PDA

View Full Version : No tannoy in cox

jdfc
05-08-2017, 02:51 PM
What a joke club we are, first game and the tannoy is broke, anyone tell us the ht draw numbers

Returnofrros
05-08-2017, 04:27 PM

Deeranged
05-08-2017, 05:16 PM
What a joke club we are, first game and the tannoy is broke, anyone tell us the ht draw numbers

I think we've more to worry about after that game than the operational condition of the Coxy tannoy.

ProvieRd
05-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Maybe a wee statement due from the SLO?

The manager wants noise and atmosphere and some auld knut in the Derry doesn't. Play like today and there'll be nobody on seats

GB72
05-08-2017, 07:08 PM
I think we've more to worry about after that game than the operational condition of the Coxy tannoy.

With the gate prices being the apparent one apart from the on pitch stuff

Dread to think how many will pay thro the gate against Hibs when its on the tv

26quid board miles out of touch

Deeranged
05-08-2017, 07:37 PM
With the gate prices being the apparent one apart from the on pitch stuff

Dread to think how many will pay thro the gate against Hibs when its on the tv

26quid board miles out of touch

Looking on the other board somebody saying one of our board reckons that with the players brought in this season Dens will be a fortress.

Light years out of touch.

jdfc
05-08-2017, 11:02 PM
It's the small things,

Oor Wullie
05-08-2017, 11:30 PM
The tannoy not working in the Derry wont bother you if you dont sit there

but you like to hear whats going on. I think the club should give an explanation

after all it's the start of the season. Is it fu cked for the rest o the season.

club doesn't give a f uck for its supporters.

GB72
06-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Looking on the other board somebody saying one of our board reckons that with the players brought in this season Dens will be a fortress.

Light years out of touch.

Also Deeranged with you having a bit of experience in this, would it have not been a good idea for Keyes, Nelms and Other directors to be in club shop and asking why guys wo were buying tixs for derby game werent buying season tixs, get a feel what punters were saying face to face..

Sure Keyes especially could have persuaded a few to buy

Just seems to be no thought goes into any pricing marketing etc at Dens.

Deeranged
06-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Also Deeranged with you having a bit of experience in this, would it have not been a good idea for Keyes, Nelms and Other directors to be in club shop and asking why guys wo were buying tixs for derby game werent buying season tixs, get a feel what punters were saying face to face..

Sure Keyes especially could have persuaded a few to buy

Just seems to be no thought goes into any pricing marketing etc at Dens.

IMO, fans are way down the list of priorities for the club. They do put a lot of thought into pricing of tickets but the person with the biggest influence sees only pound signs, despite being a genuine, life long Dundee fan. I did ask if prices could be reduced or special offers provided for some games but was told that the income from the extra people buying never covers the loss incurred by doing the offer. No regard whatsoever to the possibility that the extra bums on seats might buy full priced tickets or even season tickets next time. Short termism at its worst.

Marketing tends to be aimed at corporate sponsorship and hospitality and pays scant regard to the most important resource the club has at its disposable.

BCram
06-08-2017, 12:53 PM
IMO, fans are way down the list of priorities for the club. They do put a lot of thought into pricing of tickets but the person with the biggest influence sees only pound signs, despite being a genuine, life long Dundee fan. I did ask if prices could be reduced or special offers provided for some games but was told that the income from the extra people buying never covers the loss incurred by doing the offer. No regard whatsoever to the possibility that the extra bums on seats might buy full priced tickets or even season tickets next time. Short termism at its worst.

Marketing tends to be aimed at corporate sponsorship and hospitality and pays scant regard to the most important resource the club has at its disposable.

Excellent point about the corporate sponsorship and hospitality. Extra supporters must be the least considered option at our club. We know that a team that has total support from the fans can achieve miracles, Deefiant Season, we don't seem to be anywhere near that level of commitment. Everyone is, almost everyone, is moaning about the team and the same style of play that has been criticised for the whole of PH's reign as manager.

Just hope we get right behind the team on Wednesday, we can't afford to lose to United, ever, IMO, and we will need to boost the morale of the new players who have been brought into our club. Moan at the ref, the opposition but not at our team. How about a new season resolution, Deefiant season support for our team.

