PDA

View Full Version : Lai and The Board are a Feckin Disgrace

baggieal
05-08-2017, 04:16 PM
So Fletcher and Olsson off the payrole so in my book with what's come in - our payrole costs have actually decreased rather than increased - and then you have the huge increase in Sky cash. Does Lai and the Board think West Brom fans are thick. Even the Dingles and the Vile have splashed the cash.

So if we start off badly - save your boos for the Board and the joke of a China Chap who purchased us for the same reason as the Blackburn owners - lets hope it does not go as wrong. I bet Pulis would love to spend some cash but hey ho - everyone will blame him and not the losers with the cheque book!

For the first time ever - my appetite to go to matches is about as warm as a slab of ice. So if we lose to Bournemouth - then take if out on the **** for brains who control the purse strings.

Perhaps, Rondon will know where the net is for once - perhaps our midfield will show dazzling creativity, and perhaps pace will out run our components. Yeah right - more chance of a euromillions jackpot.

So with the utmost of respect - feck the Board, and stick your chopsticks right up your ring piece Mr Lai!!!

WBA1955
05-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Hate'to'make'your'day'worse'Al,but'just'saw'report s'saying'we'have'offered'Gareth'Barry'a'2'year'con tract':mad:

mickd1961
05-08-2017, 05:38 PM
We aim to replace our 33 year old with a 36 year old FFS!

What a way to run a multi million £ sporting organisation.

Lai looks like a f kin Pygmy........it suits the size of his ambition.

It's an utter shambles.

Leicesterbaggie
05-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Have to agree with these sentiments. It is a shambles and I don't want anybody coming on here saying that I'm a 'harbinger of doom'. and that I should be more optimistic. I've always been an optimist as far as Albion are concerned but they are now pushing my patience to the limit. We have been an absolute disgrace in the transfer market for three seasons now. GET IT SORTED and no more pathetic excuses.

Barrera
05-08-2017, 09:03 PM
Spot on.......no investment, no ambition, no feckin anything.......players will give their all again....but unless we get some quality in next four weeks.....even Pulis (and Megson) won't save us.....can see now why Williams was brought in given his Blackburn experience....£120m of Sky money last year plus this season's Sky money and next two parachute seasons Sky money recoups the acquisition investment with interest.....money grabbing b.........s

Johnny on the spot 1
05-08-2017, 10:27 PM
Spot on.......no investment, no ambition, no feckin anything.......players will give their all again....but unless we get some quality in next four weeks.....even Pulis (and Megson) won't save us.....can see now why Williams was brought in given his Blackburn experience....£120m of Sky money last year plus this season's Sky money and next two parachute seasons Sky money recoups the acquisition investment with interest.....money grabbing b.........s

I do think this williams guy is a big factor on our transfer policy of ours being s hit .

Newcy Wolf
05-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Before a ball has been kicked.

Really funny :D

WBA53
05-08-2017, 11:14 PM

hey but atm we are still top dogs of the WMs and until it differs?lets see how the sunshine footballers the wilfs have signed deal with our harsh winters that will really shock them.NOTHING is given in English football and you should know that,that said at least up to now the Wilfs and the Vile are showing ambition while our owners are showing none
fwiw I don't think either the Wilfs or the Vile will make the automatic promotion spots,its a fierce league is that

9goals2hattricks3pen
06-08-2017, 05:52 AM

Being humiliated 1-5 at home by your nearest and dearest on live tv which led to not one but two relegations and a sacking of a manager to be replaced by a clipboard and then by how many joke managers (can you help me with how many?)

That my friend is really really funny and has been for FIVE years. But if you want a more recent joke that has got us Baggies splitting our sides have you the one about the really massive club just down the road?

Just had a chuckle to myself now. 1-5 at home. Couldn't make it up!Could you?

Newcy Wolf
06-08-2017, 09:01 AM
Being humiliated 1-5 at home by your nearest and dearest on live tv which led to not one but two relegations and a sacking of a manager to be replaced by a clipboard and then by how many joke managers (can you help me with how many?)

