PDA

View Full Version : Rads wants top 6 - get a decent CB / LB first

bathlad61
04-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Squad In general, has the look & feel of a strong / well balanced set-up, new players so far have performed ok, the real test will be in the first few matches of " championship" football!
I know the right player / right price, has to be available / want to move clubs etc, but we do seemed to be stalling on signing that final couple of real quality additions in ***** positions - season starts tonight, and we are lacking in two key areas, sure gets these sorted, and things look solid, then with a little good fortune, we maybe not far away.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
04-08-2017, 10:11 PM
Think you're stating what most of us have this week, cb and lb are both required, I'd really like to get either Bartley Helander or Flint for centreback but all 3 have gone off the rumour radar, not sure regarding Bryan at leftback but definitely do not want Borthwick-Jackson.

We may need to go continental for a new lb coz I've no idea who's available 2bh.

Once those 2 have positions have been filled then we can look forward to the season ahead, they need to be signed in time for the first home game, we get pontus back and then another good centre back would force Cooper to be 4th choice. Everywhere else we seem to have good players, let's see what happens!

MOT!!!

Tichi1
05-08-2017, 11:48 AM
Think you're stating what most of us have this week, cb and lb are both required, I'd really like to get either Bartley Helander or Flint for centreback but all 3 have gone off the rumour radar, not sure regarding Bryan at leftback but definitely do not want Borthwick-Jackson.

We may need to go continental for a new lb coz I've no idea who's available 2bh.

Once those 2 have positions have been filled then we can look forward to the season ahead, they need to be signed in time for the first home game, we get pontus back and then another good centre back would force Cooper to be 4th choice. Everywhere else we seem to have good players, let's see what happens!

MOT!!!

Looks like we are getting him Clive - he can be your new Murphy/Wooton / Monk
You have a new one every season - so here's your one for this year...along with Coops of course lol!

Bartley staying at Swansea - part of their plans this season, Helander apparently never an option and Flint staying put at Bristol. Looks like we have what we have for now.O:)

magnificowhite
05-08-2017, 01:30 PM
Flint has been benched amid transfer speculation so could still be a possibility

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
05-08-2017, 01:36 PM
I give all new players a chance, it just means that if he has to play to avoid the club getting fined by scum, he'd better be feckin amazing!!!

pete1967b
05-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Why the feck do we need a new left back?? Beradi was very good last season and lets not forget he kept Taylor out of the team on merit when Taylor was fit.It isnt all about Quality as a defender you need balls and this kid has big ones.

If we had a defender with all the attributes we all want or any position for that matter then we wouldnt keep them very long would we.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
05-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Peter who plays there if berardi gets injured or suspended, it's about squad depth, this is no reflection against berardi, I'm a berardi fan!