PDA

View Full Version : The FA Cup

Supersub6
05-08-2017, 11:40 AM
The FA Cup starts today, even before many clubs have played any league games at all.
This is the Extra Preliminary Round and there are no less than 341 matches scheduled to be played today in this round and there were 5 already played last night.
Although many of the top league clubs treat this competition with disdain it is still a very important competition for these clubs who are lower down the pyramid and could earn money which will help sustain their very being.

I shall be off to watch Ashington play against Sunderland Ryhope Colliery Welfare, two teams who play in the 1st Division of the Ebac Northern League who will be looking to progress through, eventually, to the First Round Proper on 4 November 2017. To get to that point they would have to win a further 5 games after today!

Altobelli
05-08-2017, 11:58 AM
I lost the "thrill" of the FA Cup when Sky and the FA started creaming all the elite teams with lower one's not getting a fair shake, probably just before the Premier League was produced, what really killed it for me was one year Man Utd decided to have a game in Asia (or somewhere) for more £'s than the FA Cup could pay and didn't take part, the FA did nothing about this and they got away with it, I would have fined them and banned them from the competition for 10 years but nothing was done, another "elite" team getting away with flouting our National game with nothing done, if a non elite team would have done that the FA would have been all over them like fly's on sh!t.

Good luck to all these teams Sub, they deserve all they earn, as little as it is, and enjoy the Ashington v SRCW game Sub :)

gardsPNE
07-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Still love the FA Cup Alto no matter what the top brass nobs have done to it and it's still the best club cup comp in the world bar none

alfinyalcabo
07-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Still love the FA Cup Alto no matter what the top brass nobs have done to it and it's still the best club cup comp in the world bar none

Can see the Nobbers winning it this year Gards..

Turfmoorspirit
07-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Can see the Nobbers winning it this year Gards.. I am off to the bookies , first thing !

chalky_ncfc
07-08-2017, 07:11 PM
I love the FA Cup when Notts make it to the third round proper and there's a chance of playing a big club......but we usually out in the first round

sinkov
07-08-2017, 08:36 PM
I love the FA Cup because, instead of struggling against the likes of Chelsea and United in the league, it gives clubs like us the chance to run up a cricket score against crappy little teams..........like Lincoln.

alfinyalcabo
07-08-2017, 09:37 PM
I love the FA Cup because, instead of struggling against the likes of Chelsea and United in the league, it gives clubs like us the chance to run up a cricket score against crappy little teams..........like Lincoln.

remember you're a Womble..lol