That my friend is really really funny and has been for FIVE years. But if you want a more recent joke that has got us Baggies splitting our sides have you the one about the really massive club just down the road?

Just had a chuckle to myself now. 1-5 at home. Couldn't make it up!Could you?

I don't think I've ever anyone as bitter and twisted as you.
I am referring to the doom and gloom displayed before a ball has even been kicked.
Or are some getting the excuses in already?

No matter, I am talking about the upcoming season.
I think we both know you weren't chuckling to yourself or else you wouldn't have bitten so badly.

It seems you hate Wolves more than you love your own club :D

Anyway, enjoy the season :)

Newcy Wolf
06-08-2017, 09:03 AM
hey but atm we are still top dogs of the WMs and until it differs?lets see how the sunshine footballers the wilfs have signed deal with our harsh winters that will really shock them.NOTHING is given in English football and you should know that,that said at least up to now the Wilfs and the Vile are showing ambition while our owners are showing none
fwiw I don't think either the Wilfs or the Vile will make the automatic promotion spots,its a fierce league is that

Neither do I.

Albionic68
06-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Have to agree with these sentiments. It is a shambles and I don't want anybody coming on here saying that I'm a 'harbinger of doom'. and that I should be more optimistic. I've always been an optimist as far as Albion are concerned but they are now pushing my patience to the limit. We have been an absolute disgrace in the transfer market for three seasons now. GET IT SORTED and no more pathetic excuses.

With the greatest of respect I have to disagree.

While I share your frustration with the seeming inertia of our 'Stalking Department', and also some of your concerns for the season ahead, you ARE a harbinger of doom :) .

There I've said it, what're you going to do, stamp up and down XD .

The line 'I've always been an optimist where Albion are concerned' is utter cobblers too.

You nearly always seem to be moaning about something, as is your prerogative.

But if 'Concerned of Leicester' is an optimist regarding all things Albion, I must be on a veritable acid trip of psychedelic delight XD ;D .

https://vimeo.com/107213875

Albionic68
06-08-2017, 10:02 AM
So Fletcher and Olsson off the payrole so in my book with what's come in - our payrole costs have actually decreased rather than increased - and then you have the huge increase in Sky cash. Does Lai and the Board think West Brom fans are thick. Even the Dingles and the Vile have splashed the cash.

So if we start off badly - save your boos for the Board and the joke of a China Chap who purchased us for the same reason as the Blackburn owners - lets hope it does not go as wrong. I bet Pulis would love to spend some cash but hey ho - everyone will blame him and not the losers with the cheque book!

For the first time ever - my appetite to go to matches is about as warm as a slab of ice. So if we lose to Bournemouth - then take if out on the **** for brains who control the purse strings.

Perhaps, Rondon will know where the net is for once - perhaps our midfield will show dazzling creativity, and perhaps pace will out run our components. Yeah right - more chance of a euromillions jackpot.

So with the utmost of respect - feck the Board, and stick your chopsticks right up your ring piece Mr Lai!!!

Not happy then Al' :) ?

Hope to see you in the Cricket club at Burnley chap B) .

Whicka_Mon
06-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Although I share everyone's frustrations with regards transfers. This solely isn't down to lack of ambition. Money is there it was last year. Certain transfers have been put off for footballing reasons. Let's be honest it is not our owner who wants to sign Gareth Barry. We may not have the money we want to spend but if it was spent in the past three seasons in increments then we wouldn't need so many players now.
Going into the season with no left back is a disgrace. But that is down to it not being a priority in a certain person's view.
Apparently we are told we have to feed off scraps and wait til the big clubs have finished. Then in the very next sentence we are told Bournemouth did their business early.
As far as the ambition of our neighbours. Both their ambition is to be where we are now. That is a fact. They are throwing money at it. Which to me is not ambition it is desperation. They are striving to be like us.
Both may go up this year but if they do their ambition will be to stay in the league. Just like us.

