PDA

View Full Version : The daftie who said it was a draw

stokearab
03-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Hope the boy is ok and not tied up awaiting paramilitary interrogation in a safe house 😅

shedboy71
03-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Axe him

stokearab
03-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Think you might be right about Greetin being Gotti

shedboy71
03-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Think you might be right about Greetin being Gotti

man its been a theatre on here in last few days - i mistakenly thought good win the penalties and i dont have to read this p!sh but no. Jesus help us if they beat us next week - always the wee team

An old shed boy
04-08-2017, 06:21 AM
What they comment on here doesn't matter.
Record books show United win.
End of story.

num1adi
04-08-2017, 06:59 AM
What they comment on here doesn't matter.
Record books show United win.
End of story.
Think you'll find record books show a draw, every league table I've seen says both teams won 3 drawn 1 , not one single paper has a table with a lose for Dundee or 4 wins for united , people looking back in years to come will be struggling to work out why united ended up with a point more ,

TerryTheTerror
04-08-2017, 07:24 AM
See when you look at that league table, which team is top? A clue, the one that beat your team by one point.

djh1711
04-08-2017, 07:34 AM
See when you look at that league table, which team is top? A clue, the one that beat your team by one point.

Trying far too hard Terry every league table shows United top the group but both teams have the same record and that includes no loss.

TerryTheTerror
04-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Forgetting about one individual match, United beat your team as they finished top of the table, not sure how anyone can argue with that. Perhaps your fans are trying far too hard to avoid accepting they got beat by United. Well, as the old adage goes, the table never lies. :)

RAM1971
04-08-2017, 08:00 AM
Technically the 'game' was a draw. This is what happens in Cup Competitions. If a game finishes stalemate at the end of play (normally ET of 30 mins is played) the game is decided on penalties to see who goes through to the next round or who wins the trophy. If next week it is a draw between Dundee and Dundee United after extra time, the match will once again be decided on penalties. Neither those who win or those who lose the penalty shoot out will regard the overall feat as a 'draw!' In reality it is a victory or defeat. It is known as a penalty decider. The unusual thing with the last game is that both teams had actually qualified beforehand. If United's penalty shoot-out win had stopped Dundee from qualifying, would they still be saying it was a draw? What was at stake for the game as a whole was finishing top to become one of the seeded teams. The game went to penalties to decide that fact with the extra point at stake. It was a United victory as much as any penalty shoot out.

An old shed boy
04-08-2017, 09:14 AM
Good news for Atletico Madrid fans then.
They didn't lose the Champions league final to Real.
It was a draw.

pertharab
04-08-2017, 12:21 PM
According to the format of the competition on the SPFL website a team gets 3 points for a win and either 1 or 2 points for a draw depending on which team wins the shoot out. We did not end up with 12 points so did not win all our games, therefore did not win the derby. As others have stated the official SPFL tables show both us and them undefeated. We did however top the group by getting more points as per the rules and format of the competition. We therefore did not beat Dundee but finished higher in the table. I for one am happy enough with this outcome.

offshore_arab83
04-08-2017, 12:32 PM
good news for atletico madrid fans then.
They didn't lose the champions league final to real.
It was a draw.

faf!!!!

pertharab
04-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Good news for Atletico Madrid fans then.
They didn't lose the Champions league final to Real.
It was a draw.

Difference is that the CL final was a knock out competition which by the nature of it cannot end in a draw. Real undoubtedly won that game by penalty shoot out just as we would win next week with a similar set of circumstances as Sunday. Where the difference is is that, although it was a cup competition, it was a league set up where by rule to record a win a team had to be shead after 90 mins. If at the end of 90 mins a draw was the outcome then a separate mini competition (penalty kicks) took place to earn a further point not win the game. As it turned out we topped the group by winning the extra point not the game. Had we lost an earlier game then the extra point would have been meaningless as it was for some other teams.

If we 'win' on penalties (after extra time, remember) on wednesday we win the game. Last sunday we drew. I would be using the same argument if they had gained the extra point because I am sure they would, wrongly, be claiming a win.

An old shed boy
04-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Thanks for that Pertharab.
I'll try not to make anymore faceatious comments.

TerryTheTerror
04-08-2017, 02:24 PM
Difference is that the CL final was a knock out competition which by the nature of it cannot end in a draw. Real undoubtedly won that game by penalty shoot out just as we would win next week with a similar set of circumstances as Sunday. Where the difference is is that, although it was a cup competition, it was a league set up where by rule to record a win a team had to be shead after 90 mins. If at the end of 90 mins a draw was the outcome then a separate mini competition (penalty kicks) took place to earn a further point not win the game. As it turned out we topped the group by winning the extra point not the game. Had we lost an earlier game then the extra point would have been meaningless as it was for some other teams.

If we 'win' on penalties (after extra time, remember) on wednesday we win the game. Last sunday we drew. I would be using the same argument if they had gained the extra point because I am sure they would, wrongly, be claiming a win.

So I get this right now, the team that finishes at the top of a league table HAS beat the rest of the teams? :)

ianharab
04-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Djh , so , if by some miracle or plague hitting several top teams , you lot reach a cup final and win it on penalties you would be saying no lets have a replay ????.

I think not , in fact , we would never hear the end o it so stop blethering ****e , you lost to one o the worst United team's in years and an injury hit one to boot, just goes to show however bad we may be we are still capable o beating your mob

JamesMcClean
04-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Every report that I read stated - Dundee 1 Dundee United 1 (Dundee United won 4-3 on pens). Let me re-state that - Dundee United WON 4-3 on pens. The Funny Lot deflector screens are up and set to maximum deflection. As per, they couldnae keep their mooths shut going on about some 'Moose' (whatever the phuck that was) and had their manager prattling on about going in with a 'swagger'. So when they're not nearly as good as they thought they were and we're better than they thought we were, they come out with this 'draw' nonsense, which conveniently brushes under the carpet the pre-match Fun 'vision' of a doing for United. Some of the stuff coming out now about McCann being delighted with the draw and big cheers in the Ellenbank for the match up suggests that, once again, they just never, never learn. I hope RM is quietly geeing up the squad with a reminder of some of these quotes.

RAM1971
04-08-2017, 03:13 PM
No James, my dear friend. We 'drew' 4-3 on penalties! You see the penalties don't count. It was a pointless exercise.......wait a minute??

AussieArab44
04-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Never mind anything to do with penalties and bonus points.....
It's a league competition and even without the bonus point we won the league on goal difference anyway.

Chick A Saw
04-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Never mind anything to do with penalties and bonus points.....
It's a league competition and even without the bonus point we won the league on goal difference anyway.

Got a wee song running through my head. Something about winning a league at Dens.....