Returnofrros
06-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Excellent point about the corporate sponsorship and hospitality. Extra supporters must be the least considered option at our club. We know that a team that has total support from the fans can achieve miracles, Deefiant Season, we don't seem to be anywhere near that level of commitment. Everyone is, almost everyone, is moaning about the team and the same style of play that has been criticised for the whole of PH's reign as manager.

Just hope we get right behind the team on Wednesday, we can't afford to lose to United, ever, IMO, and we will need to boost the morale of the new players who have been brought into our club. Moan at the ref, the opposition but not at our team. How about a new season resolution, Deefiant season support for our team.

Moaning was bad for the first day of the season.

Some folk just cant help it.

Never sat in the home ends much at other clubs, Utd and hearts only I think and the moaning was quite bad at hearts, dabs was a derby so hard to tell.

But when those that want to support are constantly being told what they are doing wrong, stop enjoying yourself, stop standing is it any wonder you hear the moaners more than those offering encouragement.

We were poor yesterday but you can already see the fear of making an error among the newer players.

It is what it is though, never gonna change.

GB72
06-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Moaning was bad for the first day of the season.

Some folk just cant help it.

Never sat in the home ends much at other clubs, Utd and hearts only I think and the moaning was quite bad at hearts, dabs was a derby so hard to tell.

But when those that want to support are constantly being told what they are doing wrong, stop enjoying yourself, stop standing is it any wonder you hear the moaners more than those offering encouragement.

We were poor yesterday but you can already see the fear of making an error among the newer players.

It is what it is though, never gonna change.

A pal of mine who played over 80 games for the club told me certain players were terrified of playing at Dens.....

Doesnt matter who you are, dens can be an unforgiving place even with 5000 in it

BCram
06-08-2017, 09:32 PM
A pal of mine who played over 80 games for the club told me certain players were terrified of playing at Dens.....

Doesnt matter who you are, dens can be an unforgiving place even with 5000 in it

Think we as supporters need to take a look at ourselves. I think we have lost a bit of belief and we come across as being harder on our own players than we are on the officials and the opponents. Can understand the feeling that the club are not doing enough to help make football affordable, and the clamp down on what used to happen in the SE has had an affect. Perhaps that atmosphere has gone because the people who created it have stopped going to matches so it may be that we are remembering different and happier times that just will never be recreated. We might need a new Derry rhumba?

jdfc
07-08-2017, 07:26 AM
I think we should look at the Motherwell ultras, they push the boundaries and are left to create an atmosphere, there doesn't seem to be the over zealous stewards around them

Returnofrros
07-08-2017, 07:31 AM
I think we should look at the Motherwell ultras, they push the boundaries and are left to create an atmosphere, there doesn't seem to be the over zealous stewards around them

We cud have the first sitty Doon ultras to keep the most respected and cooncil happy with an incorporated lgbt section to keep Pravda really happy.��

deetox
07-08-2017, 11:22 AM
No Cox in the Tannoy either.

I'll get my hat . . . B)

jdfc
07-08-2017, 12:07 PM
We cud have the first sitty Doon ultras to keep the most respected and cooncil happy with an incorporated lgbt section to keep Pravda really happy.��

Maybe the SLO can start the ball rolling, at least he'll be doing something to justify his free ticket, (according to prince next door)

shaded
07-08-2017, 04:34 PM
the h+s brigade about got the Derry shut for a few encroachments
surely no pa system is a serious breach of the h+s regs
just saying

GB72
07-08-2017, 05:02 PM
the h+s brigade about got the Derry shut for a few encroahments
just saying

Certain punters on other forum were delighted when the Derry was sanitised, now same people are wondering only 5000 went thro the gate Sat

Returnofrros
07-08-2017, 06:08 PM
the h+s brigade about got the Derry shut for a few encroahments
just saying

Mibbe we shud employ a stadium manager. A respected ane though.

thegen65
07-08-2017, 06:57 PM
the h+s brigade about got the Derry shut for a few encroachments
just saying

Good point fella.

deetox
07-08-2017, 10:32 PM
How many went through the LGBT turnstyle ?

Is there a uni*** toilet in the Derry or is that the derry bog ?