PDA

View Full Version : Bolton have signed Aaron Wilbrahin from Brizzle

rodcurrie
03-08-2017, 06:40 PM
He's 37 yrs old,i bet some of Trotters fans are underwhelmed by this signin.UTCB

AceOfBlades
03-08-2017, 07:01 PM
bolton will be back in league 1 fairly soon (if they dont go bust first)

blades58
03-08-2017, 07:13 PM
I had a tenner on them a while back to be relegated

7/2 odds on Skybet now 13/8

Looking back now those are reyt odds

46 games to go and owt can happen, but I got value with that bet, just wish I'd lumped on

Wingy Blade
03-08-2017, 07:44 PM
What a strange signing. Going down I feel

bulmer1889
04-08-2017, 12:18 AM
I had a tenner on them a while back to be relegated

7/2 odds on Skybet now 13/8

Looking back now those are reyt odds

46 games to go and owt can happen, but I got value with that bet, just wish I'd lumped on

Just done my season bets and I've had Bolton to drop from our division

Pigtoyou
04-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Take it you mean Aaron Wilbraham

BlockD
04-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Just done my season bets and I've had Bolton to drop from our division

Along with the Pigs?

rodcurrie
05-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Along with the Pigs?Hog Staton expects the pigs to be in't play offs at least,this after sayin the league this season is harder this season.YOU FILL UP MY SENSES,sing it loud and proud abart 3pm this afternoon.UTCB

blades58
06-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Leeds 2 - 1 up

As expected, Bolton all about long throws, corners and set pieces into the box with all the big ones coming up

Just pulled one back. Madine from a corner

Edit: 3 - 1 Leeds

rodcurrie
06-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Leeds 2 - 1 up

As expected, Bolton all about long throws, corners and set pieces into the box with all the big ones coming up

Just pulled one back. Madine from a corner

Edit: 3 - 1 LeedsI think Leeds could well be a play off side this season.Has Parky signed the new contract yet at Bolton? Thank goodness we didn't get him when some of our fans were wantin him here(before Tufty arrived obvs) I don't like the whingein git at all.UTCB

bulmer1889
06-08-2017, 04:22 PM
I'm glad I picked em to go down out a this league although I toyed wi puttin baaarnsley in might have missed out on some beer tokens there

RonnieWaldock
06-08-2017, 04:34 PM
I've long had a theory (though have no actual statistics to back it up) that teams who get promotion on the back of a lot of 1-0 victories, invariably struggle the following season. The "ones" are a bit more difficut to get - and the "nils" are very much harder to achieve against much better opponents.
While I'm sure Bolton will upset some teams and achieve victories now and then, I think there will not be enough to give them a stress free season. Finishing 21st would be a good season for them, I think.

RonnieWaldock
06-08-2017, 04:47 PM
I'm glad I picked em to go down out a this league although I toyed wi puttin baaarnsley in might have missed out on some beer tokens there

Barnsley have performed miracles these last two seasons. All their best players get sold and replaced by cheaper alternatives and inspired loan signings. However, you can't expect to keep doing this ad infinitum. Sooner or later, it is going to catch up with you.
I fear that this could be that season, but I hope not. I think Hecky is a good manager (as well as a decent bloke), and if he keeps them up this season, he will deserve to get the MOTY award - whoever wins the title.
(Unless it's United with 100 points again!) ;D

blades58
06-08-2017, 05:05 PM
3 - 2 now

shorehamoldboy
06-08-2017, 05:33 PM
bolton will go straight back down parkinson is a league 1 manager and will never be owt else

Holden_C
06-08-2017, 06:03 PM
I've long had a theory (though have no actual statistics to back it up) that teams who get promotion on the back of a lot of 1-0 victories, invariably struggle the following season. The "ones" are a bit more difficut to get - and the "nils" are very much harder to achieve against much better opponents.
While I'm sure Bolton will upset some teams and achieve victories now and then, I think there will not be enough to give them a stress free season. Finishing 21st would be a good season for them, I think.

That's very good reasoning Ronnie. Makes perfect sense.

Holden_C
06-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Barnsley have performed miracles these last two seasons. All their best players get sold and replaced by cheaper alternatives and inspired loan signings. However, you can't expect to keep doing this ad infinitum. Sooner or later, it is going to catch up with you.
I fear that this could be that season, but I hope not. I think Hecky is a good manager (as well as a decent bloke), and if he keeps them up this season, he will deserve to get the MOTY award - whoever wins the title.

Again, spot on. Reminiscent of the end of the Basset era when constant pressure from all directions takes its toll.

bulmer1889
07-08-2017, 08:36 AM

Only just read this but it's what I've been saying all close season you can only pull so many rabbits out of the hat they were a better price than Bolton but hey ho they'll only go shorter now