theoretically 12/18 month contracts... We are giving 3 year deals out and it's still not enough for some of you!!!
That's progression for me..... offering 3 year deals to Promising young players....

Sometimes I don't know what would suit you lot...effective, experienced Championshp players don't sign 3 year deals at Barnsley because we don't pay enough....Simples.
Experienced Chanpmpionship players will come her only for a payday, and invariably they will be at the twilight of their career. ( i.e.. No one else will offer them a contract). And the result is NO PRIDE, WASTED BRASS, AND RELEGATION
Now under this plan we may get relegated anyway..... but as happened the Christmas before last..... Santa might JUST sprinkle some Magic again, and we may have a crop of Mawsons, Hourihanes, and Scowans....

I've heard it all now

"Santa might JUST sprinkle some Magic again, and we may have a crop of Mawsons, Hourihanes, and Scowans"....

What a plan

Exiletyke
03-08-2017, 07:40 AM
Wow, calm down Acido ! Jules just offered a different opinion to yours

Or you could say calm down Jules! Acido just offered a different opinion to yours

Exiletyke
03-08-2017, 07:50 AM
I don't know Exile . Do you ever get there ? It'll not be about doing it for one year will it . If most of our squad is now on three year deals and we hope they don't sell any one for a season or so then I suppose the surplus money we have this season will be needed to be used next season and the season after to help run the club and buy any more players .

Remember we've run at a loss the last few years so if you get back in profit you service your debts invest a bit and keep some back for future investment.

About as nebulus as the Tory party manifesto
& to answer Animals' o p No we would not accept the present plan under Chinese or foreign ownership

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Or you could say calm down Jules! Acido just offered a different opinion to yours

Just very unlike Acido to swear at posters and call their comments pathetic

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 07:59 AM
About as nebulus as the Tory party manifesto
& to answer Animals' o p No we would not accept the present plan under Chinese or foreign ownership

But we're not under Chinese or foreign ownership so it's irrelevant really .

Exiletyke
03-08-2017, 08:00 AM

And the alternative is to end up like Portsmouth. Wigan, and Coventry

The common factor for those three is that they were reckless
No mention of Huddersfield?

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Thing is with Huddersfield they owed Dean Hoyle £50million quid and he's was trying to get them self funding again . He's got deep pockets as well

tiggertyke
03-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Hi all from a hot hot Cyprus.
I can't understand why we don't simply write an option to extend into the contracts.

Exiletyke
03-08-2017, 10:13 AM
But we're not under Chinese or foreign ownership so it's irrelevant really .

Animal's post said "would we accept"
an implied if
so why is it irrelevant?
although it does avoid answering

Ponte_Steve24
03-08-2017, 10:15 AM
I can't understand why we don't simply write an option to extend into the contracts.

This with bells on :star:

Exiletyke
03-08-2017, 10:18 AM
This with bells on :star:

A contract is between two parties, both have to agree to an extension clause

Ponte_Steve24
03-08-2017, 10:19 AM
I agree Exile but I also agree with what the lad was proposing ;D

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 10:52 AM

I think we do now , I know we did with Angus anyway

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Animal's post said "would we accept"
an implied if
so why is it irrelevant?
although it does avoid answering

It depends doesn't it , what they proposed when they took over plus there's a reason why Patrick Cryne has decided to run the club this way , he's not sure about his future so wants the club to be secure. I'd rather the club was run within its means rather than run up big debts even if we had foreign owners if that answers ok

KINDERSCOUT
03-08-2017, 01:53 PM
I agree ESR any business runs within its means while looking after its staff (players) and shareholders (fans). It seems to me that regardless of any plan or who the owners are all players have a price and bigger clubs than ours will always be able to buy our players. Its called capitalism.
It depends doesn't it , what they proposed when they took over plus there's a reason why Patrick Cryne has decided to run the club this way , he's not sure about his future so wants the club to be secure. I'd rather the club was run within its means rather than run up big debts even if we had foreign owners if that answers ok

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Bump

Poulton Tyke
03-08-2017, 07:24 PM

Thing is, spend above your means you end up like Portsmouth, Coventry etc... I don't think that's what anyone wants or demands but there comes a time when you have to respect the market place you are competing in and find a balance. At the moment we're looked upon as the feeder club of the championship- basically a Crewe Alexandra, and eventually the plan to nurture, polish and sell on at profit will surely fail because it puts too much pressure on the rebuild.

