PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Match View From Brentford

Roygbiv
03-08-2017, 10:04 AM
https://roysviewfrom.wordpress.com/2017/08/03/pre-match-view-from-brentford/

Carpe_diem
03-08-2017, 10:15 AM
https://roysviewfrom.wordpress.com/2017/08/03/pre-match-view-from-brentford/

Thanks as always Mr Rainbow :) Some interesting stuff in there - very confident to more realistic. I appreciate we've got a step up from last season to this, but I don't think any of our fans are expecting any game to be a cakewalk. To be fair, I don't think there were many last season who did either, even as it drew to a close - we know we can't just coast, we have to earn our wins.

bulmer1889
03-08-2017, 10:24 AM
Lol at the we will think we're playing the old Brentford whilst 50%+ think they'll be playing the old united,personally think this will be a close game Brentford are no mugs I've just backed them on the handicap for the season,I'll take a draw for a steady start 2-2

RonnieWaldock
03-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Lol at the we will think we're playing the old Brentford whilst 50%+ think they'll be playing the old united,personally think this will be a close game Brentford are no mugs I've just backed them on the handicap for the season,I'll take a draw for a steady start 2-2

I can understand their confidence. Last 3 seasons in the top half of the Championship (I think) and a TW in which they have not lost any players they didn't want to, and they appear to have brought in some good signings. Definite top six contenders in my view.
However, as a punter, I'll wait until the end of this TW - or probably longer - before reinvesting any of last season's profits.

RonnieWaldock
03-08-2017, 11:32 AM
P.S. An interesting test this first one. I would be happy with a draw (1-1?), very very happy with a win, and far from suicidal if we lose (however heavily).

GrayBlade
03-08-2017, 12:03 PM
I really hope their team and manager are so overconfident and totally lacking in knowledge about our team and the way we play as most of that lot are. As for has beens, I bet we've got one of the youngest match-day squads in the league on Saturday. Wonder if he's getting us mixed up with the Pork?

tomytony
03-08-2017, 01:22 PM
As LST said,the latter posters are far removed from the first lot, maybe trying to temper the arrogance/hubris/confidence of those posting first, Fools rush in?

Let's hope so. It seems a decent game to start with, not too high profile opposition, but a team that has established itself in the Champ.

Hopefully we can surprise quite a few this seaon and Saturday would be a good time to start