PDA

View Full Version : Pos Nige still upset he was sacked

rodcurrie
04-08-2017, 05:56 PM
There's a article on the News now pages,that he's still upset he was given the owd heave ho from BDBL.I don't call for managers to be sacked very often but he had to go,that "performance" against Scunny in the last game of that season was amongst the worst i've seen from a BLADES side for many many years and we finished in our lowest league position for 30 odd years, on top of that Hammond&Woolford.UTCB

AceOfBlades
04-08-2017, 06:57 PM
i wonder if he actually analyses his own performance, especially given that someone was able to make it look so easy despite being left with all his sh1te to sort out

FatherKnowsBest
04-08-2017, 07:08 PM
What Nigel baked for us looked okay from a distance. The icing was lovely. We almost had a cherry on the top, but the cake was dry and tasteless.

BlockD
04-08-2017, 09:05 PM
Here is a tip Mr Adkins to why you were sacked,watch the first and last games of the season you were in charge,the in between bit was even worse than these 2 games

bulmer1889
04-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Give him a DVD of last season and tell him this is what you should have done

Oh wait a min there isn't one,cmon Cooky get yer finger out

almostsignedmaradona
04-08-2017, 10:04 PM
There's a article on the News now pages,that he's still upset he was given the owd heave ho from BDBL.I don't call for managers to be sacked very often but he had to go,that "performance" against Scunny in the last game of that season was amongst the worst i've seen from a BLADES side for many many years and we finished in our lowest league position for 30 odd years, on top of that Hammond&Woolford.UTCB

That game was quite similiar to many of our home games last season.

Against S****horpe we were neat and tidy, nice patient possession play but too slow with no urgency.
No real desire to score as though it was a pre season friendly.

When we went 0-1 down against a very organised and efficient Scunny side I expected a reaction
But we again continued to play in 2nd gear as though we had the hand break on and I blame the manager for that.

I felt thoroughly depressed because there were too many players hiding and playing safe football, happy to make side ways passes.
It also really annoyed me how Adkins was so positive highlighting how we passed well and had good possession etc.

Wingy Blade
05-08-2017, 06:18 AM

Against S****horpe we were neat and tidy, nice patient possession play but too slow with no urgency.

When we went 0-1 down against a very organised and efficient Scunny side I expected a reaction
But we again continued to play in 2nd gear as though we had the hand break on and I blame the manager for that.

I felt thoroughly depressed because there were too many players hiding and playing safe football, happy to make side ways passes.
It also really annoyed me how Adkins was so positive highlighting how we passed well and had good possession etc.

I'm afraid his thinking has been overtaken. It's not about possession but what you do with it as Leicester showed. Interesting he hasn't been reemployed since.

rodcurrie
05-08-2017, 06:53 AM

It also really annoyed me how Adkins was so positive highlighting how we passed well and had good possession etc.I saw all the home games that season and Scunny in my view was the worst,if it was horse racing folk would've been shoutin fix,it was PATHETIC.I had a chat wi REEDY's dad before that game and he said he was gutted Louis couldn't get a game when Hammond was startin every week which i agreed wi.One good thing Pos Nige did was to bring BILLY home but my word he did alot more wrong and yet for some Son of Brian gets hammered more which i don't understand but hey "It's all abart opinions" UTCB

RonnieWaldock
05-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Pos Nige still upset he was sacked

I'm not!

BlockD
05-08-2017, 09:11 AM
Pos Nige still upset he was sacked

I'm not!

Summed up perfectly Ronald,