PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the positives....

kill_the_drum
05-08-2017, 04:07 PM
My golf is going to improve!

Carlton_Pie
05-08-2017, 04:55 PM

Coz you dont have an patience and will write the season off after 1 game?

countygump
05-08-2017, 05:10 PM

We're not Yeovil and we ain't bottom.

JoePass
05-08-2017, 05:13 PM
We're not Yeovil and we ain't bottom.

Just back, I can't think of 1 positive today.

countygump
05-08-2017, 05:15 PM

ALERT !!! Someone has hacked Joe's account !!!!

BanjoPie
05-08-2017, 05:19 PM
!

Old_pie
05-08-2017, 05:28 PM

It's keeping AH off tw@tter!

kill_the_drum
05-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Coz you dont have an patience and will write the season off after 1 game?

Not at all, I'd just rather be on a golf course!

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 05:34 PM

I can....it's now obvious that lumping the ball 50 foot high into the the general area of the oppo penalty area DOESN'T WORK

Stop it Notts, start using the midfield and/or the wingers......that's what they're there for.....it ain't rocket science

countygump
05-08-2017, 05:37 PM
I can....it's now obvious that lumping the ball 50 foot high into the the general area of the oppo penalty area DOESN'T WORK

Stop it Notts, start using the midfield and/or the wingers......that's what they're there for.....it ain't rocket science

It may turn out to our benefit that we got a thumping. Illustrates to Nolo what we have known for weeks. This squad is nowhere near good enough to challenge for the play-offs.

Freeman25
05-08-2017, 06:03 PM
When we actually passed the ball instead of hoofing it we looked alright and Shola is still a class above this level.

As bad as 3-0 sounds had Dan Jones not been playing for Coventry we might have been okay, I thought at 1-0 down in the second half we looked like we were the most likely team to get a goal. Allessandra looked decent, Collin dealt well with crosses, Walker was absolute garbage.

countygump
05-08-2017, 06:05 PM
When we actually passed the ball instead of hoofing it we looked alright and Shola is still a class above this level.

As bad as 3-0 sounds had Dan Jones not been playing for Coventry we might have been okay, I thought at 1-0 down in the second half we looked like we were the most likely team to get a goal. Allessandra looked decent, Collin dealt well with crosses, Walker was absolute garbage.

Huge Realidy Check.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/a-huge-reality-check-notts-285812

Elite_Pie
05-08-2017, 06:08 PM
We are only 3 points away from the automatic promotion places. Although after today, they look a bloody big 3 points. We offered very little in the way of goal threat, and even though I thought Coventry only looked moderate we were always likely to concede. Early season hopes are already back to last season's - I just hope at least two teams are worse than we are.

Proudpie
05-08-2017, 07:01 PM
My pizza before the game was very good
Notts turnout was very impressive
Notts were not as bad as Yeovil
The view at the Ricoh is excellent
As for Notts display.....eerrr no can't think of any positive comnent
Here are some realistic ones however:
Slow
Woeful
Devoid of quality
No goal threat
Can't defend
Old
Slow ...oh sorry done that one

Frigiliana Pie 1
05-08-2017, 07:03 PM
Notts don't have the worst tannoy in League 2.

60YearsAPie
05-08-2017, 07:24 PM
As for Notts display.....eerrr no can't think of any positive comnent
Here are some realistic ones however:
Slow
Woeful
Devoid of quality
No goal threat
Can't defend
Old
Slow ...oh sorry done that one

Here's another ...... inept

And to think I missed Hales 95 in 30 balls to watch that display!

Proudpie
05-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Yep I too thought about the cricket but thought the new look Notts was a better bet
Same shortcomings as the last few seasons however
If the fans can see it why cant professional football people ?

i961pie
05-08-2017, 08:18 PM

Bloody hell we must have been bad:P

jackal2
05-08-2017, 08:19 PM
It's keeping AH off tw@tter!

You spoke to soon!

Alan Hardy:

If Hawkridge's effort that hit the post early had gone in then who knows. If's and butt's. Never really got the bounce today but we'll learn.

i961pie
05-08-2017, 08:22 PM
You spoke to soon!

Alan Hardy:

If Hawkridge's effort that hit the post early had gone in then who knows. If's and butt's. Never really got the bounce today but we'll learn.

Is Fullasheite writing his scripts?

AltyPie
05-08-2017, 09:02 PM
1. The Shots on Target account is up and running for the season with a single (BBC) - could be worse.

2. We only have to have one more SOT and we will catch the 2nd bottom team in this stat which is Colchester.

3. A 8-0 win next match with all teams drawing followed by a 1-0 win the next with all teams drawing will see us sitting pretty at the top - then you'll all be eating humble pie, hey? Stranger things have happened like errmmm........ help me out here......

