PDA

View Full Version : Bristol V Barnsley team news

EastStandRed
05-08-2017, 01:03 PM

EastStandRed
05-08-2017, 01:09 PM
BristolCity : Fielding, Pisano, Wright, Hegeler, Bryan, Brownhill, K.Smith, Pack, Paterson, Reid, Diedhiou.

animallittle3
05-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Liked to have seen Hammill start instead of Mowatt myself .

EastStandRed
05-08-2017, 01:21 PM

animallittle3
05-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Jackson worries the shyte out of me too , surprised he hasn't gone with Pinnock but we will see of course .

We need to concede an early goal like we need a hole in the head , that will get their fans right up and they are pretty vociferous at the best of times , goes the other way too if we can frustrate them .

Could be any result and any kind of performance today to be honest , we just don't know do we .

EastStandRed
05-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Strange line up

anstonred
05-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Can't believe neither Hammill nor Mallan starting (Mallan not even a sub - is he injured?)
Jackson and the 2 strikers were awful at Rotherham - others will start calling us Barnsley Nil! I hope for the best but fear the worst

Jules88
05-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Decent start and don't deserve to be behind

Jules88
05-08-2017, 02:30 PM
We do now

Jules88
05-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Seriously., we need a striker??? Defender pleas le
They are crap

animallittle3
05-08-2017, 02:35 PM
We do now

Got to say I'm fearing the worst mate , hopefully we can give some respectability to the scoreline in the second half .

GUNTERYY36
05-08-2017, 02:49 PM
Seems like my 0-4 prediction was a bit optimistic. Bottom of the table is looking good though.

EastStandRed
05-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Can't believe Hecky can't see Jacksons pants

Acido
05-08-2017, 02:51 PM
What the hell is Hecky doing with Hammill, I don't understand why hes messing him about like this.
I'm not in the slightest bit surprised here and nobody can make excuses like 'its only a friendly' etc this time. A good start from us is one thing, but it sounds like they have thrown in the towel again after going behind and Bristol could go onto get 6 or more here if they want to.
One game doesn't make a season, but lets not kid oursevles here, we are going down and this writing has been on the wall since the start of the year.
Can we challenge and come straight back up from Lg One next season ? :(

animallittle3
05-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Seems like my 0-4 prediction was a bit optimistic. Bottom of the table is looking good though.

None the less Gunt I'm pretty certain you can't be relegated 45 minutes into the season .

Jules88
05-08-2017, 02:53 PM
first ten we were ok.
They got goal and we just fell apart.
Attacking we haven't got a clue
Defending we are worse...
said we'd start poor... we will get better
Other than Davies and McCarthy, we've been poor
I'll say 4-3 to them
Potts is miles away.
Mrs Jules says that she Thinks that this season McDonald is going to be exposed as not being as good as we think, without Roberts.......
and he's her favourite player.!!!!!
Got to say I think she's right

animallittle3
05-08-2017, 02:54 PM
What the hell is Hecky doing with Hammill, I don't understand why hes messing him about like this.
I'm not in the slightest bit surprised here and nobody can make excuses like 'its only a friendly' etc this time. A good start from us is one thing, but it sounds like they have thrown in the towel again after going behind and Bristol could go onto get 6 or more here if they want to.
One game doesn't make a season, but lets not kid oursevles here, we are going down and this writing has been on the wall since the start of the year.
Can we challenge and come straight back up from Lg One next season ? :(

It's not great is it but it's only 45 minutes , it was always going to be tough at the start of the season .

Let's have a bit of perspective please .

GUNTERYY36
05-08-2017, 02:57 PM
None the less Gunt I'm pretty certain you can't be relegated 45 minutes into the season .

To be fair, Animal, I predicted bottom of the league after this one game. Mind you, I wouldn't bet against it even now.

Jules88
05-08-2017, 03:02 PM
We will get better. It's early days! No doom and gloom. One out of many.!

Romared
05-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Can't believe Hecky can't see Jacksons pants he's not wearing any !! He's gon commando ;D

Acido
05-08-2017, 03:13 PM
We will get better. It's early days! No doom and gloom. One out of many.!

Please tell us Jules that theres some good signs and that this is just one of those days etc. And I know we never win at Ashton gate anyway these days, but Id take any consolation right now.
A bit of perspective is one thing Animal but this is awful, and while I didn't expect us to win today I certainly didn't expect such an abysmal first half collapse like that.

This is sounding like our best spell of the game, and maybe its because Bristol have stepped down a gear or two. Hammill is on at half time, and Hedges is as well now. Has he put Hedges on the wing or up front ? A goal, Ryan Hedges scores on 93 minutes, but its only consolation.

