PDA

View Full Version : Bristol City fan in peace with all your local info you require

CITY2003
03-08-2017, 08:53 AM
Hope you don't mind a Bristol City fan coming on your boards with some local info for the opening match
Please set out very very very early traffic grinds to halt from the Junction ten at Cheltenham south bound,
due to holiday makers make for the south west of England.
Do NOT USE M5 M4 M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol
YOU WILL GET LOST
If you are coming by road use M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
It looks the long way round but its quicker.

OR you could stay at Weston super mare for the weekend,
Weston S-M to Bristol is a 35 minute journey with two trains an hour.

If you are arriving by train on the day there is a local train to Parson Street at 13:25 13:55 and 14:25 from Bristol Temple meads journey time five minutes.It takes you two thirds of the way to the ground,and walk the rest of the way

If you are coming by train and there are at least three of you get a taxi
Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end
or use the brown buses from the bottom of the incline of the station.
Which depart approx 13:55pm with returns just after the match finishes
Casualty and Hobly City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both crap
The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City
(actually its Bishopston)
Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
Bring yer camera and turn up early if you wanna take any photo's
Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
Buy your match day programme before you enter the away end.
BBC Radio station is radio bristol which has frequenceys and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm)
If you want or need any further local info please don't be afraid to ask.
I know that on another forum there was a mention of having lunch at a pub near Dursley.
Don't want to put any one off going to the pub in Dursley,
but I would be heading to Ashton Gate by at least midday from the pub in Dursley.

Turfmoorspirit
03-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Where can i tie mi whippet for 90 mins ?

GarveyTyke
03-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Hi CITY2003 welcome to the board.

As a Barnsley fan who's lived in Bristol for several years i'd also recommended the Grain barge on Hotwells road, serves good local ale from the Bristol Beer Factory brewery and not too far away from Ashton gate.

Failing that, pubs on North st should be more than welcoming for away fans (Tobacco Factory etc).

All the best for the game.

Romared
03-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Where can i tie mi whippet for 90 mins ?

Thas been reported to RSPCA :O Izzit a Burnsley thing tekkin thi dog withee !!

SBRed48
03-08-2017, 04:01 PM
It's his "wife" Roma, his bitch. The dog provides comfort in bed on winter nights. It's a Burnley thing. ;D

bankendbfc
03-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Hope you don't mind a Bristol City fan coming on your boards with some local info for the opening match
Please set out very very very early traffic grinds to halt from the Junction ten at Cheltenham south bound,
Do NOT USE M5 M4 M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol
YOU WILL GET LOST
If you are coming by road use M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport

If you are arriving by train on the day there is a local train to Parson Street at 13:25 13:55 and 14:25 from Bristol Temple meads journey time five minutes.It takes you two thirds of the way to the ground,and walk the rest of the way

Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end
Casualty and Hobly City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both crap
Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
BBC Radio station is radio bristol which has frequenceys and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm)
I know that on another forum there was a mention of having lunch at a pub near Dursley.
but I would be heading to Ashton Gate by at least midday from the pub in Dursley.

Hiya pal and cheers for the info, all this traffic guff, will it affect anyone travelling from Bournemouth? as i was going to take the coach but if its as bad as you say the train might be a safer bet, thanks in advance

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Bump

CITY2003
03-08-2017, 06:47 PM
If your coming from Bournemouth,
why not try driving to Salisbury and then catch the train to Bristol(and Parson Street) day return approx 22 pounds.
I think there is all day free parking as you go up the slope to the station on the right hand side

bankendbfc
03-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Nice one, i checked the bus times and i can get a bus to salisbury then train for 60 quid for me and my son, just saved me a scoe my friend. i will have 3 or 4 pints as a mark of respect.

animallittle3
03-08-2017, 07:13 PM
Nice one, i checked the bus times and i can get a bus to salisbury then train for 60 quid for me and my son, just saved me a scoe my friend. i will have 3 or 4 pints as a mark of respect.

What ever happened to jibbing bankend ?

Part of the day out dodging the British Rail hector's when I was younger .

bankendbfc
03-08-2017, 07:26 PM
sorry animal a dunt follo ya pal

animallittle3
03-08-2017, 07:56 PM
sorry animal a dunt follo ya pal

Fare dodging and hiding from the ticket collectors mate .

Turfmoorspirit
03-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Thas been reported to RSPCA :O Izzit a Burnsley thing tekkin thi dog withee !! Ey ! i teks mi dog all ourt place..;D

Turfmoorspirit
03-08-2017, 10:25 PM
It's his "wife" Roma, his bitch. The dog provides comfort in bed on winter nights. It's a Burnley thing. ;D Fek that! i bowt her from Barnley full o feckin fleas..:)

bankendbfc
03-08-2017, 11:06 PM
Fare dodging and hiding from the ticket collectors mate .

or right. can't do that no moor, am too cumbersome to effectively hide. has been done mind. anyway a preferred the bus 2p a ride go all over yorshire (Barnsley) same thing

Jules88
03-08-2017, 11:57 PM
YOU WILL GET LOST

Cheers for the info mate.... A good real ale pub, for Friday night, a Greekrestaurant for Saturday, and a cheap parking space in centre of Bristol, and that's mi weekend sorted!!

Good info, and we should do the same to visiting fans.....

"An darn theeear is whear Jud Killed Bud"