PDA

View Full Version : Is it me?????

BanjoPie
05-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Just not feeling the usual excitement for the start of a new season. I am getting older so perhaps the desire is waining although not alot of talk on this forum about it either - anyway, lets hope we get a good start at Coventry and have a brilliant season.

sidders
05-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Just not feeling the usual excitement for the start of a new season. I am getting older so perhaps the desire is waining although not alot of talk on this forum about it either - anyway, lets hope we get a good start at Coventry and have a brilliant season.

Football pales by comparison with a magnificent sporting occasion like Mo Farah's stunning victory last night. Plus supporting Notts has been very wearing over the past few seasons. Expectations have been dampened. Most fans think a top half finish is the most that can be expected. Not exactly riveting stuff, is it?

Notts78
05-08-2017, 12:09 PM
I love the opening weekend... not so bothered about 1 result (obviously hope we win) but knowing I have 9 months of football to feast on. The excitement of local derbies, will we have a decent cup run or get a big gun? Will we be challenging come April next year? Dealing with the ups and inevitable downs throughout the season. This season is particularly exciting as my 4 year old (been to 3 games) really wants to come (for now). What better feeling having your son with you

SwalePie
05-08-2017, 12:33 PM
I'm surprised but I'm actually feeling quite excited. Clearly, being a Notts fan, that is tempered with not a small dose of trepidation.

Will it be 'At last!' or 'Here we go again!'? Only time will tell :)

BanjoPie
05-08-2017, 01:05 PM
I love the opening weekend... not so bothered about 1 result (obviously hope we win) but knowing I have 9 months of football to feast on. The excitement of local derbies, will we have a decent cup run or get a big gun? Will we be challenging come April next year? Dealing with the ups and inevitable downs throughout the season. This season is particularly exciting as my 4 year old (been to 3 games) really wants to come (for now). What better feeling having your son with you

Wish I had your enthusiasm

SmiffyPie
05-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Listening to an interview several weeks ago about some Championship club or other deciding tat this season would be "consolidation" the commentator said, quite rightly, that that is the last thing supporters want to hear! Consolidation? Where is the incentive in that?? (Joe falls off the commode!!!)

jackal2
05-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Listening to an interview several weeks ago about some Championship club or other deciding tat this season would be "consolidation" the commentator said, quite rightly, that that is the last thing supporters want to hear! Consolidation? Where is the incentive in that?? (Joe falls off the commode!!!)

Depends on the context. If you're Huddersfield in the Premier League or Burton in the Championship, consolidation sounds a fine target and fans know the score. However, if your owner has been boosting season ticket sales with promises of "wow" signings and minimum top seven finishes on radio and social media, then fans get a bit miffed if the reality doesn't match up.

the_anticlough
05-08-2017, 03:31 PM
I'm happy the season's started and I'll try to get to as many games as I can. I'm optimistic we can be top half and vie for a play-off spot.
I'd feel more enthusiastic if Stead and Smith weren't in the squad and that their wages were combined for another new striker but you can't expect to like every decision.

JoePass
05-08-2017, 06:01 PM

Can't fall off my commode, it's fitted with a safety belt. As for today's game, perhaps sitting on my commode at home reading the Guardian would have been much more interesting than the game I witnessed.

SmiffyPie
05-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Can't fall off my commode, it's fitted with a safety belt. As for today's game, perhaps sitting on my commode at home reading the Guardian would have been much more interesting than the game I witnessed.In the absence of a button...LIKE

CmonUSexyStylishPies
05-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Depends on the context. If you're Huddersfield in the Premier League or Burton in the Championship, consolidation sounds a fine target and fans know the score. However, if your owner has been boosting season ticket sales with promises of "wow" signings and minimum top seven finishes on radio and social media, then fans get a bit miffed if the reality doesn't match up.

As we have a top 6 attendance (or thereabouts) for league two then automatic promotion/play offs should always be a realistic target. Constantly finishing below teams such as Barnet, Accrington et al who struggle to get 2,000 is depressing.

i961pie
05-08-2017, 08:16 PM
Can't fall off my commode, it's fitted with a safety belt. As for today's game, perhaps sitting on my commode at home reading the Guardian would have been much more interesting than the game I witnessed.

You were doing ok Joe until you said reading the Guardian, surely nothing is that bad;D

slack_pie
05-08-2017, 08:37 PM
As we have a top 6 attendance (or thereabouts) for league two then automatic promotion/play offs should always be a realistic target. Constantly finishing below teams such as Barnet, Accrington et al who struggle to get 2,000 is depressing.

Absolutely. We've been outplayed by teams with a fraction of our support and budget for years now. Why are teams like Accrington and Barnet better run than Notts?

sidders
05-08-2017, 09:00 PM
You were doing ok Joe until you said reading the Guardian, surely nothing is that bad;D

It can't be much fun reading a newspaper when the likes of yourself has to consult a dictionary after every third word....

JoePass
05-08-2017, 09:09 PM
It can't be much fun reading a newspaper when the likes of yourself has to consult a dictionary after every third word....

That's very trew youth, yo rate duck. However, I like the Guardian, saves me loads of money on bog paper.

queenslandpie
05-08-2017, 09:19 PM
The internet of things builds one into t' commode nowadays Sid. I would have thought that you of all people would know that!!

SmiffyPie
05-08-2017, 09:42 PM
It can't be much fun reading a newspaper when the likes of yourself has to consult a dictionary after every third word...."The likes of yourself" you pompous dick.

Elite_Pie
05-08-2017, 09:57 PM
"The likes of yourself" you pompous dick.

Yaaaaawn. Yet another thread turned into a boring argument.

Sorry Smiffy, I couldn't resist!

i961pie
06-08-2017, 05:57 AM

??????????????????? you have me there Sid, keep taking the tablets:zzz:

SmiffyPie
06-08-2017, 09:17 AM
Yaaaaawn. Yet another thread turned into a boring argument.

Sorry Smiffy, I couldn't resist!;D But I wasn't arguing. I was merely responding to an ill mannered post. The inevitable self-righteous response from the bad mannered person falls into the category of a boring argument. Any such response will not be worthy of a reply thereby displaying my amazing self-control. :zzz:

sidders
06-08-2017, 10:13 AM
;D But I wasn't arguing. I was merely responding to an ill mannered post. The inevitable self-righteous response from the bad mannered person falls into the category of a boring argument. Any such response will not be worthy of a reply thereby displaying my amazing self-control. :zzz:

My comments weren't addressed to the likes of yourself, Mr Smith. When a great newspaper is attacked so viciously I will always jump to its defence.
And once again you commit the cardinal sin of attacking the poster, not the post. My comment may have been a bit OTT but that doesn't make me or my dick pompous.

Elite_Pie
06-08-2017, 10:20 AM
My comments weren't addressed to the likes of yourself, Mr Smith. When a great newspaper is attacked so viciously I will always jump to its defence.
And once again you commit the cardinal sin of attacking the poster, not the post. My comment may have been a bit OTT but that doesn't make me or my dick pompous.

I am in full agreement with you both.

Just wanted to give agreement a try to see what it feels like.

JoePass
06-08-2017, 10:30 AM

"Great" newspaper, well you are more deluded than I thought. When the likes of that paperboy Owen Jones is a columnist I need make no further comment.

sidders
06-08-2017, 04:22 PM
"Great" newspaper, well you are more deluded than I thought. When the likes of that paperboy Owen Jones is a columnist I need make no further comment.

I suppose if your arse has got used to the Mail, the Grauniad is a bity of an awkward shape!