Update: FT: 42% possession, 10 shots, 5 on target, 2 corners, 9 fouls, all 3 subs used, we lost 3-1.

animallittle3
05-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Please tell us Jules that theres some good signs and that this is just one of those days etc. And I know we never win at Ashton gate anyway these days, but Id take any consolation right now.
A bit of perspective is one thing Animal but this is awful, and while I didn't expect us to win today I certainly didn't expect such an abysmal first half collapse like that.

This is sounding like our best spell of the game, and maybe its because Bristol have stepped down a gear or two. Hammill is on at half time, and Hedges is as well now. Has he put Hedges on the wing or up front ?
Update: 75 minutes: 7 shots, 3 on target, 2 corners, still 3-0 down.

I've said all summer we needed at least 4 stock championship players to go with the ones already here and the new lads .

Nothing is going to change now we are underway , all we can do is try and find a way to stay in the division with the hand we have .

We have 45 more games to play with , 4th bottom gets the job done .

Some players are out with injury who I'm hoping are going to be key for us this season .

We need a couple of strikers in badly , as we stand today the squad won't deliver 30 goals over the season and we will always concede .

If we have to pay over the odds then so be it but something needs to happen up top , sooner rather than later .

Hodger1957
05-08-2017, 04:07 PM

This is sounding like our best spell of the game, and maybe its because Bristol have stepped down a gear or two. Hammill is on at half time, and Hedges is as well now. Has he put Hedges on the wing or up front ? A goal, Ryan Hedges scores on 93 minutes, but its only consolation.

Update: FT: 42% possession, 10 shots, 5 on target, 2 corners, 9 fouls, all 3 subs used, we lost 3-1.

Reading lost the play off final and we're above them. Only behind Wednesday on goal difference and Middlesbro' and they're favourites for the title.
Beat a poor Ipswich side next week and things will look better.B)

Jules88
05-08-2017, 04:25 PM
I'll post later, but no good Signs

At all

Acido
05-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Reading lost the play off final and we're above them. Only behind Wednesday on goal difference and Middlesbro' and they're favourites for the title. Beat a poor Ipswich side next week and things will look better.B)

They (Ipswich) were a poor side last season Hodger and we really let them off the hook at our place, so lets hope we can do a proper job on them next week.
Its going to be a right struggle this season obviously, and and I desperately hope Hecky is given something extra in his hunt for a few strikers. And just that bit of extra experience could make all the difference, so I hope we re-think our plan and look for players near the 30 age mark.
Bradshaw sounded awful in that first half today, will those who went either confirm or deny that ?

SBRed48
05-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Just a blip.

We lost the opener last season by two goals and were near the play offs in January.

No knee jerk reactions. Let's see where we are after 10 games.

Bring on the Ipswich.

Acido
05-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Just a blip. We lost the opener last season by two goals and were near the play offs in January. No knee jerk reactions. Let's see where we are after 10 games. Bring on the Ipswich.

Thats all true SB, but I don't think these are just 'knee jerk' reactions.
But if we beat Ipswich then things might look brighter this time next week, its hard but I know we're going to have to try and stay patient.
Btw regardless of todays result, is anybody bothered if we lose to Morecambe in the Lg Cup ?.
(because we did it against Northampton last season after losing 4-2 at Ipswich on the opening day, and it didn't affect our season)

animallittle3
05-08-2017, 05:18 PM
But if we beat Ipswich then things might look brighter this time next week, its hard but I know we're going to have to try and stay patient.
Btw regardless of todays result, is anybody bothered if we lose to Morecambe in the Lg Cup ?.
(because we did it against Northampton last season after losing 4-2 at Ipswich on the opening day, and it didn't affect our season)

I'd suggest we need as many games as we can get for Hecky to get these players moulded into an efficient unit .

A confidence boosting 3-0 win on tuesday night would give everyone a much needed lift , Morecambe or not with all due respect to them .

Acido
05-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Im just trying to cover all bases Animal, trying to get a few excuses in early if they beat us lol.
We all know what a good cup run can do and if we're going to play a Lg Cup match then I want us to play our normal squad regardless of who the opposition are.

Romared
05-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Ittul all come good , shecky start as most thort , then a few good runs , decent cup run !! Walla on t Wembley ageeun !!!

Atac
05-08-2017, 05:41 PM

Hey! No point playing a game you're not bothered about winning. We need a win, a clean sheet, and a good performance.

tiggertyke
05-08-2017, 05:53 PM
I watched the match on the new ifollow app ( which is crap, no commentary and looked like it was filmed on an iphone).
They looked every bit what they are, a total new team of individuals. When they went behind and were closed down quicker than I suspect they are used to, they resorted to what they know, lower league football. As Animal says they need time to gel. As they gel they will find more time on the ball and i'm sure things will improve. I think the players will be good enough and may be another suprise package. Could really do with someone stepping up as a midfield general. I trust in Hecky but expect some dam good thrashings along the way.
Thats my view for what it's worth.