Freeman25
05-08-2017, 09:20 PM
I noticed we apparently had 1 shot on target, I can't actually remember it though, Hawkridge hitting the post should be "off target" and that's the only time i remember us coming close other than when the keeper came out to collect passes ahead of Stead.

AltyPie
05-08-2017, 09:37 PM
I noticed we apparently had 1 shot on target, I can't actually remember it though, Hawkridge hitting the post should be "off target" and that's the only time i remember us coming close other than when the keeper came out to collect passes ahead of Stead.

So you're saying my Point 1 actually IS worse then?
F hell. I'll get the barrel and scraper out again.

uysapie
05-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Interesting that we are discussing the only shot in the game, says it all.

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 10:44 PM
Interesting that we are discussing the only shot in the game, says it all.

It was genuinely the only shot, honestly.....from a great interception from Aless pushing forward from midfield....I like Aless, bags of energy....he is a bit like an onside version of Luke Rodgers, buzzing around causing mischief......I wish we 3 or 4 of him

ps Don't forget the 2, ..............yes 2.....corners......woeful game

optipez
05-08-2017, 11:03 PM
I was fortunate enough to not be there , but anyone who watched us pre season will not have been surprised.
The positives that I'm clinging to are that we aren't ready for the season yet. We have signed players late, and bizarrely on the last weekend before the kick off we split the first team and sent half to Conf North York and the rest to Carlton. No fine tuning, just a random shuffle of the team .
The second is that the window is still open and there is still time to sign someone who can run at pace and is neither a geriatric or plucked from non league and expected to perform to a standard no scout or manager in the country thinks they're capable of except for us.
The third is that Nolan, who hasn't covered himself in glory in his preparations so far may pick player of the season Milsom in midfield and Grant who actually has the tools in the box to do his job well at this level.
Finally having watched the goals, I can't believe Jones is that bad having thought he looked useful in pre season.

nw6pie
05-08-2017, 11:14 PM
I was fortunate enough to not be there , but anyone who watched us pre season will not have been surprised.
The positives that I'm clinging to are that we aren't ready for the season yet. We have signed players late, and bizarrely on the last weekend before the kick off we split the first team and sent half to Conf North York and the rest to Carlton. No fine tuning, just a random shuffle of the team .
The second is that the window is still open and there is still time to sign someone who can run at pace and is neither a geriatric or plucked from non league and expected to perform to a standard no scout or manager in the country thinks they're capable of except for us.
The third is that Nolan, who hasn't covered himself in glory in his preparations so far may pick player of the season Milsom in midfield and Grant who actually has the tools in the box to do his job well at this level.
Finally having watched the goals, I can't believe Jones is that bad having thought he looked useful in pre season.

Must admit, I was concerned by our lack of competitive games pre-season - basically Forest and Wigan, and then sides from leagues 6 and below. Today may have been the first time some of them played 90 minutes (or 95). For the life of me I can't understand this "45 minutes with the starting XI and then swap the team" approach to pre-season games - unless you're saying that they don't matter and it's what happens on he training ground that counts.

Mind you, I read football genius Gary Mills saying his York team had just enjoyed his best pre-season in 20 years as a manager - so of course they lost 1-0 at home in the National Leagur North today.

durhampie
06-08-2017, 11:48 PM

Our pre season was awful, we should have lost against Basford. Apart from that, the only other game we won was against Rolls Royce.. And yet KN recons it was outstanding..
We signed both Jones and Alessandra from relegated clubs, also Hodge and Saunders that no one else wanted. That sums it all up.

irishpete
07-08-2017, 06:29 AM
Our pre season was awful, we should have lost against Basford. Apart from that, the only other game we won was against Rolls Royce.. And yet KN recons it was outstanding..
We signed both Jones and Alessandra from relegated clubs, also Hodge and Saunders that no one else wanted. That sums it all up.

Simple.Pay peanuts,get Monkeys.

DelroyFacey22
07-08-2017, 08:25 AM

You're such a muppet, we signed Jones from a club that was relegated from the league above, meaning he spent the entire season playing League One football and his team were relegated, presumably the lad that put 3 past us on Saturday must be cr*p too because he played for a relegated club last season too?

Allessandra was the standout player at Hartlepool and the fans there loved him, when they played us the only thing their fans sung all game was his name, he was also only relegated because we were too sh*t to do our job and beat Newport on the last day of the season, if we'd won or drew and sent Newport down would you still moan about Allessandra?

