Whelan
Lansbury
Elmohamady
Bacuna
Gabby
Hogan

samhubball
05-08-2017, 05:29 PM
I like the Hutton elmo overlapping thing and a superbly taken goal by Mr Villa. Another 19 of those this season and we will all love him as much as bongo!

Exiledvillan
05-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Well Rosie, 1-0 HT. All played alright really, even Gabby n Hutton. Unfair to pick out a star or a dud at this point. Much more positive play in 45mins than most of all last 5 or 6 seasons. Thought JT looked a bit flat footed towards the end of the half with Hernandez but he has been a rock positioning at the back, lifting the pressure off Chester.
Hope for more of the same 2nd half. Bought Narrrich tickets this morning woohoo.

Exiledvillan
05-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Bloody hell, I'm a jinx 1-1. Im off before I cause more damage.

freer
05-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Well its the same old song

Good well taken goal by Gabby, he worked hard but seldom showed for the ball

For a Brucey Bonus can anyone explain w/t/f Bacuna brings to the party ? The guy couldn't pass wind !

From the start of the second half Hull took the initiative, we again witnessed Steve Bruce’s inability to influence the course of a game

But hold on what's this - with 300 seconds left Bruce has a spectacular attacking idea “ lets throw on Chris Samba & hoof the ball goal-wards” WOW !! truly inspirational

I can accept we ain't gonna win every match

http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/2135/animated-boxing-smiley-image-0004.gif (http://www.animatedimages.org/cat-boxing-smileys-and-smilies-2135.htm)

But for Christ sake Steve “ Lets make a fist of it & go down swinging”

Acido
05-08-2017, 07:08 PM
So NO gametime for Connor Hourihanne or James Bree today... are they out of favour with Steve Bruce already ? :O

Exiledvillan
05-08-2017, 08:44 PM
So NO gametime for Connor Hourihanne or James Bree today... are they out of favour with Steve Bruce already ? :O

No idea Acido, CH was played out of position last season, and Bree?, well, I don't know what he's done wrong. He certainly looks an upgrade on our other RBs, tho some would dispute that despite Hutton's kamikaze nature. Tis a long season, as we found out last year, so hopefully (for me) they will get their chance. I'm very disappointed with Lansbury, so hopefully our loan from Spurs will take the No10 role, leaving CH to provide the ammunition.

What's happening up there?, sold all ya players. We stole 2 and Wendy robbed another, what's gooooooin on?

Acido
05-08-2017, 09:13 PM
No idea Acido, CH was played out of position last season, and Bree?, well, I don't know what he's done wrong. He certainly looks an upgrade on our other RBs, tho some would dispute that despite Hutton's kamikaze nature. Tis a long season, as we found out last year, so hopefully (for me) they will get their chance. I'm very disappointed with Lansbury, so hopefully our loan from Spurs will take the No10 role, leaving CH to provide the ammunition.
What's happening up there?, sold all ya players. We stole 2 and Wendy robbed another, what's gooooooin on?

Hey up Exiled, and tahh for replying.
We thought Connor was ace and we were really disappointed to have lost him for (whatever the undisclosed fee was). James was good as well at what he did, but Connor was an attacking goalscoring midfielder, and they are like bricks of gold at this level. Know what I mean ?. lol

freer
05-08-2017, 09:24 PM

Its Steve Bruce speciality Acido

Signing a player who was successful/confident @ his previous club

Then Mr Bruce cunningly suppresses/strangulates/discards what made him such a success at his former club & play in Bruce’s unadventurous ultra defensive system

I was immensely impressed by Connor Hourihanne when he played for Barnsley -who I am sad to say is now a shadow of the captain/player you once knew

The great news is Bruce’s is well on track with his existing project I.e destroying the once confident Scot Hogan http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/very-sad.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Acido
05-08-2017, 09:35 PM
Its Steve Bruce speciality Acido
Signing a player who was successful/confident @ his previous club
Then Mr Bruce cunningly suppresses/strangulates/discards what made him such a success at his former club & play in Bruce’s unadventurous ultra defensive system.
I was immensely impressed by Connor Hourihanne when he played for Barnsley -who I am sad to say is now a shadow of the captain/player you once knew. The great news is Bruce’s is well on track with his existing project I.e destroying the once confident Scot Hogan.

