PDA

View Full Version : Alan Hardy web chat

Oldstripy
03-08-2017, 01:35 PM
In the post 9am Tomorrow morning.

You can go to the post web site now and post questions.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/notts-county-webchat-special-chairman-273128

countygump
03-08-2017, 02:56 PM
In the post 9am Tomorrow morning.

You can go to the post web site now and post questions.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/notts-county-webchat-special-chairman-273128

1) Did "wow" stand for " Why O why" ?

Bridg4d_Pie_
03-08-2017, 03:00 PM
1) Did "wow" stand for " Why O why" ?

Unlike you to be sarcastic Gumpy. ;D

Proudpie
03-08-2017, 03:14 PM
I have asked about wow signings
Ilkeston
Centre forward
Expectations etc

Oldstripy
04-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Alan Hardy has answered a lot of questions.

DS1862
04-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Got to say, fair play to him. Didn't shy away from some awkward questions and showed some realism where needed.

I was disappointed with some transfers, and the 'Class of 2018' doesn't sit particularly well with me. I think the club could have done more to differentiate between signings meant for the first team and those meant for development. But a lot of respect to AH for this.

Old_pie
04-08-2017, 10:04 AM
Alan Hardy has answered a lot of questions.

.. avoided others and has no plan to get/keep us older supporters on board. Perhaps because most of us are too cynical and don't bow to the hype.

Oldstripy
04-08-2017, 10:08 AM
.. avoided others and has no plan to get/keep us older supporters on board. Perhaps because most of us are too cynical and don't bow to the hype.

Maybe because us oldies are not the future. :P

Old_pie
04-08-2017, 10:18 AM
Maybe because us oldies are not the future. :P

That's how it feels. Kids? Grandkids? Legacy? I wonder how many there are out there that no longer feel engaged and don't feel incentivised to turn up (and I'm not talking about ticket price). My guess is around 4,000 but I've nothing to substantiate that.

upthemaggies
04-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Standing in the Kop to be looked into.
That would be quite something to witness for a big game.

LaughingMagpie
04-08-2017, 11:16 AM
I think he cherry picked the questions and didn't really tell us anything. At least he isn't over promising.

jackal2
04-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Got to say, fair play to him. Didn't shy away from some awkward questions and showed some realism where needed.

I was disappointed with some transfers, and the 'Class of 2018' doesn't sit particularly well with me. I think the club could have done more to differentiate between signings meant for the first team and those meant for development. But a lot of respect to AH for this.

Generally the answers were fine, and I've got no doubt that his intentions for Notts County are genuine and good.

I agree with DS1862's scepticism about the "Class of 2018" though. I've heard it all before.

The players we've brought in look no better on paper than what we've developed ourselves, including some of the players we've actually released. What's the betting that the likes of Elliott Hodge and Callum Saunders will be on the release list come the end of their contracts, following the likes of Ryan Ford, Matt Marshall, Jeremy Balmy, Kyle De Silva, Rhys Sharpe, Ceiron Keane and lots and lots of others over the years who came in under this phoney "development squad" banner, took a wage and a squad space and achieved precisely nothing?

I wouldn't mind, but we're not a Premier League club with money to burn who can afford to have multiple squads of players including many who will never make it. We have limited funds and that money needs to be spent on quality. Our "Class of 2018", and of future years, should be our own youth team graduates, not other clubs' cast offs. If we're going to take a risk on youngsters who may or may not develop, at least give that chance to our home grown talent. I know Hodge was one of our scholars, but he's already been sent packing once! I would far rather have kept Jordan Richards on.

BigFatPie
04-08-2017, 05:52 PM
Some good questions and honest answers. A few of our signings appear to be questionable this summer, but I think Hardy's getting some unnecessary stick.

Get another striker in and we're in shape for a good season. COYP!!

i961pie
04-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Generally the answers were fine, and I've got no doubt that his intentions for Notts County are genuine and good.

I agree with DS1862's scepticism about the "Class of 2018" though. I've heard it all before.

The players we've brought in look no better on paper than what we've developed ourselves, including some of the players we've actually released. What's the betting that the likes of Elliott Hodge and Callum Saunders will be on the release list come the end of their contracts, following the likes of Ryan Ford, Matt Marshall, Jeremy Balmy, Kyle De Silva, Rhys Sharpe, Ceiron Keane and lots and lots of others over the years who came in under this phoney "development squad" banner, took a wage and a squad space and achieved precisely nothing?

I wouldn't mind, but we're not a Premier League club with money to burn who can afford to have multiple squads of players including many who will never make it. We have limited funds and that money needs to be spent on quality. Our "Class of 2018", and of future years, should be our own youth team graduates, not other clubs' cast offs. If we're going to take a risk on youngsters who may or may not develop, at least give that chance to our home grown talent. I know Hodge was one of our scholars, but he's already been sent packing once! I would far rather have kept Jordan Richards on.

He's gone Jackal, let it go;D

Carlton_Pie
04-08-2017, 09:40 PM
That's how it feels. Kids? Grandkids? Legacy? I wonder how many there are out there that no longer feel engaged and don't feel incentivised to turn up (and I'm not talking about ticket price). My guess is around 4,000 but I've nothing to substantiate that.

Maybe out youth team of the past have never had the benefit of top class facilities and an owner/manager that really are interested in the future rather than just talking about it.

jackal2
04-08-2017, 10:04 PM
He's gone Jackal, let it go;D

You're kidding? I've only just started the campaign! I've kept the Jimmy Spencer lament going for two years! :D

queenslandpie
05-08-2017, 06:18 AM
You're kidding? I've only just started the campaign! I've kept the Jimmy Spencer lament going for two years! :D

Some of the answers to the questions one way or another were always going to annoy someone.

I take him at face value and think he is doing a good job. I'm not over enamored with the signings and it is a complete lottery on the class of 2018 whatever that means but I think we are in good shape for a top 10 finish. I would prefer one or two better permanent signings in terms of age and experience and pedigree but it is what it is and the effort is clearly there. If the effort can be transferred through to performances on the pitch we will do ok this year. I'd be happy with 10th and Nolan here at the end of the season.