We also beat Ilkeston and York in pre season for what it's worth (not much)

The-Mac pie
07-08-2017, 08:44 AM
I still don't believe that the problems we have wont be addressed by the management.
Saturday was peees poor
A blind man would know there is a lot to be learnt.
Sorry no insult intended.
However after 15 games we are sat just around the play-offs things will be so much better.
saturdays inept performance is a massive kick up the ass for the whole club.
Onwards and upwards from here.
I'm confident this will happen.
With or without my medication

pedrolane
07-08-2017, 09:34 AM
I'd love to know what Hardy means when he says 'We will learn'? We had a pre season to learn! I believe in KN but lumping the ball forward with no thought is not going to worry to many teams. It might have worked for Alladyce at Bolton but he had much better players to do it with.

MAD_MAGPIE
07-08-2017, 11:40 AM
You're such a muppet, we signed Jones from a club that was relegated from the league above, meaning he spent the entire season playing League One football and his team were relegated, presumably the lad that put 3 past us on Saturday must be cr*p too because he played for a relegated club last season too?

Allessandra was the standout player at Hartlepool and the fans there loved him, when they played us the only thing their fans sung all game was his name, he was also only relegated because we were too sh*t to do our job and beat Newport on the last day of the season, if we'd won or drew and sent Newport down would you still moan about Allessandra?

We also beat Ilkeston and York in pre season for what it's worth (not much)

At every club, even those that are in the bottom three/four or are relegated there is always one player that you would want to have in your team. In Allessandra I believe we got one of it not Hartlepools best player.

LaxtonLad
07-08-2017, 03:25 PM

It hasn't worked since Hughesy made it work.

KN has signed a hatful of midfielders but not one seems capable of an accurate pass forward along the ground or holding onto the ball or moving into space or even looking up for a Notts man in space (on the pitch, not in the sky). Nothing new there though.

LaxtonLad
07-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Simple.Pay peanuts,get Monkeys.

The scatter-gun recruitment style of Sean Derry has re-surfaced and the seemingly over-cautious reluctance of Alan Hardy to splash the cash on talent is evident. The well-publicised attempt to buy Noble is now looking a bit iffy to me, why has AH not spent his cash on another player, such as a nippy out-and-out striker?

pedrolane
07-08-2017, 04:14 PM
He has wasted the cash on Saunders, Hodge and others. As the man said pay peanuts get monkeys! Other than that has AH got the cash to improve the club? Oh I forgot we have a lovely indoor facility which is fantastic for 10 year olds.

sidders
07-08-2017, 04:22 PM
He has wasted the cash on Saunders, Hodge and others. As the man said pay peanuts get monkeys! Other than that has AH got the cash to improve the club? Oh I forgot we have a lovely indoor facility which is fantastic for 10 year olds.

Today's 10 year olds are tomorrow's 20 year olds, Pedro. What say you to that?

LaxtonLad
07-08-2017, 04:38 PM

If I were Pedro I'd ask how a kid could age 10 years in a day.

Old_pie
07-08-2017, 05:04 PM
If I were Pedro I'd ask how a kid could age 10 years in a day.

Easy - make the kid support Notts for a season!

PS I'm only 15 really.

ancientpie
07-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Easy - make the kid support Notts for a season!

PS I'm only 15 really.

Trouble is it can also work the other way, in the 2nd half Saturday I found myself sucking my thumb & almost bursting in to tears !! >:(;D

countygump
07-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Trouble is it can also work the other way, in the 2nd half Saturday I found myself sucking my thumb & almost bursting in to tears !! >:(;D

Could be why there's so many on here who throw their toys out their pram. O:)

pedrolane
07-08-2017, 07:36 PM
I say you are absolutely correct if you can age 10 years in a day! My point is the facility is not that state of the art as reported and not much use to KN's players being minimal in size maybe 20 x 30 yards. Maybe the funds would have been better distributed in other areas, like a decent player.

MAD_MAGPIE
07-08-2017, 08:14 PM
The scatter-gun recruitment style of Sean Derry has re-surfaced and the seemingly over-cautious reluctance of Alan Hardy to splash the cash on talent is evident. The well-publicised attempt to buy Noble is now looking a bit iffy to me, why has AH not spent his cash on another player, such as a nippy out-and-out striker?

By the weekend before the transfer Transfer window closes which is at 11pm on Thursday 31st August we will have played five league games and a cup game.

At this point we will get a small taste of what this team is about and it will be our last chance to get any players in to see us through to January. I'm hoping that we can bring in a striker, but my concern is if we had £100,000 to spend on Nolan that we don't spend £100,000 on another Izale McCloud.

For me it's still a quality solid central defender and a quality striker that are required. Probably three quality players to be a team that wants to be in the play-offs in my opinion.

queenslandpie
07-08-2017, 08:28 PM

Since when did a decade pass in 24 hours?