PDA

View Full Version : Just watched the full Oxford game

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
04-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Motm was roofe comfortably, was the best attacking force we had and scored a good goal

Couldn't judge Wiedwald as he had nowt to do, what he did do was reasonable

Ayling as I've said before, good player but got done for pace by Johnson, if we sign a good lb I'd consider berardi at rb

Berardi did well defensively but he struggles to attack when he's on the left side understandably

Pennington was the best of the defenders in this match, can't think of anything he did particularly wrong, could get gametime the young lad this season

Cooper his distribution and balls forward were really poor, when he headed high balls away they didn't go very far either, and Pennington got him outa jail free towards the end too, he cannot be considered one jansson returns and a new cb comes in

Okane poor first half good second half, like him as a player though, good style of play and can defend and attack, useful player

Phillips thought he did well actually, always strong in the tackle and made some good passes too

Hernandez as usual good on the ball but wasn't at his creative best in this one but we know he can play football no doubt there

Alioski I liked his work rate good on the ball and tracked back as well as attacked however he didn't create much on this occasion

Wood I thought had a bit of a poor game for his goalscoring standards, had one or 2 great chances to score and didnt

Anita looked OK when he came on but I'm thinking he is a midfielder not a fullback, he certainly wouldn't get past ayling and berardi at rb

Bridcutt didn't do much when he came on either right or wrong

Klich tried to get on the ball quite a bit and did fairly well considering he's not played much preseason, could feature once he gets match fit

Saiz looks quite comfortable on the ball, tried to make things happen up top with mixed results, like klich needs a bit more sharpness perhaps

Sacko did what sacko does both best and worst, used his pace and trickery to bypass the Oxford defence but his final decisions more often than not were poor, if only he would improve that side of his game he would be an excellent winger at this level

Dallas got down the wing two or three times and was effective, scored a great goal, the third of preseason and has put himself in contention for a start against Bolton

Ekuban now this kid likes a little trick here and there with 2 back heels which both worked out well, looks quite strong and pacey, definitely interested to see what impact he can make this season

fredlufc74
05-08-2017, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the report on the match Clive, I haven't seen anything pre-season so it was good to hear. Looking forward to Sunday and the new season.

MOT

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
05-08-2017, 09:17 AM
Definitely looking forward to it, my only sole concern is Cooper, on rare occasions he's had a good match, we need just that from him tomorrow, can't see TC not playing him while jansson is out. Let's see what happens!

MOT!!!