I think every fan deserves reassurance from the suits that they won't again be put in a position where any chance we had of success was robbed from us by decimating the talent... for financial gain or as we're fed in the name of "sustainability". ... sighs.

Exiletyke
03-08-2017, 07:50 PM
thing is, spend above your means you end up like portsmouth, coventry etc... I don't think that's what anyone wants or demands but there comes a time when you have to respect the market place you are competing in and find a balance. At the moment we're looked upon as the feeder club of the championship- basically a crewe alexandra, and eventually the plan to nurture, polish and sell on at profit will surely fail because it puts too much pressure on the rebuild.

I think every fan deserves reassurance from the suits that they won't again be put in a position where any chance we had of success was robbed from us by decimating the talent... For financial gain or as we're fed in the name of "sustainability". ... Sighs.

Hodger1957
03-08-2017, 08:28 PM
And the alternative is to end up like Portsmouth. Wigan, and Coventry

The common factor for those three is that they were reckless
No mention of Huddersfield?

The thing is there's always a dozen examples you can use of clubs overspending/being mismanaged. There's usually only one or 2 exceptions at any given time of smaller clubs achieving something special.
Right now it's Huddersfield & Burnley. Who's to say those 2 won't be in league 1 or 2 in five years time?
You can go back to Orient in the 60s, Carlisle in the 70s, Wimbledon, Notts County & Luton in the 80s then us, Charlton, Swindon and Bradford in the 90s. We are faring much better than all the others plus Blackpool, Blackburn, Coventry, Portsmouth & Wigan more recently.
The thing is you can get 92 of the richest Chinese, Russians and Arabs. They can each buy a club and spend £100M every transfer window, and one team will still finish bottom of the 4th division despite breaking the bank.
I asked this question on another thread.
Say you had a terminal illness and you had a young child and no close family to bring them up.
You heard that Madonna, Angelina Jolie and Elton John were after adopting another child. They said your child would want for nothing, and be spoilt rotten.
Would hand over your child to one of them, or ask a close friend that you knew to be honest, who held the same values and standards as yourself?
Close friend for me every time.
There has to be a point where the football league says enough is enough.
If we reached the promised land and had a team full players who's names you couldn't pronounce, run by Chinese owners that knew nothing about the game, and we were playing Man Utd or Chelsea in a league game in New York, Dubai, Beijing or Sydney, would you be happy?
Because that's where the greed league is heading.
It's a circus with players being ferried around in private jets 'earning' a million pound a week while we are lucky to get a 1% pay rise.
There has to be a time not too far away when the 'Big' clubs break away.
Don't even let them play in our cup games. Go back to paying sensible wages, transfer fees and admission prices.
If we are taken over by Chinese, or any other foreign regime, it wouldn't be Barnsley.
If I were a life long Watford fan I honestly don't think I would be impressed with the current situation.

Exiletyke
03-08-2017, 08:47 PM
I like your post Hodger
However it's moved us a little off beam
I think that the vast majority of what you say is true but the opportunity to progress [& if you don't want to progress what is the point of competing]was staring us in the face in January but the club seemed to turn it's back on that opportunity
No guarantees either way in this game but opportunities come along on rare occasions but this club wouldn't or couldn't take that step
It's what will keep us small beer although we will still exist probably
After PC's tenure do you know of another Barnsley lad ready to step up to the plate

Hodger1957
03-08-2017, 08:59 PM
It doesn't have to be a Barnsley lad, or even British as long as it's a football man with honest intentions.
There aren't too many of them where money's concerned. That's why PCs struggling to ofload.
The fit & proper person rule just isn't being applied.

Ponte_Steve24
04-08-2017, 07:19 AM
When a young aspiring footballer sets out on his career he aspires to play in the top premier league sides and for his national team. If he can't achieve this he aspires to play against the premier league teams (more regularly than a cup run here and there).

If there isn't any progression fans start to get bored as well Hodger.