PDA

View Full Version : players leaving

waalsendmick
03-08-2017, 09:57 PM
we all know how the window works.

we also, all know, that the players we want to leave, cannot make their TOON wages anywhere else.

Krul, Saivet, Riviere, Hanley, Haidara, Lazaar. Will not be at Newcastle come September 1st.

bit it will be very late in the window that we shift them.

so, if we are waiting to get them out before we invest, then we are taking a really, really big risk.

when the likes of Perez are available for Ģ12 - Ģ13m, we are playing a risky game, as they will be long gone, when we eventually shift a few.

surely, knowing we will move a few on, we can take that risk on a player of Perez (or likewise that Rafa wants) quality.

toptoon
03-08-2017, 10:07 PM
True. Itīs better (and cheaper) to pay wages to an illegible player (I think we are limited to a squad size of 25) than risk getting relegated again through having a weak strike force. We need to go for a striker (preferably Perez) now.

ex_pat_magpie
03-08-2017, 10:35 PM
True. Itīs better (and cheaper) to pay wages to an illegible player (I think we are limited to a squad size of 25) than risk getting relegated again through having a weak strike force. We need to go for a striker (preferably Perez) now.

It would be false economy not to get him at that price if he's prepared to come here and play under Rafa. A move like that could keep us in the Prem and be cost effective next season by making the most of the sales after securing the purchase.

Zippity
03-08-2017, 10:44 PM
We can't not buy a striker. Look, I know most of us want to give Mitro a last chance and you'd hope that all of us want him to be a success,,,,but I suspect it'll be more of the same (i.e. lots of effort, poor first touch, a fair few missed chances-and I mean good chances, the odd goal, the odd rash challenge, a few yellows

If Gayle gets injured-and his hamstring will go at some stage, we're fu)cked.

Sorry to be so gloomy. :D

TheOtherTerryMac
04-08-2017, 05:19 AM
We can't not buy a striker. Look, I know most of us want to give Mitro a last chance and you'd hope that all of us want him to be a success,,,,but I suspect it'll be more of the same (i.e. lots of effort, poor first touch, a fair few missed chances-and I mean good chances, the odd goal, the odd rash challenge, a few yellows

If Gayle gets injured-and his hamstring will go at some stage, we're fu)cked.

Sorry to be so gloomy. :D

That's not being gloomy Zip it's being realistic
Mitro wears his heart on his sleeve but in reality he is not good enough. We will not get a full season out of Gayle and you have to ask the question is he good enough.

ex_pat_magpie
04-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Mitro wears his heart on his sleeve but in reality he is not good enough. We will not get a full season out of Gayle and you have to ask the question is he good enough.

I think we have to bite the bullet and take a chance on Perez in the hope that at least a couple more can be moved on to facilitate.

This time next season it may be looked upon as a shrewd move getting a striker of this class for that price.

Jammy89
04-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Agreed on all counts.

Although i still think we're being used by his agent to flush out other clubs abroad personally.

HughieG
04-08-2017, 10:05 AM

I agree it's being realistic, but I have a hunch that Mitro will get his shyte together and start scoring some important goals. I know he can do it, he just has to control the mad Eastern-european within him and he'll be all right.

Kal
04-08-2017, 10:10 AM

The fat man loves a gamble.

Kal
04-08-2017, 10:13 AM
mad Eastern-european.

:O......

sherwoodmag
04-08-2017, 10:44 AM
I think wages could be a stumbling block to getting Perez not the fee.

Zippity
04-08-2017, 10:56 AM
I think wages could be a stumbling block to getting Perez not the fee.

Aye