PDA

View Full Version : Rejected bid for. . .

Jammy89
04-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Stoke have rejected a bid from us for Joselu according to the Stoke Sentinel.

He's a Spanish striker was signed from Hannover 96 but has struggled for Stoke so far - he’s scored four goals in 26 for them and was loaned out to Deportivo La Coruna last season, scored five times in 20 games.

Chronicle says:

He’s ex-Real Madrid - which is where Rafa Benitez will know him from - and at 6ft 3ins, he’s decent in the air.

Here’s what Mark Hughes said about him when he signed. “(He’s a) technically adept forward...He’s a good technical player, he’s got good ability and I like his movement.

“His link-up play is very good and with the finishing we’ve done so far in training I’ve been very pleased. You can see technically he’s very adept, getting his body in the right position to take chances.”

HughieG
04-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Nah, I'd rather see Vazquez here of (former) Real Madrid players.

Jammy89
04-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Nah, I'd rather see Vazquez here of (former) Real Madrid players.

Agreed.

ashingtoon62
04-08-2017, 03:17 PM
See ya Mitro,divvint bang the door on the way oot! (He'll tek it off the hinges)..:O

Davearmy
05-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Apparently readying an improved bid for him ffs -.- We scrap the bottom of the barrel anymore the fecking bottom will fall out.

andyj73
05-08-2017, 12:20 PM
.. Think you are going to struggle if this is the caliber of player you are after ..

MidsMagpie
05-08-2017, 03:12 PM
What a desperate and sad signing this would be, he isnt better then Gayle and Mitrovic. We seem to be signing spanish players galore, the new france :(

toonlegend
05-08-2017, 08:58 PM
What a desperate and sad signing this would be, he isnt better then Gayle and Mitrovic. We seem to be signing spanish players galore, the new france :(

is he on a par with Gayle ? "just as good" we';; be slaughtered without another striker of any caliber around.

toptoon
05-08-2017, 10:25 PM

So you have no faith in Benitez´s ability to judge players?

So far he´s got some wrong (Lazaar and Metz) but more right. He´s done enough in his career to merit some confidence from us.

andyj73
05-08-2017, 10:27 PM
is he on a par with Gayle ? "just as good" we';; be slaughtered without another striker of any caliber around.

.. Big lad 6,3 1/2 .. Seems that it is not just us who want to sign strikers who don't score goals ..