PDA

View Full Version : Well here we go....

stokearab
04-08-2017, 06:13 PM
The league is there for the taking. We need to be brave and confident of winning every game. We need to attack teams and get leads not play to contain and then have to come back from goals conceded.
We need to get to the top of the table early and stay there.
We need to play 2 up front as soon as possible - even tomorrow - because there is no team we need to be playing second fiddle to.

C'mon United. Let's get back where we belong.

zeek
04-08-2017, 06:41 PM
Exactly...nae messing aboot, nae excuses

Arab 8010
04-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Coming home from the Hamilton playoff game I must admit I was worried what the future held. About to lose most of our squad (although most were rubbish), fearful of the quality of player we would be able to attract and even the rumours that we might not even have a team to support. Fast forward a couple of months and I must admit I've been delighted with the signings so let's get right behind the team and help them get back to where we belong.

duke_the_arab
04-08-2017, 07:19 PM
If we're not 6 points clear at the top by Xmas and won the league by the beginning of April its carpet bowls for me next season.😉 Roll on tomorrow.

Arab59
04-08-2017, 07:34 PM
No excuses if we don't win league Thompson has backed manager now up to him to get players to win games

shedboy71
04-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Coming home from the Hamilton playoff game I must admit I was worried what the future held. About to lose most of our squad (although most were rubbish), fearful of the quality of player we would be able to attract and even the rumours that we might not even have a team to support. Fast forward a couple of months and I must admit I've been delighted with the signings so let's get right behind the team and help them get back to where we belong.

Agree I thought we were going to be threadbare this season as well on way to meltdown. I am happy with signings

Chick A Saw
04-08-2017, 07:49 PM
No excuses if we don't win league Thompson has backed manager now up to him to get players to win games

Im not so sure about Ray being backed as much as we would like to believe. But i agree its down to Ray, the players and us fans to help deliver what we need!

offshore_arab83
04-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Fans do more than enough year in year out, this is all down to the chairman, manager and squad now

Chick A Saw
04-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Fans do more than enough year in year out, this is all down to the chairman, manager and squad now

Tannadice is too quiet on match day though! Want to hear some noise getting behind the team.

Sandeman
04-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Agree, I know the singing section didn't exactly take off but I think we need to vamp up something at tannadice to get the crowd going!

Free half time pie for the section doing the most singing.... stewards to give out vouchers??

Chick A Saw
04-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Agree, I know the singing section didn't exactly take off but I think we need to vamp up something at tannadice to get the crowd going!

Free half time pie for the section doing the most singing.... stewards to give out vouchers??

Was that the bunch of lads at the empty end of the ground? Need that in the body o the kirk to get things going!

And dont get me started about the stewards!

Arabdad
04-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow. Am confident that we have a team that can play attractive attacking football but as we saw last season there's a time to win dirty. When we're battling against Morton, St Mirren, Falkirk and probably ICT tomorrow There's no place for shrinking violets or wee Jessie's who won't track back and help the defence.

C'mon United get this done then get into the Fun in midweek.

DerryJungle
04-08-2017, 10:19 PM
One thing you could never accuse Thompson of - despite his faults, of which there are many - is failing to back his manager. In all honesty this is perhaps the biggest reason we are where we are, Thompson chose to back the two idiots who preceded McKinnon, until it was too late. Why? Because he too is an idiot.

USArab
04-08-2017, 11:00 PM
The league is there for the taking. We need to be brave and confident of winning every game. We need to attack teams and get leads not play to contain and then have to come back from goals conceded.
We need to get to the top of the table early and stay there.
We need to play 2 up front as soon as possible - even tomorrow - because there is no team we need to be playing second fiddle to.

C'mon United. Let's get back where we belong.

United are in a far better position and shape than they have been for a few seasons. A pretty solid foundation to build on. It all counts from Saturday at 3pm

Hoofballer
05-08-2017, 07:15 AM
All the best folks, the roller coaster starts again today B)

RAM1971
05-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Tannadice is too quiet on match day though! Want to hear some noise getting behind the team.

A run of victories and the fans will soon find their lungs again!

PUTAMADRE
05-08-2017, 01:28 PM
current team available

fair enuff injuries and suspensions

somebody chops McMullan

chalmers is gonna have to take game

all the best wee man

p.s

i will never forgive thompson .....we are where we are today 1 season from oblivion.

seenitab4
05-08-2017, 02:16 PM
1-0 us pen😅😅😅 fans in full voice!!

Chick A Saw
05-08-2017, 03:57 PM

Every one thousand, one hundred and eighty-two of them! Radio said they were bouncing at the end.

Great start but i hope the knocks are not building up!

stokearab
05-08-2017, 03:57 PM

A great start. Sounds like it was a bruising encounter v a team of caber tossers, hopefully no serious injuries.

Well done United, well done Ray and the lads

Sutherland Arab
05-08-2017, 04:06 PM
ICT full of hammer throwers. I thought they would bully an equaliser eventually. Well done United for keeping it together, excellent three points!

USArab
05-08-2017, 04:13 PM
ICT full of hammer throwers. I thought they would bully an equaliser eventually. Well done United for keeping it together, excellent three points!

Ideal start with a win no matter how ugly it was. Need to keep the momentum going now.

shedka
05-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Very good win today, and the clean sheet too, positive stuff given we still have guys to come in (Murdoch/Durnan/McDonald) and others to get upto speed (Flood/Fyvie/Keatings)

Well done the near 1200 fans, sounded brilliant on the radio, gutted to miss it but delighted we are taking the 3 pts home

Keeps the good form from the end of last season going (Accies away apart) too

ianharab
05-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Given the players unavailable for one reason or another that's a great result , clean sheet as well , off and running keep it up lads

shedka
05-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Forgot Matty Smith and N'Koyi too

shedboy71
05-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Anyone up there care to give a run through? - amazing win! positive with all our injuries. Future seems brighter

offshore_arab83
05-08-2017, 06:07 PM
One thing you could never accuse Thompson of - despite his faults, of which there are many - is failing to back his manager. In all honesty this is perhaps the biggest reason we are where we are, Thompson chose to back the two idiots who preceded McKinnon, until it was too late. Why? Because he too is an idiot.

Agree hes backed the managers to an extent, Jan window was a disgrace and cost us the title IMO, as for his appointment of Mixu, least said about that the better