Feel free to rip the above apart lol

wbaliquidator
06-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Even the speculation has stopped now. Sports reporters have resorted to making suggestions !
The only consolation is that many other clubs are in a similar situation, although not as bad in my opinion.
These vastly inflated fees the mega clubs are spending pose a real threat farther down the food chain. Out of desperation to sign players in the next few weeks clubs will be forced to gamble on their financial security in order to keep pace.
In summary our clubs and supporters are paying for kids off the street and their agents to have super rich lifestyles.
Personally I like those big fat clubs of Europe to p off and play with themselves … literally

Leicesterbaggie
06-08-2017, 11:19 AM
With the greatest of respect I have to disagree.

While I share your frustration with the seeming inertia of our 'Stalking Department', and also some of your concerns for the season ahead, you ARE a harbinger of doom :) .

There I've said it, what're you going to do, stamp up and down XD .

The line 'I've always been an optimist where Albion are concerned' is utter cobblers too.

You nearly always seem to be moaning about something, as is your prerogative.

But if 'Concerned of Leicester' is an optimist regarding all things Albion, I must be on a veritable acid trip of psychedelic delight XD ;D .

https://vimeo.com/107213875

I'm sorry that you feel that I am a 'harbinger of doom' but I honestly I don't think that I am. I will admit that in the recent past I have been extremely critical regarding our transfer dealings and have voiced it vociferously but basically that has been my only real moan. I will be there next weekend cheering them on against Bournemouth and hoping that I am completely wrong over my concerns but surely you have to agree that we are thin on the ground. I have followed the Albion since the fifties and will continue to give them my backing no matter what.

9goals2hattricks3pen
06-08-2017, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=Newcy Wolf;38611058]I don't think I've ever anyone as bitter and twisted as you.

Look in the mirror

Albionic68
06-08-2017, 01:13 PM
I'm sorry that you feel that I am a 'harbinger of doom' but I honestly I don't think that I am. I will admit that in the recent past I have been extremely critical regarding our transfer dealings and have voiced it vociferously but basically that has been my only real moan. I will be there next weekend cheering them on against Bournemouth and hoping that I am completely wrong over my concerns but surely you have to agree that we are thin on the ground. I have followed the Albion since the fifties and will continue to give them my backing no matter what.

Concerned of Leicester, only an idiot could fail to acknowledge that we are thin on the ground.

As previously stated "...I share your frustration with the seeming inertia of our 'Stalking Department', and also some of your concerns for the season ahead.....".

Some may feel I'm something of a happy clapper, but I'm very definitely not.

And (rightly or wrongly :s XD ) I'd like to think that I'm not an idiot either ;D .

baggieal
06-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Not happy then Al' :) ?

Hope to see you in the Cricket club at Burnley chap B) .

No not happy, but once again, I will be climbing those stairs at the cricket club to sup that slop. Just hope, I am not toasting Barry, as I could run faster than him!

Just hope we beat Bournemouth but not confident and give one chance to Defoe - it will be in the net. Lets hope Rondon gets five chances - it could also be in the net!

Is the pint on you 68 or is it my turn? See you there!

Newcy Wolf
06-08-2017, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=Newcy Wolf;38611058]I don't think I've ever anyone as bitter and twisted as you.

Look in the mirror

Ok, I've just done that. Note to self:need a shave.

What next?

wbatillidie
06-08-2017, 01:34 PM

We're doomed I tell you doomed harbinger of doom

http://i40.tinypic.com/vrzm6f.

Albionic68
06-08-2017, 03:17 PM
No not happy, but once again, I will be climbing those stairs at the cricket club to sup that slop. Just hope, I am not toasting Barry, as I could run faster than him!

Just hope we beat Bournemouth but not confident and give one chance to Defoe - it will be in the net. Lets hope Rondon gets five chances - it could also be in the net!

Is the pint on you 68 or is it my turn? See you there!

I'll hedge my bets and say it's your turn Al' ;D .

Hic........

WBA1955
06-08-2017, 03:25 PM
If'you'guys'want'to'insult'each'other'use'the'PM'b utton'provided
No'one'else'is'interested