Hey Freer I appreciate the info and hearing what you all think about Bruce, and his attitude towards Connor.
We had a stinker today at Bristol City, so lets not talk about that eh lol. What about the Hull game, I didn't watch it but it sort of looks like 2 points blown ?.

samhubball
05-08-2017, 11:49 PM
Freer doesn't really speak for all of us Acido. ..

For me Bruce is the best manager for the task of getting us promoted with his canny knack of doing it with other clubs. Today wasn't pretty - lumping the ball up the field, the width was good, Bacuna was a none entity and the blue eyed boy scored a great goal.

I'm not sure what to think. Steve Bruce has all the attributes to get us up but for he long term I'm not sure the football is pretty enough or the tactics estute enough for going onwards and upwards.

stateside
06-08-2017, 04:15 AM
We haven't seen the Hourihane of Barnsley yet. Just a couple of glimpses. We also haven't seen the McCormack of Leeds or Fulham or the Lansbury of Forest, the Gardner of Forest or the Hogan of Brentford which says more about our club's knowledge of what made those players tick.

Bree has looked good, but I think our owner is demanding the manager bring in youngsters but not forcing him to play them.

freer
06-08-2017, 06:15 AM
Freer doesn't really speak for all of us Acido. ..

Sam,

We can get promoted under Steve Bruce, he has an impressive track record at this level, I like his honesty & directness

However NONE of the teams S B achieved promotion with were easy on the eye /enjoyable to watch-his game plan primarily is prevent the opposition from playing, rather than setting out an attacking force – as illustrated yesterday by playing ONE man up front

I too find it perplexing (as States points out)

He signs players then takes away their best attributes/plays them out of position instructs them to adopt a style of play different to the one which brought them to his attention

If we manage promotion S B will have served his purpose, if were underachieving 12 games in I think Dr Xia will swiftly end Bruce's tenure

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/perverted-smiley.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Just saying loike

TrianonDave
06-08-2017, 06:34 AM
We had it in the bag. We dropped it and we ended with a draw. Sound familiar?
Sort the front line out Bruce or you will end up like RDM!!!!

picasso
06-08-2017, 08:30 AM
I was quite impressed by our performance yesterday. We created a good load of chances which we squandered (Gabby, Hogan, Landsbury and Green were all culprits) but hopefully that should be relatively easy to rectify. Think we got a bit complacent and let them back in but we got back on top in the last twenty which again is never easy to do once the momentum is lost. Bit worried about the Samba tactic at the end though......

TrianonDave
06-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Samba has done that before with Blackburn but for Bruce to try smacks of being desperate!
Should have kept Hogan on and replaced Elmo with Greene.
Of course had tge desperate gamble paid off it would have been described as a master stroke but to contemplate this on the opening day shows he has not got a plan be?
Hurry up Kodija, that is unless Newcastle snap him up!

mondaze
06-08-2017, 12:30 PM
thought the first half performance was the best in 5 years, 2nd half was the usual dross. bacuna on the left made no sense whatsoever, he's barely useful on the right! hourihane or green should have started... hopeful for the season but not expectant.

TrianonDave
06-08-2017, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=mondaze;38611302]thought the first half performance was the best in 5 years, 2nd half was the usual dross. bacuna on the left made no sense whatsoever, he's barely useful on the right! hourihane or green should have started... hopeful for the season but not expectant.[/QUOTE

You would have thought that Bruce would have his best 11 sorted by now, surely that's why you have a 'pre-season'!!

You need a left footed player playing on the left, may have been better to have played Amavi in that position?

stateside
07-08-2017, 02:02 AM
Amavi was left out as his transfer is imminent.

bongosdad
07-08-2017, 03:06 AM
If we took a few of the chances at the end we would have won. Encouraging first game and it's a long season so it's all good.