PDA

View Full Version : As it stands, our best team

Zippity
04-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Right, then...we're just over a week away :O What's your 'best' 11 out of the players currently available (including any who might be off)

.....................................Krul......... .................

Yedlin.............Mbemba.................Lejeune. .............Clark

Ritchie.............Shelvey................Merino. ............Aarons

...............................de Jong...........................

....................................Gayle......... .

I know Timmy's off but when fit I think he edges it over Elliott

Again, Mbemba has been told he can go but when he does his job he's better than Clark and Lascelles

Clark? I just couldn't face putting Dummett in -remember, this isn't who I think Rafa will start :p

Aarons? He has more about him to get past his man albeit Atsu seems to have had a good pre-season. Not much to choose between them but Aarons has more 'get you off your seat' potential.

de Jong-hopefully we might see the player we thought we'd bought a couple of years ago.

For what it's worth, and tin hat firmly on, I think there are shades of David Kelly about Gayle. I would have loved to see him in the Prem but have to admit that Keegan's ruthless decision to move him on was probably the right one. I'm not advocating selling Gayle by any means but if he's our number one striker this season I think we'll find goals hard to come by.

Jammy89
04-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Can't really disagree with any of that Zip.

Apart from the Clark at LB. I'd still put Dummett in as i think he's a more solid LB rather than a CB who can play their as well.

Merino or Hayden is also a tough one for me as i've only seen the 30 minutes of Merino's cameos whereas i know what Hayden can do, i think that you're right that Merino edges it but it's only just for me.

I'm amazed you've not started Rivierie though ;) XD

Zippity
04-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Can't really disagree with any of that Zip.

Apart from the Clark at LB. I'd still put Dummett in as i think he's a more solid LB rather than a CB who can play their as well.

Merino or Hayden is also a tough one for me as i've only seen the 30 minutes of Merino's cameos whereas i know what Hayden can do, i think that you're right that Merino edges it but it's only just for me.

I'm amazed you've not started Rivierie though ;) XD

XD I'm hoping he can come on as an impact sub. :D

ex_pat_magpie
04-08-2017, 02:10 PM
XD I'm hoping he can come on as an impact sub. :D

Riv's going to be a top man.

At another club though. ;D

Jammy89
04-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Riv's going to be a top man.

At another club though. ;D

Well my local team - Abingdon Town are reforming XD Admittedly it's the Hellenic League but you know - he needs a standard to aim for XD

HughieG
04-08-2017, 03:00 PM
Right, then...we're just over a week away :O What's your 'best' 11 out of the players currently available (including any who might be off)

.....................................Krul......... .................

Yedlin.............Mbemba.................Lejeune. .............Clark

Ritchie.............Shelvey................Merino. ............Aarons

...............................de Jong...........................

....................................Gayle......... .

I know Timmy's off but when fit I think he edges it over Elliott

Again, Mbemba has been told he can go but when he does his job he's better than Clark and Lascelles

Clark? I just couldn't face putting Dummett in -remember, this isn't who I think Rafa will start :p

Aarons? He has more about him to get past his man albeit Atsu seems to have had a good pre-season. Not much to choose between them but Aarons has more 'get you off your seat' potential.

de Jong-hopefully we might see the player we thought we'd bought a couple of years ago.

For what it's worth, and tin hat firmly on, I think there are shades of David Kelly about Gayle. I would have loved to see him in the Prem but have to admit that Keegan's ruthless decision to move him on was probably the right one. I'm not advocating selling Gayle by any means but if he's our number one striker this season I think we'll find goals hard to come by.

I think that's a decent starting line-up mate, quite a curious team with players that I don't know whether will come good or not.

What players do you think Rafa will field though? I'm sure Dummett will start (which I don't mind) and I'm not sure De Jong will get the nod.

MidsMagpie
04-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Krul Yedlin Mbemba Lejeune Clark Ritchie Shelvey Merino Atsu De Jong Mitrovic

HughieG
04-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Krul Yedlin Mbemba Lejeune Clark Ritchie Shelvey Merino Atsu De Jong Mitrovic

Gotta say that I'm hoping Mitro will start as well.